What's new

Pakistan agrees to hand over remains of Bengali pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasir

Reaction score
Pakistan agrees to hand over remains of Bengali pilot

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has agreed to handover the remains of Flight Lieutenant Moitur Rahman to Bangladesh. Moitur Rahman, a Bengali pilot, was involved in hijacking a fighter plane of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in 1971. Tasneem Aslam, the Foreign Office spokeswoman, said that the government of Bangladesh had asked for Rahman’s remains for burial in Bangladesh. She said that Pakistan and Bangladesh had cordial relations and that the step had been taken to further strengthen these ties. The remains of Moitur Rahman would be soon sent to Bangladesh, she said. Online
Courtesy http://www.DailyTimes.com.pk

Should we do this? or should we not do this?

No, he was a traitor. If we return him they sing songs of this guy. And praise him for killing Rashin Min (nishan-e-ehaider). it will make mockery of Rashin Min. how can we ignore such sacrifice.

A.Rahman said:
No, he was a traitor. If we return him they sing songs of this guy. And praise him for killing Rashin Min (nishan-e-ehaider). it will make mockery of Rashin Min. how can we ignore such sacrifice.

Japan killed thousands of U.S. soldiers and vice versa. Today they coperate.

What happened in 1971 was terrible, to use that terrible episode in history to commit another today by not improving relations between two of the largest muslim nations in the world would be unforgivable. (ignoring Indonesia which is the largest)

sigatoka said:

What happened in 1971 was terrible, to use that terrible episode in history to commit another today by not improving relations between two of the largest muslim nations in the world would be unforgivable. (ignoring Indonesia which is the largest)

Thats a good statement,well said sigatoka..:thumbsup:

Should we do this? or should we not do this?
In my opinion, its yes! because he was a traitor so he has no right to burried in pakistani soil.

sigatoka said:

Thank you for understanding the things. We should better forget what happened back then. He is a traitor to you, I understand. But he is regarded as a Hero in our country. All fallen soldiers in a war (regardless of their nationality) should be respected, coz they have fallen for their motherland.

Long live Pak-BD friendship.

Originally Posted by A.Rahman

Dont u think they would do that anyway if they wished? with or without his remains.

F O L said:
All fallen soldiers in a war should be respected, coz they have fallen for their motherland.

I too support your views bro...infact i would rather extend it...
even if a person is a bloodthirsty serialkiller his remains should be returned to his family..if they wish so...cause they are not the ones who commited the crimes and the person in question is dead already.

this is a golden chance that ALLAH has given us to further the strong brotherly relations between the two muslim countries who shared a common dream back in 1947. we should go for it and send the body . it will truely have an positive impact on the pakistan-bangladesh relations.
thank you
long live islam
pakistan-bangladesh zindabad

Frankly I believe that no mather which nation or background the soldiers or sons of other nations should be returned to their family. Matter of respect. They have served their nation to max and we shoudl respect soldiers. We all are humans but we sometimes tend to supersize our arrogance.

Yes its a good gesture that Pakistan returned his body to Bangladesh. He died for what he believed in. He got his punishment for mutiny, death! Let that be the end of that.

There are at least two famous WW2 cemetery in Bangladesh where I have personally read the names of fallen soldiers ranging from Pathan Muslims to Bengali Muslims to Royal Canadian Air Force Pilot to British Soldiers & officers and troops from Japanese Imperial Army!!! So you see the allied force had buried all their fallen heroes with the enemy soldiers! As far as I know dead body of Matiur Rahman was not even granted a PAF officers' graveyard! That's unprofessional in the first place. I do not see a reason for Pakistan not sending back our Shaheed Matiur Rahman's last remains, specially when they are trying hard to bring Bangladesh in their side against India. And yes Pakistan sent his remains back.

There are at least two famous WW2 cemetery in Bangladesh where I have personally read the names of fallen soldiers ranging from Pathan Muslims to Bengali Muslims to Royal Canadian Air Force Pilot to British Soldiers & officers and troops from Japanese Imperial Army!!! So you see the allied force had buried all their fallen heroes with the enemy soldiers! As far as I know dead body of Matiur Rahman was not even granted a PAF officers' graveyard! That's unprofessional in the first place. I do not see a reason for Pakistan not sending back our Shaheed Matiur Rahman's last remains, specially when they are trying hard to bring Bangladesh in their side against India. And yes Pakistan sent his remains back.

How could you call this triator a shaheed when he killed his fellow muslim colleague.:pakistan:

We should forgive each other now. Muti-ur-Rehman’s body should be handed over to Bangladesh but I would like to ask you a question, isn’t Rashid Minhas a shaheed for you?

We must see the positive side, before saying that Pakistan did not bury Muti-ur-Rehman in PAF graveyard we must see that Pakistan has granted the life time NA membership to Mr. Mahmood ali and we gave full respect to those Bengalis who decided to live in Pakistan.
We want the same gesture of friend ship from the fellow brother country which was our partner in our freedom struggle.

No offense brother just a question.:cheers:

Last edited:
The remains will be sent, end of discussion. Let's put the past way behind us. If BD asked for the remains, there is no point in denying them, though the request raises some questions that will no doubt be analyzed within various circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom