What's new

Pakistan and Egypt look to joint production

the cooperation in the K-8 was between us and China not Pakistan , i would love to see some Egy-Pak projects in cruise and ballistic missiles
That would be Problematic as Israel would try to sabotage or Reciprocate any efforts in this regards. They are cool with Egyptian Regime but adding Pakistan in something let say Defense related would Complicate things in both regions.

the cooperation in the K-8 was between us and China not Pakistan , i would love to see some Egy-Pak projects in cruise and ballistic missiles

K-8 was designed and developed by Chinese Hongdu corp and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. PAC has a 35% stake in K-8, so it doesn't matter youre dealing with us or China, profits are shared.

We can work with Egypt on Tanks, Jets, UAVs, C4ISR, Electronics, Military gear etc. Ballistic missiles will be politically problematic for you.

Inasmuch as this might put BiBi on notice about selling advanced technologies in your neighborhood, this is a smart strategic move. But this ought not to be the side door for enrichment technologies meant for Sudhairis. One more thing, Sisi and his comrades have no use for the words "Muslim Brotherhood" and most Egyptian mil types do not know a Bangladeshi from Pakistani. Do not repeat the Iranian & Libyan errors. Egyptians will have no qualms in fingering you for a better deal from US.

Inasmuch as this might put BiBi on notice about selling advanced technologies in your neighborhood, this is a smart strategic move. But this ought not to be the side door for enrichment technologies meant for Sudhairis. One more thing, Sisi and his comrades have no use for the words "Muslim Brotherhood" and most Egyptian mil types do not know a Bangladeshi from Pakistani. Do not repeat the Iranian & Libyan errors. Egyptians will have no qualms in fingering you for a better deal from US.

Our doors are open to Egypt, if they want to buy from somewhere else, thats their own choice.

They should (anybody could)... and surely the egyptians whose pilots we trained and whose jets we used to hunt down the israelis.. and whom we conduct military ex with...

What makes you say that "most Egyptian mil types do not know a Bangladeshi from Pakistani". They are quite well aware of what is happening in our part of the world as we are quite well aware of what is happening in their part of the world.

joint production of JF17, Burak and Al-Khalid or even a next gen anti-tank missile..there is a lot of potential...it is not right to say that they have nothing to work on

What makes you say that "most Egyptian mil types do not know a Bangladeshi from Pakistani". They are quite well aware of what is happening in our part of the world as we are quite well aware of what is happening in their part of the world.

A few off the cuff conversations over drinks......soft OR otherwise.

Mideast situation is evolving at a dizzying pace, we ALL must try and keep up. For now let us concentrate on this aspect first: How favorably do the current Egyptian commanders view Pakistan versus say... India, or Afghanistan? .....Some of these officers can recall the days when Egypt was friends with USSR and her clients circa 1969-1972. All I am saying is just be careful and keep it 'conventional'. Just sayin'

Last edited:
i would love to see some Egy-Pak projects in cruise and ballistic missiles
Egypt gets a nuke, KSA gets a nuke, Turkey gets a nuke. Everyone gets a Nuke!

oint production of JF17, Burak and Al-Khalid or even a next gen anti-tank missile..there is a lot of potential...it is not right to say that they have nothing to work on
They have bought Rafales from France, and used Mirages from UAE. So JF17 is out of question.

They have M1 Abrams, so Al-Khalid is out of question.
ATGM co production is possible.
Burraq, don't know why they would need Burraq.

Most likely i see them cooperating on small arms manufacture, or maybe an SPG.

Egypt gets a nuke, KSA gets a nuke, Turkey gets a nuke. Everyone gets a Nuke!

They have bought Rafales from France, and used Mirages from UAE. So JF17 is out of question.

They have M1 Abrams, so Al-Khalid is out of question.
ATGM co production is possible.
Burraq, don't know why they would need Burraq.

Most likely i see them cooperating on small arms manufacture, or maybe an SPG.
I am talking about coproduction of JF-17...this is still marketable after Rafael...as it will boost in house production and self reliance in future...if our marketing team is good...believe me it is possible
Same reason....We were also offered M1 by US (remember the day of President Zia Shahadat)
and may be Burraq is a good looking drone, which can kill too ;)

Back
Top Bottom