What's new

Pakistan Acquires Chinese Made PG99 (CS/SA1) wheeled Anti-Aircraft Guns

Which modern ground attack a/c comes within that range these days? Anza with almost double the range, 10 times higher hit/kill probability, 50 times more mobility, and may be 60/70 times less probability of detection would be a much better choice for point defence with a battery of 8/10 well dispersed shooters, though at a slightly higher cost per round but lesser cost per kill, and above all they are home-produced.

the era of stealth fighter aircrafts has already begun, I am wondering countries are still inducting guns to gun-down modern days ACs....!

Type+PG99_03.jpg

Thats Type 90 ; PG99 CS/SA-1 is mounted on a 6 x 6 truck
No, you are wrong.

thats PG99.
77846673.jpg

PG99 CS/SA-1 is PG99 mounted on a 6 x 6 truck.

77846761.jpg

What kind of truck is it??
@acetophenol
SX2190

Specifications

Seating: 1+3 (or 1+1 with one bed)
Configuration: 6X6
Weight (laden, road): N/A
Weight (laden, off-road): 18,500kg
Weight (unladen): 11,500kg
Max load (off-road): 7,000kg
Max load (road): 10,000kg
Max towed load: 10,000kg
Length: 7.994m
Width: 2.550m
Height: 2.670m
Wheel base: 3.375m / 1.400m
Track (front/rear): 2.072m / 2.072m
Ground clearance: 385mm
Fuel tank capacity: 400 litres
Max speed: 80km/h
Max gradient: 60%
Turning radius: 9m
Fording: 1.2m
Tyres: 15.5X20, 18 plies nylon

Last edited by a moderator:
After Salala incident PA deployed Anza missiles so i don't think such systems are required there.

AAA can shoot at Anti-radiation missile and Cruise missile to defence your anti-air missile Position.
man-portable surface-to-air missiles cant do it.

After Salala incident PA deployed Anza missiles so i don't think such systems are required there.

AAA can shoot at Anti-radiation missile and Cruise missile to defence your anti-air missile Position.
man-portable surface-to-air missiles cant do it.

CSSA-1-SPAAG-1S.jpg

Pakistan purchased a batch of Type PG99 (CS/SA1) anti-aircraft guns from China’s POLY Group in 2011.

This type of anti-aircraft gun, which is also used by the PLA Army, was upgraded from GDF-02 that China imported from Switzerland in the earlier years.

Mounted on a 6 x 6 truck, the PG99 CS/SA1 is a self-propelled variant of the Type 90 35 mm AA system, previously available only as a towed AA piece. The system is based on a licensed Oerlikon GDF-002, and is credited with a 1175 m/s muzzle velocity, 3200 metre effective range, and 2 x 500 rounds/min rate of fire, with 360° traverse and +92° to -5° elevation.

The CS/SA-1 is suitable for point and coastal air defence. It is usually deployed near military bases, airfields, tunnels, islands, and along the coast to defend Sea Land of Communication (SLOC), ports, bridges and other important assets.

Sources: Kanwa Asian Defence (December 2012)

Air Power Australia ; Jane's Internation Defence Review
Type PG99 (CS/SA1): Chinese upgrade of GDF-002. [17] Mounted on a 6 x 6 truck, the PG99 is a self-propelled variant of the Type 90 35 mm AA system, previously available only as a towed AA piece. [18] The CS/SA1 is suitable for point and coastal air defence. It is usually deployed near military bases, airfields, tunnels, islands, and along the coast to defend Sea Land of Communication (SLOC), ports, bridges and other important assets. [19]

36242_184969_432499.jpg

well hope we get state of the art and dont depend on one model get three or four models dont go for one model huge numbers but in small numbers different models are the need

well, my comment was not against any particular country….its a generic to countries whose enemy is getting equipped with modern day fighters. So if Pak sees India as enemy then it would need to induct guns/machines that can shoot down MKI, Rafale or PakFA in near future ...on the contrary, India need not necessarily be concerned about Pak Air Force's modernization so India might still want to induct vintage stuff that can easily take care of Pak Jets in near future…

by d way, the link in your quote is pretty old .dated.September 22, 2009 ...and I guess having stealth fighter jets in our and our other enemy’s (read china) armoury took pace recently only...

well, my comment was not against any particular country….its a generic to countries whose enemy is getting equipped with modern day fighters. So if Pak sees India as enemy then it would need to induct guns/machines that can shoot down MKI, Rafale or PakFA in near future ...on the contrary, India need not necessarily be concerned about Pak Air Force's modernization so India might still want to induct vintage stuff that can easily take care of Pak Jets in near future…
:omghaha:AAA gun shoot Jets ,Nice indian:rofl:

by d way, the link in your quote is pretty old .dated.September 22, 2009 ...and I guess having stealth fighter jets in our and our other enemy’s (read china) armoury took pace recently only...

I think weapons not pretty old when it only used 3 years,build a AAA gun maybe cost 3 year by indian.

I don't think PG99 is different from CS/SA-1..

SEE ..

Type 90 Twin-35mm Towed Anti-Aircraft Artillery - SinoDefence.com

CS/SA-1 = PG99 + SX2190 truck

This gun is for low flying and low altitude air def, seriously shooting jets. You indians! Aleays eager to run your mouth with out any knowledge of the real thing.

We are making a few anti-aircraft guns models in Pakistan as well.
Radar Guided 35mm double barrel AA gun was what i say being manufactured at HMC. Now this system is a nice addition but i hope we can move ahead with some good point defense and medium to high altitude SAM capability as second defense line!!

We are making a few anti-aircraft guns models in Pakistan as well.
Radar Guided 35mm double barrel AA gun was what i say being manufactured at HMC. Now this system is a nice addition but i hope we can move ahead with some good point defense and medium to high altitude SAM capability as second defense line!!

KS-1A(HQ-12)

hq12.jpg

FM-90(HQ-7D)
201185.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom