What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

how about RHAe comparison between the two when HE or KE rounds are used ? can we say it can get RHAe of 1.2m against TOW 2 or hellfire 2 plus ?

PS: i am novice in this area ?

During tests, AK took an hj8 head on at the turret with no penetration. No ERA tiles mounted.

With fy4 era, it should have better armour.

Last edited:
I'm confused, the thread started with pictures of VT-4 allegedly being transported from Chinese factory to Pakistan. Now we are hearing that the ToT is being negotiated. Which of these is true as both cannot be?

I take it as a minor hitch. Otherwise ToT would have been the first thing to be negotiated.

Chassis and stabilisers won't be able to take the additional weight and gun firing.
At this point in time there is nothing suggesting the PA is looking at the VT5, even for forces in around the LOC.
There's too much to do elsewhere with the tank fleet.

True, the recoil of 125mm alone would wreck the stabilizer.

One special thing in this tank, which no other tank of ours has of now, is that there is a mechanism in it whereby the tank does boresighting itself, meaning auto boresighting.
In Russia's Tank Biathlon, ZTZ-96B also can do boresighting itself. But Russia insisted that it was unfair to T-72, and then ZTZ-96B had to shut it down.
What a pity...
632b7966gy1fitzel1od4j218f0tm4cy.jpg
632b7966gy1fitzeazpduj218f0tmanq.jpg

Why not make a bet! If the buyer of the tanks is Pakistan, you cease your account. If the tank is not for Pakistan. I cease mine! How?

I told you long ago (2-3years) VT-4 will won. The spec of VT-4 beats T-84 Oplot , T-90S or whatever.

Its a tank PA cannot refuse. But then some told me they have insider info, very reliable... Blah Blah Blah. PA will not pick VT-4 becos its no good. lol.

Sir have got info from a credible member who was probably a pro that payment has been made and deliveries started, initially hundred shall come. The info is not so sensitive to be hidden.

Sir have got info from a credible member who was probably a pro that payment has been made and deliveries started, initially hundred shall come. The info is not so sensitive to be hidden.
Yes, now is open story and everybody knows. PA need VT-4 urgently. Norinco is trying all means to meet PA production number.

Yes, now is open story and everybody knows. PA need VT-4 urgently. Norinco is trying all means to meet PA production number.
Sir any serving person cannot risk to leak such induction until and unless announced officially however a retired pro has no such obligation so he mentioned the news few days back.

Sir any serving person cannot risk to leak such induction until and unless announced officially however a retired pro has no such obligation so he mentioned the news few days back.
In addition I am really happy that first true third generation is either inducted or going to induct which can challenge any latest MBT especially with better rumored ERA and GL-5 APS.

Back
Top Bottom