What's new

Pakistan Army restricts Geo Channels in its offices

There is no shutting down of geo channels they are working in cantonments may be somewhere geo news may hav fallen down the channel sequence. Nothing more than that sir.

As long as they are not blocked until and unless found guilty by due process, then a rearrangement of channel numbers due to "technical reasons" is fine. Of course, if cable operators keep changing the channel assignments so that viewers cannot find Geo, then it is on tenuous legal grounds since the reasons for such rearrangements may need to be shown.

Geo atleast should be taught a lesson this time ...this is an apt moment to warn them to stay in limits...they have been very unprofessional in past too in so many ways...the matter shouldnt be taken lightly...if not a ban then something atleast...

Well amir mir pretty much blamed ISI when reading hamid mirs words after waking up. Man this is some open allegations over here.

to be traitor one needs to prove conspiring with help of foreign elements. otherwise its not treason.

Yes we should boycott Geo but not ban and Army should not get involved in it.
No Not really .. you can be charged with treason if you break the constitution .

They qre making them pay so that in future any other channel doesn't do this type of thing.

All Pakistanis must accept the fact that geo is indian channel. They are the one who shows ipl all the time in their channels and also indian cultures. They also took side of india in big three matter. If we all see closely there are lots of resemblence between indian channels and geo tv, the first similarity is that both are silent over kashmir issue. on 5 feb geo tv didnot showed even a single news about kashmir instead they were showing news of bollywood. And second resemblance is that geo news and indian channels in mumbai attack accussed pakistan and we all know geo news tried its best to prove that ajmal kasab was pakistani. And recently they are criticising our brave army and great isi just like what indian channels do. And more over if u look closely geo news logo and geosuper logo resembles to indian flag. plus they are hiding the corruption of our politicians and accussing our army for no reasons. so this indian channel must be banned from pakistan.

TAKE ACTION AGAINST GEO (JEW) BEFORE IT TAKES ACTION AGAINST PAKISTAN.

There is no Low treason , if you break the constitution then technically you are a traitor of the Nation ,

then by your own understanding there is no other treason than article 6.

so GEO is as patriot as Army maybe. :woot: :lol:

On a seriousl note: I dont remember the act which describes this second type of treason, by which Dr Shakeel Afridi is held...

Some financial losses to Geo for sure if Half a million soldiers are barred from buying Geo/Jang newspapers and tv channels bringing their TV ratings down massively.. but if Geo would receive compensation from foreign nations it wont hurt them
They got 50 million $ from usa in 30 june 2013. For showing false news and to mislead the nation and to turn nation against pak army

I think PTI idiots would offset this setback to GEO, by launching a long march in support of GEO.

On a seriousl note: I dont remember the act which describes this second type of treason, by which Dr Shakeel Afridi is held...
I said Break any clause of the Constitution & you are technically a Traitor .. where did I even mentioned Article 6 or high Treason ?

Cut the crap out dude.
Everyone knows mujras are comman in pakistan.
and what about your bolly wood?

:what: so you are saying if india attacks pakistan, geo news will fight against indian army to protect our land:sniper::yes4:

Activism is "the policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change". What is wrong with that, no matter who practices it, be it a new channel or not? There is nothing wrong about that.

Nothing wrong with that. Like you said it's legal.

However the cornerstone of journalism is objectivity; once you indulge in activism any promise of objectivity is lost.
Thus these two activities are self contradictory.

Back
Top Bottom