Featured Pakistan Army recruits viral long jumper Asif Magsi

Pakistan Ka Beta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Army recruits viral long jumper Asif Magsi
Web Desk On Aug 6, 2020 Last Updated Aug 6, 2020
Asif-magsi-1.jpg

LAHORE: Pakistan Army has decided to recruit and train Asif Magsi, who became a social media sensation after his long jump video went viral, ARY NEWS reported.

ARY NEWS carried the viral video of Muhammad Asif in its bulletin, highlighting the talent country possessed.

Asif can be seen jumping over 11 bikes in a viral video that got immense attention. In another video, Asif jumped over a lake covering a handsome distance with a Pakistani flag in his hand.

According to sources, the Pakistan Army will recruit the long jumper Muhammad Asif along with providing necessary training and assistance to him to further improve his talent.

“He will now join Army Athletics Team rather than joining the Lahore team,” the sources said.

Commenting on the development, President Pakistan Athletics Federation termed recruitment of Asif by Pakistan Army as a positive development and said that it would further embolden his talent.

On July 04, Asif Magsi got a call from Pakistan Athletics Federation (PAF) after his video went viral.

Read More: Sania Mirza’s hilarious TikTok video goes viral

In a video message, PAF’s president Major General Akram Sahi assured that Asif will be facilitated with all available resources. “I personally contacted Asif and invited him to Lahore where we will polish his skills and make him capable of representing Pakistan at the international level,” he said.

“I have asked our senior and finest coaches to observe him as soon as he reaches Lahore. I hope he will grow up in a sold prospect for Pakistan,” he added.

Last edited:
Two retired generals ney Pakistan ki sports ka baira garak ker k rakha hoa hey. One is mentioned in above news general Akram Sahi. He use to be head of Pakistan sports board and his war with Pakistan Olympic Association General Arif Hassan. Their lust of power has destroyed sports in Pakistan. I don't expect even single bit of good from Gen sahi or Gen Arif. Allah inko Garak karay. Kis tarah inn donoo ki apas ki laraye ney kitnay he young sports person ka future tabha Kiya hey. I use to be an active sports person who has played at national level. Mey tou itna acha nahi Tha to represent even my province probably only teach to top 16 of province once but kitnay hee talented Co players inn donoo gernals ki waja sey game hee choor Gaye hey.

Insh'Allah Asif will win world cap in long jump.

Being a broad jumper I know there are five main components of the long jump:
-Approach run,
-Last two strides,
-Takeoff,
-Action in the air,
-Landing.
I have observed that he is good at last three components mentioned above but he needs to improve in approaching run and last two strides.I donot know how much distance is covered by eleven motorcycles.But to be a good competitor at national level he needs 23-24 ft jump at least which is really an Himalayan task.

Last edited:
-Approach run,
-Last two strides,
-Takeoff,
-Action in the air,
-Landing.
I have observed that he is good at last three components mentioned above but he needs to improve in approaching run and last two strides.I donot know how much distance is covered by eleven motorcycles.But to be a good competitor at national level he needs 23-24 ft jump at least.

he still needs work on landing. but he is good will be polished in no time,,

His style is not too off from the IAF (International Athletics Federation) rules and can be trained to follow it. The problem with these natural born athletes is that sometimes they cannot adapt to the rules. I remember a guy who worked in a rural circus in Pakistan and could really jump very high but his approach was not consistent with IAF guidelines and athletic federation could not retrain him, despite their best efforts.

he still needs work on landing. but he is good will be polished in no time,,
Being a raw talent his final landing is OK. But for a precise landing his body needs lot of flexibility which consequently help to cover few extra feet as well.

He will be jumping over Indian tanks next...
He can get medals in Olympic games, good training is the key.
Insh'Allah Asif will win world cap in long jump.
-Approach run,
-Last two strides,
-Takeoff,
-Action in the air,
-Landing.
I have observed that he is good at last three components mentioned above but he needs to improve in approaching run and last two strides.I donot know how much distance is covered by eleven motorcycles.But to be a good competitor at national level he needs 23-24 ft jump at least which is really an Himalayan task.
Being a raw talent his final landing is OK. But for a precise landing his body needs lot of flexibility which consequently help to cover few extra feet as well.

Army runners and jumpers ko pehlay bhi recruit krti ha apni sports teams ka liye. Yeh news kyon ha?

Because he was no sportsman, Just displayed his skills in videos and got famous on social media, and a campaign was launched to utilize his talent. Army answered that campaign by hiring him hence all this hysteria.

Back
Top Bottom