What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Nothing is free in the armed forces, u pay for every thing......every thing is institunalised n done by the book. No one gets more than the other.....bloody civilians get their panties in a knot and hence the out burst.
cut the crap, my dad still serves in GHQ Rawalpindi so i got plenty of stuff to back it since i enjoyed plenty of facilities myself, so instead of getting butthurt maybe try introspecting.

The Civillians get their knots because while you do pay, you pay 1/10th of what a civilian would pay in the same situation.
That is downright theft if nothing else.
How?

Discounts for employees of the state would be fair on Jams and Jellies as it is the same in India. Not on the scale it happens with every aspect of state property.

In India, army get tax free products, almost everything. but they do have upper ceilings.

If an item costs 10rs to manufacture, I have to pay 20 for it and you receive for 2rs. Worse so, is that you first took the item from the public shelf without proper due diligence, then "paid" for it via your employees who would pay 2rs before anyone else does..and then at the end I end up paying those employees 30 for it. Legal, yet theft.

Take this case, for e.g. The allotment of a plot as benefit for 6 months service. How does a commercial plot be justified as a reward for 6 months service for what is essentially sitting in the chair post? A memento might have sufficed if this was across the border.. but not here.
SHC moved against illegal allotment of plots in DHA | Pakistan Today

Lt Gen Sajjad Ghani who, according to him, was allotted plot at Zamzama Commercial Phase V, DHA, after he completed six months of service as DHA’s executive board president. “Ghani was appointed as Corps Commander on November 19, 2013, and his service would expire in October 2014,” the petitioner said.

If an item costs 10rs to manufacture, I have to pay 20 for it and you receive for 2rs. Worse so, is that you first took the item from the public shelf without proper due diligence, then "paid" for it via your employees who would pay 2rs before anyone else does..and then at the end I end up paying those employees 30 for it. Legal, yet theft.

Sorry sir, i dont get anything for Rs 2 for which you have paid Rs 20. Instead, i pay exactly the same for a let's say PTCL connection as you guys do. Heck, as opposed to you, i have to pay the installation charges EVERY time i get posted out to a new place, which i believe were paid by you once in a life time when you first received your connection.

Just to give another example, i receive exactly the SAME Sui Southern/Northern Gas bill printed on the same form as you guys do. Heck, instead i pay more as every time i get posted to a new place i have to pay the GSD anew! GSD, which you have paid for only once.

2 years ago i was at station A, i paid the entire amount of GSD in installments as per the procedure. A year after i was at station B, and was paying the same GSD once again.

Now GSD, as you must know is a step against the consumer in case he defaults, and a civilian who is living at one place has to pay it once in his life time. i instead have to pay it every time i move to a new station.

Just to let you know, i have paid approx Rs 30K additional (over and above the gas bill just as you did normally) in the garb of GSD just during the last 2 years! Did you?

Unfortunately, i would have to keep on paying this GSD in future too, which you would not. Do i mourn about it? Yes. But then i accept it as 'it comes with the job.'

In 2010, i had to pay installation charges for PTCL THRICE in one year. Something which you or your parents must have paid decades ago ONCE when they got their PTCL connection. i say so, coz i know my parents back home have paid it only once when they first installed a PTCL.

Take this case, for e.g. The allotment of a plot as benefit for 6 months service. How does a commercial plot be justified as a reward for 6 months service for what is essentially sitting in the chair post? A memento might have sufficed if this was across the border.. but not here.

Lt Gen Sajjad Ghani who, according to him, was allotted plot at Zamzama Commercial Phase V, DHA, after he completed six months of service as DHA’s executive board president. “Ghani was appointed as Corps Commander on November 19, 2013, and his service would expire in October 2014,” the petitioner said.
My brother who works in Atlas Honda receives a bonus every 3 months, i dont complain.

My wife who once worked in a private company was receiving additional amount whenever there was profit above the target, i didnt complain.

Heck, the UNO was formed a month before the VE Day and the US and others got the permanent seats there and since have been 'preventing' wars around the wold, and i still dont complain!

Now, i know you would say that it is DHAs, yeah it is, but it is a 'private' organization being run on profits earned through the market where not a single penny of taxpayers' money is utilized, heck they want to give a plot after a month of service, why should you or i complain?

Last edited:

In the example you quoted, the case involves an allegation that established rules were violated, which if proved, would potentially constitute an illegal act. Neither this example nor the earlier one about the "Rs. 50 Billion corruption in PAF" (while valid in terms of highlighting potential corruption in the military) are necessarily relevant to the broader point you are trying to make (first part of your post and the earlier post) of what constitutes "excessive employee benefits", and whether military retirees pay less than the amount required to "develop the plot of land".

Are 3 prime real estate plots in major cities per general "excessive"? Why? Can the government pass legislation limiting the amount of benefits provided to retiring military officials by the military? Let's also be clear that the argument of "excessive benefits" is almost entirely at the upper ranks of the military.

Shukar karo it is not one plot per month of service. :D

In the example you quoted, the case involves an allegation that established rules were violated, which if proved, would potentially constitute an illegal act. Neither this example nor the earlier one about the "Rs. 50 Billion corruption in PAF" (while valid in terms of highlighting potential corruption in the military) are necessarily relevant to the broader point you are trying to make (first part of your post and the earlier post) of what constitutes "excessive employee benefits", and whether military retirees pay less than the amount required to "develop the plot of land".

Are 3 prime real estate plots in major cities per general "excessive"? Why? Can the government pass legislation limiting the amount of benefits provided to retiring military officials by the military? Let's also be clear that the argument of "excessive benefits" is almost entirely at the upper ranks of the military.
Unfortunately, @Oscar doesnt seem to see the real problem that we have in our country:

i think i know the reason, they want to catch/highlight the bad guys, which is commendable by utilizing this model (SC registrar made over Rs 7m from investments in Bahria Town: Online report | Pakistan Today), but then instead get sucked into legit MilBus due to prejudice.

Also: وکلاءتحریک کاعوضانہ،ایک کنال

Last edited:
In India, army get tax free products, almost everything. but they do have upper ceilings.

But no free plots of land......never. Unless one gets a gallantry award; in which case the State from which one hails from; may allot a piece of land (usually a banjar land away from any city. :) ) But nothing from the Army or MoD.

Discounts for employees of the state would be fair on Jams and Jellies as it is the same in India. Not on the scale it happens with every aspect of state property.

You know @Oscar; I wish that I was an ex-serviceman in your country than being an ex-serviceman in my own. But for the cruel hand of Fate....:D
I still get some discounts (actually tax subsidies) on Jams and Jellies and the ability to buy a cheaper apartment in Rehab Assoc/Welfare Socy but of poorer standard than in Civvy Street; if I get it in a City/Location of my choice.

But I have cratefuls of "Mementos" which my wife calls "Tin-Plate" which can't even be used as plates!
My Grand-Father got those in real Silver which would look fine on even a Maharaja's Mantel-Piece. My Father got his only in Silver-Plate. While I am not even sure whether all of mine are German Silver!
So I have to only settle for cheaper Jams and Jellies than the average man on the street.

Ah.... but for the ironies of Fate! :lol:

You know @Oscar; I wish that I was an ex-serviceman in your country than being an ex-serviceman in my own. But for the cruel hand of Fate....:D
I still get some discounts (actually tax subsidies) on Jams and Jellies and the ability to buy a cheaper apartment in Rehab Assoc/Welfare Socy but of poorer standard than in Civvy Street; if I get it in a City/Location of my choice.

But I have cratefuls of "Mementos" which my wife calls "Tin-Plate" which can't even be used as plates!
My Grand-Father got those in real Silver which would look fine on even a Maharaja's Mantel-Piece. My Father got his only in Silver-Plate. While I am not even sure whether all of mine are German Silver!
So I have to only settle for cheaper Jams and Jellies than the average man on the street.

Ah.... but for the ironies of Fate! :lol:

ever try getting your silver-ware appraised?....u may be sitting on a gold mine. i just had my fathers WW2 medals appraised....they were worth about $300 (set of 4)

But no free plots of land......never. Unless one gets a gallantry award; in which case the State from which one hails from; may allot a piece of land (usually a banjar land away from any city. :) ) But nothing from the Army or MoD.

Yeah, there isnt a "free" plot on this side of the border either.

In case of Gallantry award, yes. But again as u pointed out, this banjar land has to made zarkhaiz again at own expense, which little are able to do.

Guud to know. Would appreciate details though.

There's nothing tax-free here in Pakistan for either serving or retired personnel. But this is a common practice in western countries too. In US, military personnel can get EVERYTHING tax-free from their PX/BX or Commissaries both when they are serving and even after they retire. That's one of the reason their retirees like to live near a base/cantt even after they retire as then they can still visit the BX and enjoy/purchase items which are tax-free.

Now, i wonder how would it be like if Pakistani military personnel too can get tax-free items?!

Note: B/PX= Base (Airforce) / Post (Army) Exchange - a mega store to the tune of Walmart or Best Buy.

Back
Top Bottom