What's new

Pakistan and Egypt look to joint production

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan and Egypt have outlined an intention to pursue joint defence production programmes as part of efforts to enhance strategic ties between the two countries.

Following meetings between Pakistan's Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif and a visiting delegation from the Egyptian government on 19 March, Islamabad issued a press release stating a commitment to enhance defence relations.

Asif said in this release that the two countries "have ties of common religion and Muslim brotherhood", and that "we must explore areas of co-operation in defence especially in the field of education, training and defence production".

The press release also said that Egypt is "looking to expand co-operation in defence production with Pakistan".

Pakistan and Egypt have outlined an intention to pursue joint defence production programmes as part of efforts to enhance strategic ties between the two countries.

Following meetings between Pakistan's Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif and a visiting delegation from the Egyptian government on 19 March, Islamabad issued a press release stating a commitment to enhance defence relations.

Asif said in this release that the two countries "have ties of common religion and Muslim brotherhood", and that "we must explore areas of co-operation in defence especially in the field of education, training and defence production".

The press release also said that Egypt is "looking to expand co-operation in defence production with Pakistan".

Both of countries have lots of domestic issues. With those domestic issues it is not possible for two countries to do any sort of joint venture. These countries should first fix their houses and then think about any sort of joint ventures.

So far a delegation from Egypt has visited Pakistan to explore avenues of cooperation. Let them deliberate on this topic for some time to come up with some serious matter on which we can cooperate. I am sure they must have something on their mind which they are checking to see if it is practically possible. It is a good thing that they have come to us. I am sure we won't disappoint them. I hope it does not end with the signing of MOUs only.

Poor descriptions in general:

"Asif said in this release that the two countries "have ties of common religion and Muslim brotherhood", and that "we must explore areas of co-operation in defence especially in the field of education, training and defence production".

Every Muslim countries are very different cultures, languages, education level, traditional, and behaviours, they didn't even like their own Arab neighbors and always angry at little things.

My guess is that they want the Burraq UCAV. I remember our deal with Anka being cancelled so it would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom