What's new

Pakistan Air Defence -anti-aircraft guns- missiles, Information and Pictures

Some of the pictures are of the Janbaz Force and not regular army. Janbaz force is similar to the territorial army or home guards. Their uniform is grey shalwar kameez, which is visible in the picture. Janbaz force has 37 mm ack acks. and they first to mobilize during a war because they are based close to their area of responsibility. The Army 37 mm ack acks are being upgraded and automated including laser range finders and they can potentially be linked directly to radars. See .24 sec in the Video below. These old guns can still be fairly effective in the modern context as unlike SAMs there are no counter measures. The quads and 37 mm are at the bottom rung of hierarchy of anti aircraft weapons which includes Oerlikon radar guided guns, Manpads and Medium SAMs. SA2s were retired many years ago.

Pakistan has changed anti aircraft gun. - JAAG TV

Last edited:
My point of view is .....it would be cheap to run a Programm in the country to bring all AA Guns fully aoutomated with TV IR sensor and radar guidance because it will reduce man power and in war sistuation for point defences such as Airports, bridges and high value targets many AA Guns Systems can be interconnected and enemies standoff weaponss ......cruise missels.....TV IR guided missels an antiradiation missels can be counterd very effectively.

23mm AA Guns manned by Janbaz Forcers (National Guard):

aritlarryatKara.Refin.jpg

Last edited:
How relevant this kind of manually operated gun today's battle field?

They older guns have been upgraded (the pic he posted are decades old -- mine the last/bottom 2)

AUTOMATIC FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM
Up-gradation of 37mm Anti Aircraft Gun

automatic01.png
The original 37mm twin barrel AD gun has been upgraded in order to meet the present combat threats. The upgraded gun with its new firing system gives a unique combination of modern technology resulting in a very reliable weapon system. Capable to track high speed targets coupled with auto ranging. The gun can be operated in three modes, i.e. joystick, handheld fire control and laser aiming sight.

• Sunlight viewable alpha numeric displays
  • Provision of interfacing with multiple guns (optional)
  • Off Gun tracking of target for stability
  • Computer aided leveling
  • Smart electronics for gun control
  • Power electronics for motors
  • Limit switch for safety arc range
  • Emergency stop
  • Motors for azimuthal & elevation movements
  • Horizontal and vertical shaft encoder
  • Fire safety switch
http://gids.com.pk/automatic-fire-control-system

The 23mms have been phased out by army or are used as HMGs on posts by levies/khasadar forces (tribal cops) or at max FC.

gdf-005 oerlikon 35mm twin
2_edit.PNG
98526806.jpg
98527092.jpg

How relevant this kind of manually operated gun today's battle field?

Take the time to read from page one of this topic !

AUTOMATIC FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM
Up-gradation of 37mm Anti Aircraft Gun
486985764.jpg
459828906.jpg
16474504986_078bac5a47_b.jpg

yaar in k tires hi change krwa du
kse chalain gi ye rough terrain pe :hitwall::hitwall:

It can be used in all terrains ! I have seen many Videos and pictures from Kargil war to exercises in Thar desert, this AA guns are deployed on every front line by the Pakistan Army, the AA guns are a integral part of our air, coastal and land defence !

It can be used in all terrains ! I have seen many Videos and pictures from Kargil war to exercises in Thar desert, this AA guns are deployed on every front line by the Pakistan Army, the AA guns are a integral part of our air, coastal and land defence !
Thanx Sir.
but these are only effective against Helicopters and Drones...They cant hit a jet fighter or Missile ???????

My word. They look like the poor old Iraqi soldiers defending the gates of Baghdad from the american army and airforce back in 2003.

A selam

I dont care how they look, we all know that this are retro pictures from 1998 and 1999 of the Janbaz Forces (National Guards in duty for local air defence), secondly we cant compare Pakistan with Iraq never and never again.

Our forces are doing the best with the available resources which our country gives us, sadly we dont have huge oil resources like IRAQ.

regards

good effort to collect these pics....

A selam thx a lot, I always try my best !

Back
Top Bottom