What's new

Pakistan Army Officially Inducted LY-80 MR-SAM System

Its good for PA because now they have better layered air cover over battle field and installations although their is still margin for improvement.

Yes, its export version, hope its LY-80E latest export version.
probably LY 80E as it was exported to bangladesh too and we have more close relations.

This is actually based on earlier BUK system and China produced this variant for export.

Chinese may have learned from Buk system but LY-80 is different please google specs of both systems.

probably LY 80E as it was exported to bangladesh too and we have more close relations.

I think PAF already have LY-80Es.

For those who think LY-80 is copy of Buk systems.

Buk:

IMG_20170312_155147_963.jpg

IMG_20170312_155209_118.jpg

http://www.military-today.com/missiles/buk.htm

It can hit 25 KM high. HQ16b can intercept Brahmos, confirmed! I search it on Chinese forum.

But can you confirm the sale of "B" version to Pakistan?

All I know is HQ16b is clear for export to Pakistan since year 2014. By logic, it should be HQ16b.

If I were PAF chief, I will induct HQ16b. Why not?

Hope you are right. It should be good system because Russia was also pushing Pantsir S-1 & Buk M-2/3 (M-3 can hit high upto 35 km altitude and more mobile then LY-80) to Pakistan don't know what happened to it.

Hope you are right. It should be good system because Russia was also pushing Pantsir S-1 & Buk M-2/3 (M-3 can hit high upto 35 km altitude and more mobile then LY-80) to Pakistan don't know what happened to it.
HQ16b is available to PAF three years ago, it's their choice. As to Russia platform, I don't want to comment.

I think the hit altitude of 25 KM is more than enough.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom