What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

UwWWorY.jpg

2_201305051248454191.jpg

Army personnel carry boxes of ballot papers for the PK-61, 62, 63 and NA-23 constituencies. The boxes were transported by an army helicopter to Kohistan, in Islamabad on Saturday, May 04, 2013.

I must say here,
Today's sad incident of LDA Plaza at Lhr, certain deficiencies were clearly visible when helicopters were not having required rescue equipment. No hoist fitted heli was seen. Big Helos like MI-17 having bigger rotor downwash were used to lift people from edges of building, which itself was dangerous as individuals may loose balance under heavy rotorwash.
The most unprofessional yet successful (fortunately) rescue was made by Punjab govt helo, by lifting person by a simple rope only. God Forbids if man had lost control, then what would be consequences.
Most suitable helo in this episode may be UH-1H, of interior ministry due to its smaller size, but it was also not having any hoist system.
I think, it must be mandatory by CAA for all civil registered helos in Pakistan to have rescue gear available with them, if not fitted permanently, so that they may be called for rescue attempt anytime. Similarly, all civil helos for VIP tasks should be able to be converted to rescue helo, when required.

I must say here,
Today's sad incident of LDA Plaza at Lhr, certain deficiencies were clearly visible when helicopters were not having required rescue equipment. No hoist fitted heli was seen. Big Helos like MI-17 having bigger rotor downwash were used to lift people from edges of building, which itself was dangerous as individuals may loose balance under heavy rotorwash.
The most unprofessional yet successful (fortunately) rescue was made by Punjab govt helo, by lifting person by a simple rope only. God Forbids if man had lost control, then what would be consequences.
Most suitable helo in this episode may be UH-1H, of interior ministry due to its smaller size, but it was also not having any hoist system.
I think, it must be mandatory by CAA for all civil registered helos in Pakistan to have rescue gear available with them, if not fitted permanently, so that they may be called for rescue attempt anytime. Similarly, all civil helos for VIP tasks should be able to be converted to rescue helo, when required.

I fully agree, the UH 1H that came initially seemed to be finding a landing spot on the roof and rescue people or do recce...maybe it was already on a mission and routed here.

Then as you said, the attempt by Punjab govt Mi 17 was pathetic. Having a man dangling from rappelling rope is ridiculous.

Finally when the Army Mi 17 came, I thought they would use the winch and hoist people up as they did during the flood, but sadly they didnt have a winch and used rope ladder. I know for a fact that Bell 412 with winch is available at Rahwali, and for rescuing 20 odd people from a confined space would be best suited for that heli. But then again, PAA crews arent trained for fire rescue, there was a moment when the heli was surrounded by smoke. You have to account for effect of downwash on flame, smoke and many other factors being a fire rescuer. I dont believe the AW 139 crews are trained for fire rescue either.

The more appalling fact was non availability of a ladder to reach the 9th floor (it did seem to come close to it though). But that is for another thread.

What deal hazoor......aren't these types already in service. ??

1506078.jpg

sir jee i was talking abut AS-550 fennec deal not AS-350 .

I GOT IT DEAL IS DONE FOR 10 BAIES IN DEC2012

← Vietnam’s Locally Made Target Drone in Action
Malaysian Foreign Minister To Help MAHB in Maldives Airport Dispute →
No Fennec For The Philippines
Posted on December 3, 2012 by hafizuddinsulaiman

Despite the initial reports that the Philippines will receive up to 10 AS-550 Fennec armed helicopters from France, it seems that the offer has been withdrawn by its manufacturer due to new procurement negotiations with the helicopters’ original customer, the Pakistani Army.
Eurocopter AS-550 armed helicopter destined for the Pakistani Army

Eurocopter AS-550 armed helicopter destined for the Pakistani Army
Pakistani Army's AS-350 Ecurueil

Pakistani Army’s AS-350 Ecurueil

Initially, the Pakistani Army has ordered 10 AS-550 Fennec armed helicopters to supplement its existing AS-350 Ecureuil light transport helicopter. The procurement met with problem hence they were subsequently offered to the open market. Despite the previous report suggest that the Fennec will be procured by the Philippines military, the latter’s long procurement process (here) as well as the Pakistani renewed interest on the armed helicopters means that they will be operated by the Pakistani Army Aviation Corp instead.

The AS-550/555 Fennec helicopter have been in service with various ASEAN Air Force and Navy. The RSAF has been previously operating six trainer and 14 armed versions of the Fennec before they were replaced by the EC-120B Colibri and the AH-64D Apache in their respective roles.

Back
Top Bottom