What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps Eyesight Requirements

Ismail Ali

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi there. I was wondering about the eyesight requirements for pakistan army aviation corps. Some people say that there's less Strictness than GDP in paf. People say that you don't need 6/6 to join army Aviation. So I'm hoping I can get a positive reply. Thanks for reading this. Have a nice day!

Hi there. I was wondering about the eyesight requirements for pakistan army aviation corps. Some people say that there's less Strictness than GDP in paf. People say that you don't need 6/6 to join army Aviation. So I'm hoping I can get a positive reply. Thanks for reading this. Have a nice day!
The induction in Army Aviation is done from officers ex Army, i.e. at the time of initial induction/ recruitment, a person goes to Army without knowing that he will be going to aviation or other branches of the Army. The initial induction is thus as per medical standards as applicable to the Army ( distant vision with glasses is said to be 6/9, 6/12 and Near Vision J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses, unconfirmed). I am not clear on any special/ separate medical for officers on switching to Aviation (meaning same standards may apply, unconfirmed).
The induction for GD(P) is right from the initial stage and the medical standards are set as per requirement of DG (P) which is 6/6.
On general principle, pilot in both category may have same vision standards;

The induction in Army Aviation is done from officers ex Army, i.e. at the time of initial induction/ recruitment, a person goes to Army without knowing that he will be going to aviation or other branches of the Army. The initial induction is thus as per medical standards as applicable to the Army ( distant vision with glasses is said to be 6/9, 6/12 and Near Vision J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses, unconfirmed). I am not clear on any special/ separate medical for officers on switching to Aviation (meaning same standards may apply, unconfirmed).
The induction for GD(P) is right from the initial stage and the medical standards are set as per requirement of DG (P) which is 6/6.
On general principle, pilot in both category may have same vision standards;
Ok so your saying that a person won't know he's gonna fly? That's not possible because what if a person doesn't want to fly. Or what if a person signed up for infantry. I've heard army officers say themselves that you "Apply for aviation after two years".

Ok so your saying that a person won't know he's gonna fly? That's not possible because what if a person doesn't want to fly. Or what if a person signed up for infantry. I've heard army officers say themselves that you "Apply for aviation after two years".
As I know the procedure, unless changed now, the choice of aviation is not there at the time of induction in the Army. So from PMA one goes to infantry, artillery, etc. Its after a specified service (you mentioned 2 years) that one can apply for aviation - the selection to aviation for all applicants are not guaranteed at that time as well (50 desirous and 20 required scenarios, being poor performer in initial/ parent arm etc). The induction in aviation is also subject to meeting certain training standards (I am unsure of medical standards) - I know some of my colleagues returning back to units, being not able to successfully complete flying training.
Hope it clarifies. regards

Back
Top Bottom