What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

2. India's legitimacy over Kashmir from where the upper three western river flows. (Though implicitly)

Where IWT shows this part? Just provide us the exact words from IWT that prove above mentioned point. Thanks.

Do you know these are all run on the river dams with no storage or very little storage capacities?

Go learn more about your own projects before BSing on this forum.

You did not read my post properly. Though these are run of the river projects, they have provisions to store water for clearing silt. E.g Baghlihar -I has a capacity of 29,996 acre·ft. Not so much but there are 20 dams proposed on Chenab. You combine the volume and its quite huge. Plus the water is completely blocked when these dams are filled. So if there is intention to Punish Pakistan the capacity will be there to hold the waters in dry season or release the waters to inundate down stream.

Where IWT shows this part? Just provide us the exact words from IWT that prove above mentioned point. Thanks.

I have mentioned implicitly, Can you please answer why this treaty is between Government of Pakistan and Government of India?

You did not read my post properly. Though these are run of the river projects, they have provisions to store water for clearing silt. E.g Baghlihar -I has a capacity of 29,996 acre·ft. Not so much but there are 20 dams proposed on Chenab. You combine the volume and its quite huge. Plus the water is completely blocked when these dams are filled. So if there is intention to Punish Pakistan the capacity will be there to hold the waters in dry season or release the waters to inundate down stream.

MY dear. These are all run in the river projects with temporary storage capacity.

No matter what you do you would have to add the stored water back to the river which would then flow back to Pakistan. Neither you have the storage capacity nor you can build it without invoking uncountable problems for yourself.

Anyways after your failure with your war threats and surgical strike follies, lets see how this new drama unfolds.

Assuming, it is you who is assuming that Kashmir is not part of India and India to not abrogate the treaty? Your logic gentlemen , marvellous.

Don't quote me dear. I don't liable answer people's wild imaginations.

MY dear. These are all run in the river projects with temporary storage capacity.

No matter what you do you would have to add the stored water back to the river which would then flow back to Pakistan. Neither you have the storage capacity nor you can build it without invoking uncountable problems for yourself.

Anyways after your failure with your war threats and surgical strike follies, lets see how this new drama unfolds.

Don't quote me dear. I don't liable answer people's wild imaginations.

Here is another part of the treaty which clearly mentions India not Kashmir
upload_2016-9-27_18-52-46.png

With this treaty Pakistan government has implicitly said that Kashmir is part of India. Otherwise the treaty would have been only for the eastern rivers ot for the western.

Would you get into a agreement if someone doesn't have that capability or resources with himself/herself?

Collection of dams in lean season can affect your rabi crop. The problems are the fund to complete these massive projects .War threats and surgical strikes are not practical but water war is very practical and feasible. Every percentage of water flow reduced will hit heart of the Pakistani economy. Nothing to lose but everything to gain from Indian perspective.

Here is another part of the treaty which clearly mentions India not Kashmir
View attachment 338564

With this treaty Pakistan government has implicitly said that Kashmir is part of India. Otherwise the treaty would have been only for the eastern rivers ot for the western.

Would you get into a agreement if someone doesn't have that capability or resources with himself/herself?

You are assuming things on your own dear. Go fool your compatriots with this trash.

I am not here to answer moronic imaginations of Indians.

says a fool who doesn't even know about IWT :lol:
Whatever. This bilateral treaty has international guarantees. Go read more about it.

YOU are the one claiming that it has "international guarantees, Now PROVE IT.

Tell us what those "guarantees" are. Tell us WHO those guarantors are.

These are simple questions which you should be able to answer easily.

It is brokered by World Bank. It because of this treaty that we didn't had any water wars. Anyways go scrap the deal . Block even a drop of it.

We would get our water with a cost of few missiles and artillery shells. Not much of a hard work for us. :)

We did not have water war ONLY because of Indian good will. But guess what ? that too has evaporated.

I am Challenging you to use your shells and missile to get the water. Pakistan has been complaining about the reduction of Indus water for a few years now. Why has your missiles not rained down on us ? We are waiting for it.

How much more of an invitation do you need ?

Same old bullshit which is far from reality and is just a bunch of delusions inside the mind of a modi fan.
Global warming excuse won't work kid. This is no primary school where you give a lame excuse for your absence.

But it HAS worked for all the time pakistan has complained in the past about the reduction of Indus water. Check your list of complaints first.

The easiest way to cure ignorance is to read up.

indefinitely??? Think again kid. Your superman has a history of backtracking after acting all macho. :lol:

And read my post again. I didn't back out of missiles threat. It is alive and depends on you. You block our water. you get all the missiles up your as$. :lol:

There is NO definite time for RESUMPTION of Water commission, so YES, its an INDEFINITE suspension. :lol:

Is it too much to expect that you understand english ?

...and I have invited you , even Challenged you to use those missiles. Do not disappoint me.

Collection of dams in lean season can affect your rabi crop. The problems are the fund to complete these massive projects .War threats and surgical strikes are not practical but water war is very practical and feasible. Every percentage of water flow reduced will hit heart of the Pakistani economy. Nothing to lose but everything to gain from Indian perspective.

Yes it can affect. True.

War threats are more practical than water wars. From Indian perspective there is a lot to lose. you just being a frustrated Indian don't look at them.

YOU are the one claiming that it has "international guarantees, Now PROVE IT.

Tell us what those "guarantees" are. Tell us WHO those guarantors are.

These are simple questions which you should be able to answer easily.

World Bank brokered it. I would let an expert answer you since actually learn something about IWT. :lol:

If it is a bilatteral treat as per you then you can't revoke with unillaterly.

A: India has no legal competence under the treaty to revoke it per se on its own. Article 12(4) of the treaty entitles the termination of the treaty only if both India and Pakistan agree in writing. In other words, a termination treaty has to be drafted by both states and then ratified by both, to bring the IWT to an end. The treaty has no provision for unilateral “suspension”. It is of an indefinite duration and was never intended to be time-specific or event-specific.

If India runs away from the treat with its tail between its legs.

In case India “revokes” the treaty, it literally means it has shunned it. The dispute resolution mechanism under article IX and Annexes F and G of the IWT will be of no use and assistance to Pakistan.

In such a case as above we would use military option to solve the problem for good. Have no doubts about it.

We did not have water war ONLY because of Indian good will. But guess what ? that too has evaporated.

It is your problem to create this goodwill. Develop the goodwill. You have no other choice. :lol:

I am Challenging you to use your shells and missile to get the water. Pakistan has been complaining about the reduction of Indus water for a few years now. Why has your missiles not rained down on us ? We are waiting for it.

Lol challenging us.:rofl:

Who are you kid?? A pathetic bharati troll who loves sniffing Modi's as$.

We didn't use any military option since we are getting our share from the water. When we won;t get our share then such options would be exercised. Till then you can moan about Uri attack. :)

How much more of an invitation do you need ?

I am inviting you for a surgical strike. When it is happening??

Oh wait no surgical strikes. You are collecting water to drown yourself in it. :D

But it HAS worked for all the time pakistan has complained in the past about the reduction of Indus water. Check your list of complaints first.

You also complaining to a lot of crap. Even today you were complaining to our ambassador about Uri attack.

We are getting our share as of now and that is fine for me. :)

The easiest way to cure ignorance is to read up.

Why not try it yourself.

There is NO definite time for RESUMPTION of Water commission, so YES, its an INDEFINITE suspension. :lol:

This is the best part about Modi government. I gives no time but within a few weeks or months it backtracks to previous position. Same owuld happen here too. ;)

...and I have invited you , even Challenged you to use those missiles. Do not disappoint me.

Lol invitation from a nobody :lol:

Yes it can affect. True.

War threats are more practical than water wars. From Indian perspective there is a lot to lose. you just being a frustrated Indian don't look at them.
Indian rafale deal was planned for 120 air crafts. The revised deal of 36 planes cost 9 billion dollars. In comparison the mighty three gorges dam of 22000 MW cost 22 billion dollars. War costs billions of dollars too, loss of lives , loss to economy and foreign relations. Does war seem to be more practical?

Back
Top Bottom