What's new

Pakistan becomes No 1 ranked test side in the world

Are you sure?
i think we will get to number 1 ONLY if India losses there match which is unlikely now. If i am wrong then no doubt it will be a huge acheivement. we havent played a test in our country for nearly a decade now and becomming worlds top ranked test nation will be huge in such conditions, an unparalleled acheivement!!!

Are you sure?
i think we will get to number 1 ONLY if India losses there match which is unlikely now. If i am wrong then no doubt it will be a huge acheivement. we havent played a test in our country for nearly a decade now and becomming worlds top ranked test nation will be huge in such conditions, an unparalleled acheivement!!!
Pakistan was always favourite for number 1 spot if we had not screwed up in the final two sessions of the third test against England. But India had to win the final test to edge past Pakistan by 1 point as the points are calculated after the end of series and drawing a match goes against the nation with higher points. So 1-2 points will be deducted from the total rating of India for not beating windies (one of the lowest ranked team) comprehensively

Pakistan was always favourite for number 1 spot if we had not screwed up in the final two sessions of the third test against England. But India had to win the final test to edge past Pakistan by 1 point as the points are calculated after the end of series and drawing a match goes against the nation with higher points. So 1-2 points will be deducted from the total rating of India for not beating windies (one of the lowest ranked team) comprehensively
But why we have this obsession with ranking? What actually matter is consistent performance and how long someone stay up there at top

Wow i never uttered any hate you all started :D

Wow calm down dude. I never said Pakistan is playing bad wtf? I just defending my nation.

Why do you feel the need to defend your nation in this thread? Why do you always have to resort to comparisons? Feeling insecure?

91f.gif
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pakistan:

No, thanks to the drawn series against England. Something even India cannot achieve. Big 3 slapped in their arrogant faces.

India is at best a T20 side. They should stick to IPL. Test cricket is a different ballgame.
Test cricket tests your endurance more than anything else.

Stupidity of human race is
People from two countries fight over
A game played only by 7 or 8 countries
A game not represented in Olympics
Most interesting is one has only 2 medal and other dont even participated in Olympics

would you believe cricket is 2nd world most popular sport... ;) after Soccer having an estimated 2.5 billion fans around the globe... but true it is yet to be a part of Olympics.. simple reason if Olympic will add T20 in to its format ICC will suffer in to losses because cricket viewership is enormous and ICC is earning very much out of it... if they will divert it toward Olympics the will cut short their own bank accounts... on the other hand water polo is a game i guess many even never heard the name but yet it is a part of it :D

This is so refreshing to know that Indians are blaming rain this time otherwise their all time favorite is ISI...i wonder what makes them that it was not ISI using kabootar to throw some dry ice and create rains :)

oh yes, i just read the details too!!
amazing!
what an acheivement this would be...
No test played in pakistan for yearsssss and here we are!!
WOW
Go Pakistan!!

pakistantestranking.png
And now....finally Pakistan makes , an entrance
pakistans-test-ranking-fca3fdae9f93611f45c052d7a1b4017d.jpg

Great Achievement I thought the Australians would never give this position up - but Misbah did it 1 tuk at a tuk tuk time

Great achivement for a Player / Captain who emerged so late on International Scene and did not compain just went about his business professionally

Last edited:
Most interesting is one has only 2 medal and other dont even participated in Olympics
Dude cricket is almost a religion in South Asia and the rivalry here is similar to sectarianism :D

Well Cricket is a relevant sport here is why and truely we can argue that it is the reminiscence of colonial times, as all the nations were past British constituencies

Population that watches or is familiar with the sport

a) 1 Billion folks in India
b) 200 Million folks in Pakistan
c) 156Million people in Bangladesh
d) 53.01 million in England
e) 23.13 million in Australia
f) 52.98 million in South Africa
g) 4.471 Million in Newzeland
h) 39.17 million West Indies
i) 20.48 million Srilanka

• So 1.5 Billion People watch the game - 21 % of earth's population

Total Population of planet
7.125 billion (2013)

And with improvement in Training for players it continues to be faster paced and more action packed than ever before

T20 does have potential to be a Olympic sport

Last edited:
What quality India has that it is number 1? It shouldnt be in top 3. They can win against West Indies and Zimbabwe abroad. Can only win at home on spinning pitches.

Back
Top Bottom