What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

3. If you are threatening "Global Jihad", Bring it on :lol:

4. This is not 1945 nor is there a 'nehru' sitting in the PMO. There is a "darinder Modi" sitting in that office.

5. For now, its pakistan who is isolated in the global stage and its our current strategy to make it worse for you.
india is not strong enough to face an all out war against whole muslim world. nor have you the economy to fight 2 or 3 years long jihadi war with regular armies involved.

pakistan is not isolated globally nor can it be. oic is with us. nato is our friend. US is still our need base ally. china and communist countries have strong relations with pakistan. russia is our friend again. EU have a strong pakistani presence. how are we isolated?
Russia is holding first ever military exercise with us. china is working on CPEC and assured help to pakistan in case of foreign aggression, iran wants to be a part of cpec and assured pakistan help in balochistan issue. OIC(54 countries) is constantly raising kashmir issue. Pakistan army chief is a part of nato army chiefs conference. german army chief was in pakistan. italy defence minister was in pakistan and gave us support against india in case. Britain is helping pakistan against Altaf and want to further strengthen relations. All this happened after URI attack. and plenty more which i don't know.

Let me make it simple for you.

A Bilateral treaty is like a Marriage between two people. A contract.

So when one of them says, "Talaq , Talaq, Talaq" ..... its over.

Jab Miya biwi Na raazi, tho kya karega Kazi ?
biwi talak nhi de skti shari tor pe. ye talak nhi howi.
miya biwi razi. miya razi nhi ha. hamari tarf jb biwi apni aukat bhool jaye to mar dete han talaq nhi dete.

The treaty would be dead if India withdrew/abrogated. That would end the matter.
if it was that simple modi would already have did it. the treaties where you can get out unilaterally have that option written which is not a case here.

india is not strong enough to face an all out war against whole muslim world. nor have you the economy to fight 2 or 3 years long jihadi war with regular armies involved.

LOL.... as I said. All the best. Bring it on if you can.

pakistan is not isolated globally nor can it be. oic is with us. nato is our friend. US is still our need base ally. china and communist countries have strong relations with pakistan. russia is our friend again. EU have a strong pakistani presence. how are we isolated?
Russia is holding first ever military exercise with us. china is working on CPEC and assured help to pakistan in case of foreign aggression, iran wants to be a part of cpec and assured pakistan help in balochistan issue. OIC(54 countries) is constantly raising kashmir issue. Pakistan army chief is a part of nato army chiefs conference. german army chief was in pakistan. italy defence minister was in pakistan and gave us support against india in case. Britain is helping pakistan against Altaf and want to further strengthen relations. All this happened after URI attack. and plenty more which i don't know.

Excellent. Good for you.

But the Indus water commission is still suspended indefinitely. Now what ?

biwi talak nhi de skti shari tor pe. ye talak nhi howi.
miya biwi razi. miya razi nhi ha.

Thank you for sharing details of the misogynistic religious laws in your country.

But for now, its not yet Talaq, just living in separate homes.

Maybe it IS a talaq, but one of the partner does not know it yet. Its going to be one Heck of a Surprise when they do realise it was a Talaq, only they were too dumb to realise it.

Its going to play out like an soap opera. Hope you like it, I know I am going to enjoy it.

its opinion which will easily turn into action. by the way how are you planning to compensate pakistan after blocking water. you know you would have to give us money after international court rulings on your action.

first IOK is a disputed terrritory and india took the case to UNO not pakistan. secondly you can't break this treaty with guarantor like world bank. mutual respect and trust should be mutual. it was unfortunate that your government with out any prove is increasing hostilities.

pakistan army is a professional army and half the size of your army with 1/5 of time smaller country to protect. we got the nation of illegal weapons and best shooter civilians. only soviet and US understands this logic after they had seen in afghanistan. your army can't leave your hostile border with china but we can leave any border without forces as we had done previously.

You are confusing de jure with de facto. India controls the area. Pakistan or UN or the galactic empire can dispute it. But who has control? India.

India is well aware of what Pakistan is. Thank you.

Because you have no other choice. go nuclear and you will make your own river radio active. We wont even have to do anything. Probably valley will get flooded with radioactive water. That will be a matter of concern for us, as we love valley people so much.

We don't even need to use nukes. Who is talking about nukes. The Kishen Ganga right in the range of artillery like A100 MBRLs. Baglihar is in the range of various cruise and short range ballistic missiles.

We don't need nukes. We can get the job done even without it.

Do you know that first these dams have to be filled which take a long time.
Do you know that there are provisions to store water within the treaty to flush out the silt.
Do you know that the water holding capacity of a series of such dams combined and their impact in dry seasons and floods.
Do you know the impact of filling of Baghlihar I in 2008.

The litigation attempt will not save Pakistan. It did not in Baghlihar and Kishan Ganga. The good news for Pakistan is that now only Chenab is being seriously exploited. The real threat for Pakistan is from Indian economy which will have to fund these massive projects. Only 3000MW is being harnessed. 18000 MW is assessed potential. Big task ahead for India to address the financial and engineering challenge. Pakistan does not matter in any way.

Do you know these are all run on the river dams with no storage or very little storage capacities?

Go learn more about your own projects before BSing on this forum.

We don't even need to use nukes. Who is talking about nukes. The Kishen Ganga right in the range of artillery like A100 MBRLs. Baglihar is in the range of various cruise and short range ballistic missiles.

We don't need nukes. We can get the job done even without it.

So when are you planning to use it ? I hope its sometime soon.

I would hate to go to bed disappointed.

Wrong. IWT is a Bilateral treaty which was ONLY Brokered by the world bank. Do you know who or what a broker is ? A glorified pimp.

The world bank has no power to offer any kind of guarantee, nor can it enforce any guarantee. In fact it has no business providing guarantees to sovereign nations. Its hilarious you should think so.

Learn more about IWT kid. It is a agreement with international guarantees.

You run away from it. We would grab youfrom your as$ and bring you back to follow it.

No thank you.

So you would continue to stick your head up modi's as$? Looks like you love the smell. :lol:

Cool. So we are both happy about the situation :enjoy: ..... so no need for 'world bank" or "court of justice", right ?

not if we get our share. And before you come up with your monkey as$ excuse of global warming, we have all the equipment and data needed to approve or disapprove you. So till we get our share we are fine.

We too have equipment's and calculations to support OUR claims :cheesy:

Sure. Even your equipment won't be able to save your as$ with global warming excuse.

What makes you think YOUR equipment's and calculations are better than our ? Beside how can your equipment measure the effects of "global warming" ? You know its a very complex phenomena.

Already answered above. No need to explain it again.No equipment or data would be able to save your as$ with global warming excuse.

So when are you planning to use it ? I hope its sometime soon.

I would hate to go to bed disappointed.

We would use it when needed. Right now this is a face saving attempt after Modi's failure to do anything after Uri attacks. This is just a new drama after surgical strikes and war threats. :)

if it was that simple modi would already have did it. the treaties where you can get out unilaterally have that option written which is not a case here.

There are several problems with withdrawing from the IWT. However like any treaty, it can be done. Unilateral options etc are secondary if there are no enforcement mechanism which there isn't. I don't think there will be any withdrawal from the IWT any time soon but I'm sure that there will be plenty done within the ambit of the treaty before that is deemed necessary. This discussion & others like it will be used as a method to focus Pakistani minds.

Do you know these are all run on the river dams with no storage or very little storage capacities?

All run of the river dams have to have necessary pondage, otherwise they don't work. You are confusing that with having the power to divert away the water which doesn't happen here.

Wow! How times have changed.
Pakistan before Uri
1. India is responsible for water scarcity in Pakistan.
2. India is not adhering to IWT by building dams
3. blah blah

Pakistan after Uri
1. India is not decreasing the water flow thereby not
2. India has not scrapped IWT by building dams
3. India will only use its water share.

It's interesting how Pakistanis self console themselves and live in their denialand.

Out of topic: this behavior can also be seen at the thread:
https://defence.pk/threads/the-indi...-opinion-all-rafale-posts-here-please.451004/

All run of the river dams have to have necessary pondage, otherwise they don't work. You are confusing that with having the power to divert away the water which doesn't happen here.

But that necessary pondage is too small to have a big impact. Yeah it can disrupt the follow to a little extent but other that you can't store all the water if you want to block water to Pakistan like many fools from your country are dreaming.

Learn more about IWT kid. It is a agreement with international guarantees.
You run away from it. We would grab youfrom your as$ and bring you back to follow it.

You are in Denial. That is understandable as the shock might be too much for you.

But the reality of ANY Bilateral treaty is that it has only TWO parties to it. :P .... that why its called "BI" lateral treaty as opposed to Multilateral treaty.

For e.g WHAT kind of guarantees are you claiming the world bank has given you ? that the world bank will give you 100 Billion $ if India renegades on the treaty ? Do tell, this is bound to be interesting.

not if we get our share. And before you come up with your monkey as$ excuse of global warming, we have all the equipment and data needed to approve or disapprove you. So till we get our share we are fine.
Sure. Even your equipment won't be able to save your as$ with global warming excuse.
Already answered above. No need to explain it again.No equipment or data would be able to save your as$ with global warming excuse.

Of course you will get "your share" AFTER the global warming effect. Your data and equipment will not be acknowledge by India. We might suspect it to be FUDGED.

I can personally assure you that you will get your share AFTER compensating for the global warming effect. I hope you realise that Global warming is a reality, not an excuse. Maybe we need to "address its root cause", don't you agree ?

We would use it when needed. Right now this is a face saving attempt after Modi's failure to do anything after Uri attacks. This is just a new drama after surgical strikes and war threats. :)

Tauba Tauba. No war from us, promise. We will even keep the IWT, only do not ask for IW commission. That is suspended indefinitely.

But I am disappointed to see you back down after promising to rain missiles on us. :(

But that necessary pondage is too small to have a big impact. Yeah it can disrupt the follow to a little extent but other that you can't store all the water if you want to block water to Pakistan like many fools from your country are dreaming.

No permanent blocking of water is possible but there is a risk, say, if India allows the water to be drained out for some "repairs" & starts refilling when you might need the water.....Nothing will be coming your way till the dam is completely filled up again. This can create problems for Pakistan if India chooses to exercise that option, especially in your leaner months. Your ability to store any water left by India is almost non-existent and does leave you in a bit of a pickle.

Point scoring apart, Pakistan leaves a lot of water to just flow into the sea, puts you in a weak position when you argue about India using the water. You are squandering it, after all. Your water management has been so pathetic as to border on criminal neglect.

You are in Denial. That is understandable as the shock might be too much for you.

says a fool who doesn't even know about IWT :lol:

But the reality of ANY Bilateral treaty is that it has only TWO parties to it. :P .... that why its called "BI" lateral treaty as opposed to Multilateral treaty.

Whatever. This bilateral treaty has international guarantees. Go read more about it.

For e.g WHAT kind of guarantees are you claiming the world bank has given you ? that the world bank will give you 100 Billion $ if India renegades on the treaty ? Do tell, this is bound to be interesting.

It is brokered by World Bank. It because of this treaty that we didn't had any water wars. Anyways go scrap the deal . Block even a drop of it.

We would get our water with a cost of few missiles and artillery shells. Not much of a hard work for us. :)

Of course you will get "your share" AFTER the global warming effect. Your data and equipment will not be acknowledge by India. We might suspect it to be FUDGED.

I can personally assure you that you will get your share AFTER compensating for the global warming effect. I hope you realise that Global warming is a reality, not an excuse. Maybe we need to "address its root cause", don't you agree ?

Same old bullshit which is far from reality and is just a bunch of delusions inside the mind of a modi fan.

Global warming excuse won't work kid. This is no primary school where you give a lame excuse for your absence.

Tauba Tauba. No war from us, promise. We will even keep the IWT, only do not ask for IW commission. That is suspended indefinitely.

But I am disappointed to see you back down after promising to rain missiles on us. :(

indefinitely??? Think again kid. Your superman has a history of backtracking after acting all macho. :lol:

And read my post again. I didn't back out of missiles threat. It is alive and depends on you. You block our water. you get all the missiles up your as$. :lol:

No permanent blocking of water is possible but there is a risk,

I think the word permanent says it all. Your run in the river projects can't have little to no storage capacity and can only disrupt the flow and cannot stop it. For disruption we would check how much it would impact us and then decide upon it.

At least tell your other compatriots that there is no permanent blockage capability or possibility for now or for foreseeable future. At least tell those fools some facts instead of arguing with me.

Indus water treaty : -
upload_2016-9-27_18-25-4.png

This is the preamble of Indus water treaty , it is between Government of India and Government of Pakistan. This treaty confirms two things:-
1. India to use 20% of water and
2. India's legitimacy over Kashmir from where the upper three western river flows. (Though implicitly)

If Pakistan agrees with second point no issues, everything works out fine. But if Pakistan doesn't agree but keep on pushing onto Kashmir then it needs to explain it to its people Why it entered into treaty of sharing water with India when water bodies flows through Kashmir?

Behaviour of Pakistan government is hard to fathom, at one side they say India cannot abrogate the treaty and on the other hand they say IOK? The situation cannot be Head you lose tails I win.

Back
Top Bottom