What's new

Pakistan aims for transformative $30-50b investment boost in agri sector

All the hallmarks of a failed banana republic state ...

Where will water come from to irrigate these desert lands? Turning desert into Greenland will require obscene amount of water. Looks like they will forcefully divert water from existing farmlands. Pakistan already is water scarce country.

From strategic point of view, it's good news for us.

Where will water come from to irrigate these desert lands? Turning desert into Greenland will require obscene amount of water. Looks like they will forcefully divert water from existing farmlands. Pakistan already is water scarce country.

From strategic point of view, it's good news for us.
Pakistan has plenty of water.

It is simply being used extremely inefficiently currently.

Initiatives like these should increase water use efficiency manyfold.

What a stupid decision. Is Pakistani army going to hire farm labourers as soldiers and agricultural scientists as Colonels and Generals ? Everywhere else in the world, armies are getting out of non-core activities to rationalize defense budgets and professionalize the service. Pakistan army is going in the opposite direction.

I am not sure if there is a desert in Punjab. The land acquired is probably suitable for agriculture already.

What a stupid decision. Is Pakistani army going to hire farm labourers as soldiers and agricultural scientists as Colonels and Generals ? Everywhere else in the world, armies are getting out of non-core activities to rationalize defense budgets and professionalize the service. Pakistan army is going in the opposite direction.
Don't start throwing brickbats so early. Pakistan has a pretty low agricultural productivity. If the army is going to invest in the state-of-the-art agricultural technologies like in Israel, it can act as a technology demonstrator and rest of the country can boost productivity. Army is the only functioning institution in Pakistan. If anything good has to come out of Pakistan, it will likely be from the Army.

$30B-$50B FDI in 4-5 years... meanwhile, global FDI inflows in agri sector is ~$5B annually

Screenshot_20231002-114848.jpg

Pakistan is trying to do something unprecedented.
Not that it matters though, no one to question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002-114848.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002-114848.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 17
There are ~148 countries that have signed a MoU on the BRI.

Anglo-Saxon media only liked to talk about the few problems.

MoU is a piece of paper like the one I wipe my ***

try finding out all the countries with projects

Last edited:
آپ اپنے حوصلہ بلند رکھیں ، ملٹری کی پھٹ کر گلے میں آئ ہوئ ہے منیرے مستری کی بدمعاشیوں کی وجہ سے۔
IMG_20231001_203400.jpg

MoU is a piece of paper like the one I wipe my ***

try finding out all the countries with projects
You get caught out lying and you try to move the goalposts immediately.

Indians sure love to lie.

Counts of 139 countries, 148 countries, and 154 countries.

Out of 193 United Nations Member States.

Your entire premise is a lie. Every single word of it.

Back
Top Bottom