What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

These copters(Euro) not in Pak Aviation, so y so much photos ?

some of the brother asked for pics , and it was news that Pakistan was going to buy 18 of them. but i think latter AH-1Z was preferred by Pakistan army. for me tiger is very capable attack helicopter. but solid reason for opting king cobra is that Pakistan army is used to it and will be easy to operate it. Also king cobra is double engine and more powerful. Are our present cobras capable to carry helfire ?

d357f25bed6f5952b71ef37fa4874e16.jpg

ah-1s

I request not to post pics on this thread as we may find hundred same pics on other threads.
Its better we we only stick to discussion.

i am still confused weather we are getting king cobra or viper ....... cos there is difference among both. viper is latest version of cobra.

Terror in the Tribal Zone

AFM’s Alan Warnes travels to Pakistan to report on the Army Aviation’s fight against the Taliban and al Qaeda.

detailed report in AirForces Monthly - March 2010 issue !

Terror in the Tribal Zone

AFM’s Alan Warnes travels to Pakistan to report on the Army Aviation’s fight against the Taliban and al Qaeda.

detailed report in AirForces Monthly - March 2010 issue !

9 page detailed article with nice pictures.

posting the last paragraph.

What Next?

with the fighting in the west showing no signs of going away, the PAA is looking to expand its inventory even further. There are around 25 more Mi-17s on order, while another 20 Bell 412s are expected to arrive around mid 2010, to replace the Bell 206s. According to the GOC, they will arrive with properly mounted machine guns.

The GoC acknowledged that what he needs now more than anything else are new attack helicopters. The Cobras are from a bygone era with dated technologies and now they need something more spohisticated.

In 2008 the PAA visited Spain to have a look at the Eurocopter Tigre, and while the US will not export AH-64 Apaches equipped with the capable Hellfire missile, it seems they are on the verge of offering the latest Cobra derivative --the AH-1Z. Defeating the taliban and al-qaeda in the FATA region was never going to be easy, but if the Americans really want Pakistan to oust what is the number one threat to world peace, it has to seriously look at providing the PAA with the right tools to do the right job quickly...

^if anyone wants the complete pdf file - pls PM me your e-mail address and i will do the needful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom