What's new

Pakistan army has no achievement: Pakistani Defence Minister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing amazing at all about his speech. He is just using parliament to slander the defence force. The PM should kick his rear for making such unsubstantiated allegations. I pity the poor Pakistani soldier who awakes every morning or stands guard every night defending his or her nation. Imagine him or her having to hear this nonsense

It is not amazing speech . This speech is stupid as a rock . Defense Minister demoralizing Armed forces . Can't get any lower than this .
Believe this was an old clip of '06. & he was in opposition at the time!

I actually agree with the defence minister in this that they don't. Yes they have made countless sacrifices but those are not achievements.
Military in Pakistan have always remained above every thing, well its time some introspection is done on their role, they capability and what so far they achieved.

Though the video is old, the points remain relevant to a certain extent.

1. Very passionate and powerful speech. Mr. Asif was targeting the Generals and the Army elite, not the regular soldiers.Was it right? It was within his right, legally. Morally - Not sure. :ashamed:

2. My respect for the Pakistan Assembly has grown. He was not interrupted and allowed to voice his concerns. :tup:

3. Indians won't be able to understand the context properly - India has not been under Military Rule. So such a situation like Zia rule or One Unit era has no parallel in India.

I am not sure if he is correct in the way he said what he said, but the people of Pakistan who have elected him will be the better judge.

@Oscar @Jaanbaz @Aeronaut - Your views please.

Wow! :woot: He seems really pissed with the Pakistan Army!!

WTF happened? :undecided: Or is he plain jealous at the perks the Army officers get? :smokin:

Khawaja is stupid, he should have kept quiet like all other politicians do, he should have known back in 2006 that in the future (for at least 50 Years) Army establishment will use this speech against him like they are doing it now. Pak Army knows all the dirty trick even dirtier than politicians do since they have mastered in the field of politics.

let me play devil's advocate, can someone list one of the achievements

Oh ..Pakistan got a Defense minister?

If I were in Pak Army now ... what effect it would have on my morale now that he is defence minister especially after hearing this speech. ... Is it possible in USA or UK to appoint a defence secretary with a past like that ...??? I can speak of UK ( since i have lived there for a substantial part of my life) ...?? Is there no one else more capable in Nawaz Govt of handling this portfolio or Khawaja was a delibrate choice ??

you are talking about defence minister.....we have no foreign minister.....FM post is hold by PM...Nawaz is a political jester...

Actually, he or the post never in the picture if anything happen. All high profiles meet either PM, ISI chief and COAS. Never heard his name at all. Why is he basing the army since all armed forces reporting to him?

If you had asked a younger Secur this very question , he would have replied " Well we got 84,000 km2 of Kashmir , that counts as one of the achievements " . :D

Actually, Sir, the real achievement is that they got all the 300,000-odd square miles of Pakistan. Other countries have armies ....... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom