What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

PAF in Transport department is fairly doing good. Future looks bright with Chinese working on multiple projects we could see apart from more C-130s, Chinese transport platforms. quite a number of options.
C-130/C-235
Y-9/Y-20

Last edited:
I think it would be better if we ordered more C-130s, as we already have their infrastructure in place.

Also, with the arrival of IL78s, we now have Ukrainian experience so i guess PAF should opt either Ukrainian or US.

But we definitely need more transport aircraft.

PAF has in-house capability to service the Allison T-50(?) engines and LM is considering to make PAF a 'hub' for C-130 maintenance for ME/SWasia area. so yes in that sence, more C-130s wld be ideal. the C-130H is ~same as the C-130J (except for the size). and the wing span.

Last edited:
PAF has in-house capability to service the Allison T-50(?) engines and LM is considering to make PAF a 'hub' for C-130 maintenance for ME/SWasia area. so yes in that sence, more C-130s wld be ideal. the C-130H is ~same as the C-130J (except for the size). and the wing span.

Actually, there are two versions, the C-130J normal and the stretch -30 version.
The normal C-130J is pretty much the same size as the H.
The only difference is in speed,range and economy.

Actually, there are two versions, the C-130J normal and the stretch -30 version.
The normal C-130J is pretty much the same size as the H.
The only difference is in speed,range and economy.

stand corrected!:cheers:

and do you think this would be enough or will be all.

sir as far as my personal approach is concerned, PA/PAF must go for Russian transport planes. they can get them from Ukrain or other former USSSR states.
what do youe suggest?

regards!

current fleet:
15 - C-130A/B/C/D/E- all being upgraded to H
1 - L-100 - civilian version of C-130
4 - CN-235
2 - IL-78MRTT

on order:
2 - IL-78MRTT
4/5 - C-130H

Total: 29/30 transports for a country the size of Pakistan is not bad.

not to mention the 3-Boeing 707 and 1-A310 also available in transport config.

Last edited:
current fleet:
1 - F-100(?) - civilian version of C-130
4 - CN-235
2 - IL-78MRTT

on order:
2 - IL-78MRTT
4/5 - C-130H

sir i dont think the the Il-78 will ever be used as transport aircraft.
i mean, PAF have bought them as refuelers, although, refueling wont be a full time Job and will only be carried out during exercises and stuff but still i dont think they will start playing the standard transport role.

this is the reason i siad that PA/PAF must order some 6 other Il-78 in transport config and use them for medium lift capability!

what do you suggest!

regards!

I acutally think PAF needs to stick with C-130 perhaps a order a few more and i think we are good .

i mean, PAF have bought them as refuelers, although, refueling wont be a full time Job and will only be carried out during exercises and stuff but still i dont think they will start playing the standard transport role.

this is the reason i siad that PA/PAF must order some 6 other Il-78 in transport config and use them for medium lift capability!

what do you suggest!

regards!

i think the conversion to transport from tanker and back is not a huge task (2-3 hrs) then i see no reason why they will not be used as tankers. but then i am not in the PAF so i am just stating what can be done to increase transport capacity.

what do you suggest!

regards!

Hi,

They are too big to just be refuellers alone. They are dual purpose aircraft. Taimikhan posted a configuration a while back---check it out---or if TK can repost it--it would clear things up.

Hi,

They are too big to just be refuellers alone. They are dual purpose aircraft. Taimikhan posted a configuration a while back---check it out---or if TK can repost it--it would clear things up.

here you go Sir:

With one of its internal fuel tanks.
il9.jpg

More detailed pictures and specifications:

IL-78MKI-90-1.jpg

IL-78MKI-90-3.jpg

IL-78MKI-90-2.jpg

IL-78MKI-90-5.jpg

IL-78MKI-90-4.jpg

IL-78MKI-90-6.jpg

well Sir FATMAN, MAstan Khan and Taimi...

thak s for the insight, i stand corrected.

this was something not know to me.

thank you all,

regards!

current fleet:
1 - L-100 - civilian version of C-130
4 - CN-235
2 - IL-78MRTT

on order:
2 - IL-78MRTT
4/5 - C-130H

Why not going for C-130J ?? :undecided:

I'd like to see more Indonesian CN235s inducted in a cargo transport role.

Back
Top Bottom