What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Consider AKKOR too..... ATGMs are widely deployed against regular armies by assymetric forces. We lost couple of tanks to ISIS ATGMs. IMO, importance of obtaining active protection for tanks, far exceeds the importance of having ATGMs.
Off course not to forget that and other systems.

Brother, detail cannot be released , relax you'll see a good beast soon enough
just as a caution next time you inform the board of something new then prepare for waterboarding from our derwaish and muffakir Hazrat Zarvan, in his eyes keeping secrets is ignorance. best to avoid Hazrat like a plague because he will cook you in a cauldron with other members and hopefully the signing is worth the wait.

Be in no doubt

It is extremely deadly , modern and a powerful engine. Info is 100% true. To be revealed well soon but it could be really early or a bit late but a very awesome beast is arriving
As per the reports from the last tests, VT-4 and Oplot-M both had issues and the respective manufacturers promised to remove them and send the prototypes again for testing.
Does it means that the tests have already taken place and we have a winner? or it is a different acquisition from the Al-Haider project?

As per the reports from the last tests, VT-4 and Oplot-M both had issues and the respective manufacturers promised to remove them and send the prototypes again for testing.
Does it means that the tests have already taken place and we have a winner? or it is a different acquisition from the Al-Haider project?
He is giving no indication and my suggestion it's either OPLOT M or if it's some other selection than there is only one other Tank which it could be and that is Altay.

Test , retest will carry on , a new platform has been selected , it will be negotiated for , and after further test upgrades and tweaks could be suggested

Test , retest will carry on , a new platform has been selected , it will be negotiated for , and after further test upgrades and tweaks could be suggested
Okay can you answer in this way that is it one of those two Tanks which we previously tested.

Keep the secrete the way it has been given to you in good faith that I hope, you wouldn't give any further Info if there is any indeed.

Okay can you answer in this way that is it one of those two Tanks which we previously tested.

Bro no offense but don't ask indirectly for the thing which has to be secret. On other hand, what make you think that an untested platform would be selected. What if a new platform is selected for tests, just saying.

In a special ceremony held in the Awan-e-Sadar, the President conferred Nishan e Imtiaz (Military) onto CJCSC and COAS.

15727248_10154830309274919_898717497354636914_n.jpg

15823495_10154830309364919_4694946824238437510_n.jpg

15781817_10154830385154919_6132812424528835338_n.jpg

Hazrat can you NOT respect secrecy? If the info is not to be made public then he should not make it public! Very childish

DG ISPR.

1. COAS called Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, chief execusitve Abdullah Abdullah, and army chief , General Qadam Shah Raheem on telephone, conveyed best wished for 2017 and pledged to work for peace in the region.
2.COAS said that peace in both countries is in greater interest of the region. Afghan leadership invited COAS for a visit to Afghanistan⁠⁠⁠⁠

Old news from 2015 BUT given these are two of Pakistans defence Partners I'm thinking Oplot M with Turkish subsystems as Pakistans next MBT.

http://defence-blog.com/army/turkey-now-in-talks-to-upgrade-ukraines-tanks.html

The website also has articles that Pakistan has considered 3 MBTs. VT4, Oplot M and Type 99. Not sure about that last one but I'm leanining towards either of the former two tailored to Pakistans requirements.

My guess is Oplot M given the $600 million armour deal with Ukraine for upgrading Pakistans MBTs.

Personally I'd hope any future MBT deal looks at a common support fleet with ARVs, AEVs and AVLBs also considered. This is something Pakistan is lacking in at the moment.

A friend just told me that the rumours in Military are of Chinese Tank and as far as I know VT 4 failed the trials. So it should be T-99 A2. AM I right ???? @balixd @Horus

Back
Top Bottom