What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

IIRC the Haider MBT was meant to be off-the-shelf. If anything, I guess the biggest thing of interest to the PA is the VT4's armour technology. It's something HIT could absorb and scale across AK2 and AK1, AK, etc upgrades.

That will help, but i hope they look into the ERA and come up with something similar, or better.

As for composites and alloys, we are doing a good job at it but if a better tech comes, why not.

That will help, but i hope they look into the ERA and come up with something similar, or better.

As for composites and alloys, we are doing a good job at it but if a better tech comes, why not.

Bro,

Have a general question and excuse me if it’s stupid. But do ERA placed on tanks have a shelf life and needs to be replaced after a certain amount of years?

Screenshot_20200428-231413_MX5.jpg

Just check number of guests on this thread.

You may have observed that you hardly find any AK in 6 AD or even in north Pakistan despite the proximity to the factories and base workshops . It will remain like that for some time.

6 AD AOO is much larger, starts from where the mountains end till the land of the rivers.

VT4 goes north.

Ours is coming with 1500 hp engine, as far as I know.
Bingo (Part 3)

View attachment 628045
Just check number of guests on this thread.
2 Pakistanis + 1 Portuguese + 22 Indians

@PAR 5 it's starting to seem that the PA ordered a package: VT4 and SH15. But in 2018, NORINCO said it won tests for the 8x8 AFV and mobile SAM too, but the mobile SAM went elsewhere. So, did the PA only shelve the AFV?

@Quwa ... Hey Bilal, whatever happened to the $600 Million tank contract between Pakistan and Ukraine? A customised VT-4 with Ukrainian engines - is that even possible keeping in view what Beast said above?
IIRC it was a maintenance/rebuild/upgrade contract for the T-80UDs and additional 1,200 hp engines for the AK1.

No need to re-engine the VT4. It's a tight and integrated package, so swapping the engine out would be a chore. The PA wouldn't have ordered it if the VT4 as-is didn't make the cut, so it ordered exactly what NORINCO brought to the tests.

wh

What is it in the screen of first pic?

Fire control system. FCS. who works multiple target acquitision either in auto mode to select the most advance threat or manual to find threats yourself and click on targets while the auto loader loads and fires at targets.

One department where vt-4 doesnt disappoint - the eye candy!!

bdc5-isqivxf7570542.jpg

c93a-isqivxf7570507.jpg

8bb4-isqivxf7570494.jpg

4e97-isqivxf7570481.jpg

PS: I see a few "specific" changes in the interior compared to the Thai versions. The stabilizer, BMS, looks different, so does that monstrous FCS screen (first pic).

How much has been cramped into this small area. kudos to fighters, i used to get claustrophobic in this confined space of T80UDs. But i can tell you Al Zarrars are no less a beast too with FCS in it. i dont recall if it has BMS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom