What's new

Pakistan agrees to hand over remains of Bengali pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a documentary about Birsrestho Motiur Rahman.

This one narrated by his brother.
"When Pakistani planes were bombing Bangladesh,Motiur Rahman looked at the sky and said,"Do you know,I know all these pilots.Because many were my students,and now they are bombing my country"

The documentary was showed at NTV,for Bangladeshi members.

His body has been returned.He might be traitor to you,but he is our Hero,he is "Bir shresto".

Happy Independence day!

This is definately strange to hear that, Matin ur rehman looked at sky and said that "These people sre bombing my country", what country???? :cry:

why dont u understand the BD came into being once all the war was over, so where does this justification comes that i will retaliate(implies, from looking at sky), and retaliate against who, ur own country:cry:. remeber east+west = pakistan prior to sepration.

let`s say that we did some bombing! but against who? this was the Mukti bani group supported by indians, and that was against them not our own East pakistani brothers, plz try to understand this. it is same that we bomb the tribal areas, and some militiry action in Balochistan, which both are supported by Indians, so that means they will see pakistan and their public as enemy. no my brother, there are deviated people and we will not let ourselve weaken further by partions.

i love BD and will continue to do so, even if you name BD after this solider, he wore our country unifrom and i take pride in it as MM Alam(the true hero) did, ans show will to continue to do so, but calling Matin ur rehman a hero does not sit with me nicely, if u people think so i respect that, obviously two peole can not think onto the same line but that does not mean they can not live together.

long live BD pakisan friendship, lets come to the recovery path, and reunite as seprate countaries if u want to, on my country side we are open.:cheers::victory:

This is definately strange to hear that, Matin ur rehman looked at sky and said that "These people sre bombing my country", what country???? :cry:

why dont u understand the BD came into being once all the war was over, so where does this justification comes that i will retaliate(implies, from looking at sky), and retaliate against who, ur own country:cry:. remeber east+west = pakistan prior to sepration.

let`s say that we did some bombing! but against who? this was the Mukti bani group supported by indians, and that was against them not our own East pakistani brothers, plz try to understand this. it is same that we bomb the tribal areas, and some militiry action in Balochistan, which both are supported by Indians, so that means they will see pakistan and their public as enemy. no my brother, there are deviated people and we will not let ourselve weaken further by partions.

i love BD and will continue to do so, even if you name BD after this solider, he wore our country unifrom and i take pride in it as MM Alam(the true hero) did, ans show will to continue to do so, but calling Matin ur rehman a hero does not sit with me nicely, if u people think so i respect that, obviously two peole can not think onto the same line but that does not mean they can not live together.

long live BD pakisan friendship, lets come to the recovery path, and reunite as seprate countaries if u want to, on my country side we are open.:cheers::victory:

The BD came to reality on 26th of March which was our independence day. After 26th of March and it was fight between pakistan and bangladesh, so what motiur said was right.
You can not love BD unless you admit the autrocity committed by then military. You cant kill my brother and come back and say that lets pretend nothing happend and be friend again. No body will accept it.
There was no Mukti bahini before 25th of March. Nobody even touched any west pakistani before that and our Mukti Bahini did not go to west pakistan throughout the war and bombed any installation in West pakistan. We kept our war within our own territory and W. Pakistanis were considered as intruder after 25th of march.

Listen to all fans of this dead traitor in all due respect stop this rubish about hero's here! that dude was no HERO from anywhere! he was a traitor a back stabber and nothing this happend too many years ago and the damn chapter in the book will close soon when his remains go back to where is from end of the story there is nothing more to say so plzz no more rubish here going back and forth i dont understand why people just dont admit to the truth its a no brainer as we say here in the US meaning a very simple thing to figure out in the head ! furthermore, yes i think he should go back to his home land thats it but he is no damn hero from anywhere i rest my case !

TopGun:
i respect ur emotions, but i guess this is not the right way to make other people believe in what u think my brother. this is bullish, and no one will be drawn into it. rather put some think to pusk others to think, give them scenarios or real time situations where they can realize what is right and wrong. we made the same mistake in the past, lets not do it again, bulling others to think the way we are, let give them freedom of choice and let them come up with the answers which are rational and logical.

if u r right, they will realize it sooner or later. if they are right we then we all will come to consensus.:pakistan: and BD, and i will request MOB to put BD flag plz

The honour yes you give him forever that is for that cuz he is not gona get it in PAK forsure no need for it in PAK wat you do in your house your business! thankyou very much :smokin:

We know it, thats why he was brought back. We not only brought him back but also few others from Indian soil.
By the way I never heard PK army ever demanded any of theirs soldiers to be brought back to their home who were fallen in foreign land. Thats a shame....

We know it, thats why he was brought back. We not only brought him back but also few others from Indian soil.
By the way I never heard PK army ever demanded any of theirs soldiers to be brought back to their home who were fallen in foreign land. Thats a shame....

Or maybe BD did not have the decency to return the remaining of our hero's and Pakistan is sincere in letting the past go and thinking about the future and did not deemed fit to raise old issues which could in turn raise bitter past experiences. It seems BD wants to hold on to that but guess what your Indian masters does not seem to be too happy with your anti Pakistan performance and sooner or latter they would kick your *** and then you would have no one else other then Pakistan or China to come too. Think about that before putting too much faith in someone who's sole purpose was to break Pakistan and not out of their love for you guys.

The BD came to reality on 26th of March which was our independence day. After 26th of March and it was fight between pakistan and bangladesh, so what motiur said was right.
You can not love BD unless you admit the autrocity committed by then military. You cant kill my brother and come back and say that lets pretend nothing happend and be friend again. No body will accept it.
There was no Mukti bahini before 25th of March. Nobody even touched any west pakistani before that and our Mukti Bahini did not go to west pakistan throughout the war and bombed any installation in West pakistan. We kept our war within our own territory and W. Pakistanis were considered as intruder after 25th of march.

BD came into being onto 26th march from 25th march !!!, lets get our facts right, it might have come to reality on 26th, but it did not bloom out of no where, certainly it must have history, people were already thinking to betray ur motherland, admit it. u mean to say suddenly u thought of BD and decided to have seprate country while living in the same country in one day. come on u got to do better then this

as ur pilot look upto the sky and says story, my country, that truly says the idea of BD was certainly floating for a while, for ur understandings, Pakistan did not come into being out of the bloom on the 14th of august 1947. there was atleat the 30 years and more effort behind it, got formal on 23rd march and got implmented on 14th august 1947.

so what u mean to say is illogical and illrational my brother.

i can not love BD, how come u say that, that was my country, my mother lost weight of 7 pounds the day this incident happend, and it brings tear to me that how we got apart and played into India hands. and u think i m lying here, i reiterate here i love BD

i alrady said our military can not kill innocent people, they fought against Mukti bani and Indains not against our own brotehrs, if u say the idea of BD was in one day, this is false initself and it furtehr strentgthens my point of view

we might have done some wrong things in the past, the only way we can go forward is from forgivness, and i ask for it. but remember it was not one sided u also did atrosities, but none of us so sever about it

When you mud sling on Pak army or your fellow countrymen do, be prepared to receive some back as well. Moreover wikipedia is hardly a source, we take seriously. Matiur Rahman was a traitor and he deserved what he got, there is no second opinion about that in the minds of any Pakistani. He maybe a hero for you, i have already stated we don't care and we shouldn't be bothered, that is what i was telling TopGun as well. However do not try to impose your will on us, we are entitled to our opinion. People like him are the main reason why we lost a part of Pakistan so next time keep the heroism to yourself.

I posted wikipedia because I cannot scan the textbooks or any other for this matter, showing the names of our bir shresthos.

Try to read posts better.It will help you.What did I say?He was hero to us not to you.

I am saying this again,why are we fighting over a subject which has been dealt with.Pakistan allowed to take the body and his body was brought back and buried with full military honor.So case closed isn't it?

I think a correction is needed in understanding here brother.BD declared independence on this 26th March,after West Pakistan army cracked down on Dhaka,the "Operation Searchlight" begun.Mujib was taken as prisoner and Maj.Zia ur Rahman declared independence on behalf of Mujib.From that day we were no longer part of Pakistan.That's why we celebrate 26th March as our Independence day.

I would like to show something about Ziaur Rahman,who won Hilal-e-Jurat in 1965 war.

Zia's unit won one of the highest numbers of gallantry awards for heroic performances. Ziaur Rahman himself won the distinguished and prestigious Hilal-e-Jurat medal , and his unit won 7 Sitara-e-Jurat medals and 12 Tamgha-e-Jurat medals for their brave roles in the 1965 War with India.

Now these soldiers were not ordinary traitors,but when West Pakistani troops started the massacre named "Operation Searchlight" on civilians,they could not remain silent.That's all I have to say.Believing it or not depends on you.

Last edited:

Why is that a shame? They fought and died on the land which was theirs (EP). Why should they be removed? Secondly, there is no concept of bringing back bodies for re-burial in Islam. You lay where you have fallen and get your sustenance from the Almighty.

The same goes for our men who have fallen on the heights of Siachen, Kargil and any other places where they have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Why is that a shame? They fought and died on the land which was theirs (EP). Why should they be removed? Secondly, there is no concept of bringing back bodies for re-burial in Islam. You lay where you have fallen.

The same goes for our men who have fallen on the heights of Siachen, Kargil and any other places where they have made the ultimate sacrifice.

You are right sir.Many didn't like the idea of bringing the dead body back here but it was the wish of his family.That's why the govt. took the initiative.

As far as Pakistani dead soldiers are concerned,weren't they taken back during the war?Because I haven't found any graveyard or something like it of Pakistani soldiers.Were the dead bodies taken back?

Now these soldiers were not ordinary traitors,but when West Pakistani troops started the massacre named "Operation Searchlight" on civilians,they could not remain silent.That's all I have to say.Believing it or not depends on you.

Leon,

The West Pakistani troops did not launch an Internal Security operation proactively or in a void. There was considerable violence perpetrated against people of West Pakistani origin and security personnel in the months before the launching of the said operation.

Its no use digging up this mess. Pages upon pages can be written (and have been written) about wrongs committed by both sides and that has not put an end to this historical debate. Let that be a reminder and lets move on.

Leon,

The West Pakistani troops did not launch an Internal Security operation proactively or in a void. There was considerable violence perpetrated against people of West Pakistani origin and security personnel in the months before the launching of the said operation.

Its no use digging up this mess. Pages upon pages can be written (and have been written) about wrongs committed by both sides and that has not put an end to this historical debate. Let that be a reminder and lets move on.

Thank you sir for reminding that.I tried to get out of this thread but was compelled to pull back.It would be better if you close the thread.

You are right sir.Many didn't like the idea of bringing the dead body back here but it was the wish of his family.That's why the govt. took the initiative.

As far as Pakistani dead soldiers are concerned,weren't they taken back during the war?Because I haven't found any graveyard or something like it of Pakistani soldiers.Were the dead bodies taken back?

Its your personal preference if you want the body of your loved one back. However Islam does not spell out any specific need to do so. I do not have a problem with BD pilot's remains being returned. Having said so, I feel no reason to believe that there is any shame in not wanting the bodies back. They fought and died for the land they believed was part of their country. That they lie amidst its soil is something of a pride for us and a reminder of our ties to that land.

I would say a vast majority of the West Pakistanis who lost their lives were buried in EP and their graves marked. What happened to those graves afterward is something that I cannot comment upon as I do not know. However graves were marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom