What's new

Pakistan considering banning Imran Khan's party - minister

I doubt it.

Khawaja has incessantly maintained that the 'establishment' isn't going to enforce an emergency or declare PTI as a terrorist group.

Why would they?

PTI is done. Finished. The ticket holders are being forced to abandon the party and the big ol' Shireen Mazari - a real lousy former HR minister who did nothing for women rights, BTW - is just the beginning.

Soon, we will conduct general elections. Let PTI win a couple of seats here and there to give Imran Kahn a pacifier, and everything will be all nice and dandy once again!

Okay, everything won't be all 'nice and dandy' but at least the tempers wouldn't be so high! And there's always a chance that Imran Khan will mend ties with the "establishment" and then everyone will go back to being pro-army, heh!
I think things have gone too far now. Khan has repeatedly taken U-turns to the extent he has no friends/allies left because no one trusts him. The Saudis humiliated him by taking away their plane, Turkey's new president is anti-Imran, China was angered by his delay tactics against CPEC, the less said about US and West the better.

Pak Army is in a dominating position and IK can't force their hand. Nawaz forced Musharraf's hand using his Saudi allies to escape into exile, IK has no allies. He does not have the diplomatic skill or craft to be able to function as a head of state. I think Army will disintegrate PTI slowly, suddenly install someone like SMQ or Fawad as the new president of PTI and put IK in house arrest where he ill be forgotten overtime.

Not possible,

satiya gaye ho kia?

Nope! Go read what the army did to PPP and PMLN back in 2018, to make way for Imran Kahn and his PTI:

Pakistan election raises fears of 'creeping coup'​

Published 23 July 2018
A three-pronged approach is in evidence.

First, as some legal experts have observed, the courts have selectively applied the law to clip the wings of the outgoing government, thereby creating an advantage for its rivals.

On Sunday, Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of the Islamabad High Court said that the ISI intelligence service was interfering in the judiciary, and had pressured judges not to release convicted ex-PM Nawaz Sharif ahead of the vote.

Mr Sharif was disqualified from office by the Supreme Court on questionable grounds last year, and has since been sentenced to 10 years in jail by a trial court, in a ruling which one legal expert described as an embarrassment to his community.

According to the Dawn newspaper, Justice Siddiqui told the Rawalpindi Bar Association he was not afraid of speaking out against the powerful ISI, saying: "I am not afraid even if I am assassinated."

Second, authorities have either looked the other way as banned militant groups have joined the election process, or have actively helped them to do so.

And third, the military has been given what many call an obscenely large role in administering the voting process on election day.

Many candidates from Mr Sharif's PML-N have been lured to leave the party and either join the PTI party of rival and former cricketer Imran Khan, or stand as independents.
There is evidence that those who have resisted such demands have faced physical violence, had their businesses attacked or have been disqualified from office.

More recently, Fazlur Rehman Khalil, the founder of the Harkatul Mujahideen (HuM) militant group, ended his long hibernation to announce his support for Imran Khan's PTI party. He is on a US terrorism black list.

Taken together, all of these moves point to a scenario where left-wing or pro-democracy parties are being squeezed by legal or physical threats.

This has left the field open for Imran Khan's PTI party and the religious extremists.
Sounds familiar?!

I think things have gone too far now. Khan has repeatedly taken U-turns to the extent he has no friends/allies left because no one trusts him. The Saudis humiliated him by taking away their plane, Turkey's new president is anti-Imran, China was angered by his delay tactics against CPEC, the less said about US and West the better.

Pak Army is in a dominating position and IK can't force their hand. Nawaz forced Musharraf's hand using his Saudi allies to escape into exile, IK has no allies. He does not have the diplomatic skill or craft to be able to function as a head of state. I think Army will disintegrate PTI slowly, suddenly install someone like SMQ or Fawad as the new president of PTI and put IK in house arrest where he ill be forgotten overtime.
Nawaz Sharif also said some damning things about the army, but of course he didn't cross the line. At least I don't' think so.

I won't be surprised if there are Imran Khan sympathizers high-up in the army hierarchy. After all, Supreme Court declared this dude "Sadiq aur Ameen", heh! Right now, he's enough support to tear this country apart à la Bhutto OG.

In a lot of ways, Imran Khan is like Donald Trump. Eccentric and unhinged, with a massive ego but you can't deny their political leadership and charisma. And I don't think either one of them is done.

Interesting times ahead.

Watch!

Last edited:
lollllllllllll .... why you Indian still obsess with Nawaz Sharif and family or Zardari and family. ........

Always do the opposite to what your enemy suggests. Any newly incarnated Indian on here shows their clear agenda. Nothing to add but plenty to get obsessed. A limping and wounded Pakistan is still enough to keep the cockroaches in check.

Imran Khan will not run or leave the country. He will live and die by his word - something his opponents will never understand.

They can try to ban - but this is the last shake of the dice. People have historically blindly followed the voice of the army as gospel. The recent shenanigans have confirmed - people cant take the shit anymore. Lies will not prevail. IK has sown the deeds - they will now get ready to germinate!

I doubt it.

Khawaja has incessantly maintained that the 'establishment' isn't going to enforce an emergency or declare PTI as a terrorist group.

Why would they?

PTI is done. Finished. The ticket holders are being forced to abandon the party and the big ol' Shireen Mazari - a real lousy former HR minister who did nothing for women rights, BTW - is just the beginning.

Soon, we will conduct general elections. Let PTI win a couple of seats here and there to give Imran Kahn a pacifier, and everything will be all nice and dandy once again!

Okay, everything won't be all 'nice and dandy' but at least the tempers wouldn't be so high! And there's always a chance that Imran Khan will mend ties with the "establishment" and then everyone will go back to being pro-army, heh!
not happening this time...

The whole point revolves around what is the alternate and what are your plans for bringing in stability and economic revival?

Nothing.

This is what is different this time .. remove, kill, ban, maim, jail, exile do whatever to imran khan, but what is the alternate? what is the plan?

Any siyasi arastoo who thinks this is about imran khan, well they will be surprised. He has already played his part, too late now.

Nope! Go read what the army did to PPP and PMLN back in 2018, to make way for Imran Kahn and his PTI:

Sounds familiar?!

Nawaz Sharif also said some damning things about the army, but of course he didn't cross the line. At least I don't' think so.

I won't be surprised if there are Imran Khan sympathizers high-up in the army hierarchy. After all, Supreme Court declared this dude "Sadiq aur Ameen", heh! Right now, he's enough support to tear this country apart à la Bhutto OG.

In a lot of ways, Imran Khan is like Donald Trump. Eccentric and unhinged, with a massive ego but you can't deny their political leadership and charisma. And I don't think either one of them is done.

Interesting times ahead.

Watch!
pmln and ppp had no public support. It never happened in pakistan history before how people reacting.

No one came for nawaz on airport, If people can get rid of nawaz and zardari they would be happy.

Now electibles will be defeated and people now know what is what they.

Indian media/public do not like your Army due to our own history with you. So even if IK may be anti-India, but he is a democratically elected leader who will have a more favorable opinion from the Indian press than anyone supported by Army.
Generally speaking, Indians will only have a favorable opinion of anyone that toes their RSS inspired Pax-Hindutvana. Sadly, napak Army of Pakistan is at the forefront of pushing pax-hindutvana on Pakistanis. IK will not toe that line, hence will always be looked at negatively by Indians and their newly acquired minions and slaves of napak Army...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom