What's new

Pak Using New Methods to Create Trouble in Jammu and Kashmir: Army Chief Dalbir Singh

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
dalbir-singh-suhag_650x400_41433539662.jpg

File photo of Army Chief General Dalbir Singh

NEW DELHI: India's forces need to be prepared at all times for short wars, given the frequent ceasefire violations by Pakistan on the border, Army Chief Dalbir Singh said today, expressing concern about "new methods" used to keep Jammu and Kashmir on the boil.

"(Because of) the frequent ceasefire violations and infiltration bids by our western neighbor, the borders remain live and active. New methods continue to be employed to create unrest in J&K. We are acutely aware that the swift, short nature of future wars are likely to offer limited warning time - this calls for maintaining very high levels of operational preparedness at all times," General Singh said at an event in Delhi.

There has been a surge in border firings in recent months. There were 55 violations in August of the 2003 ceasefire agreement between the two countries and there have been over 245 incidents this year.

Last week, three people, including two women, were killed and 22 injured at the international border in RS Pura. There was heavy exchange of fire between the Border Security Force and the Pakistan Rangers.

National Security Level talks between India and Pakistan last week were cancelled at the eleventh hour amid major disagreements over the agenda for talks. India said the ceasefire violations and attacks by Pakistan-based terrorists must be discussed but Pakistan insisted that it would raise Kashmir.
Story First Published: September 01, 2015 12:09 IST

Pak Using New Methods to Create Trouble in Jammu and Kashmir: Army Chief Dalbir Singh

NEW DELHI: India's forces need to be prepared at all times for short wars, given the frequent ceasefire violations by Pakistan on the border, Army Chief Dalbir Singh said today, expressing concern about "new methods" used to keep Jammu and Kashmir on the boil.

War is near. India is preparing for war.

What a stupid fairy tale he is blowing..
Pakistan engaged and totally streched in an internal war which wage a limited war while the war mongerer seven times bigger nation will sit back at peace !
India needs to forget about the concept of a limited war.Pakistan is very unlikely to give it.
Any escalation would give India a good package of tactical nukes from Pakistan.

War is near. India is preparing for war.
CPEC has great benifits for Pakistan because China has a very high interest in Pakistan's stability.
If India escalates,there is no guarantee that China will sit back and watch the show.
It's a diplomatic wow for Pakistan.

Ceasefire violations...
No one knows who does it. For me, its India who violates...
So all this lecture by that army guy is useless for me. Execpt the part where he talks about staying ready for war they might bring soon.

Or he could have simply said "increase my budget", "my money".

Ceasefire violations...
No one knows who does it. For me, its India who violates...
So all this lecture by that army guy is useless for me. Execpt the part where he talks about staying ready for war they might bring soon.
Common sense dictates that Pakistan can't be the aggressor.
Pakistan doesn't have the time and resource to poke Ind while the former has both.

India ne 2.5 million fouj channe bechne k liye banayi hai ab shayed chaye bhi beechte hon.... Pakistan se India jate hain aur koi rookne wala ni hota ???

We are acutely aware that the swift, short nature of future wars are likely to offer limited warning time - this calls for maintaining very high levels of operational preparedness at all times," General Singh said at an event in Delhi.

Did he just say that actually Pakistan is going to attack India? If yes then i highly doubt if this guy is a professional soldier at all.

And yet Pak has always been the aggressor, so much so that our retaliation is pretty much legally agreed upon world over, its Pak that ends up starting the fight and raising the white flag when the going gets tough. As for the wars, all this bull about tactical nukes is hogwash. Your nukes if it comes to that will be used in your own soil since the Indian strike corps will have crumpled through your defenses. Anyways bring it on folks. As for China not sitting quiet, they won't risk a confrontation with India when it comes to it over your nation, all this all weather friendship crap is not going to work. Pak is an expense, India on the other hand is a growing trade partner. Besides when it comes to wars, China has enough potential enemies surrounding it, and most of them are close friends of India, wars in their case will be unneeded, they should be happy trying to bully around in south china sea. Since any further south of the south china is open game.

China will you leave you hanging, just like they always did during all the previous wars. Sure, they'll send you weapons but they won't get into it.

Did he just say that actually Pakistan is going to attack India? If yes then i highly doubt if this guy is a professional soldier at all.

You don't have to worry about his professionalism, he was Gurkha elite infantry, commander of SFF and many other units before he became Chief. As for his statement, we all know who send armed militants under cover fire from Rangers across the LOC, we kill them everyday. Pak has always been the instigator of violence in Kashmir. The only way forward in peace to turn the LOC into a permanant boundary and both nations to chill out.

Common sense dictates that Pakistan can't be the aggressor.
Pakistan doesn't have the time and resource to poke Ind while the former has both.

and also since their proxies are being eliminated at rapid pace, it is really hurting them, so to divert attention, they are doing their hollow attempts to fire up the eastern border.

You don't have to worry about his professionalism, he was Gurkha elite infantry, commander of SFF and many other units before he became Chief.

O No No i am not worried at all. I and as matter of fact most of us are really happy that he is the IA Chief.

CPEC has great benifits for Pakistan because China has a very high interest in Pakistan's stability.
If India escalates,there is no guarantee that China will sit back and watch the show.
It's a diplomatic wow for Pakistan.

We thought the same in 71 that USA will come and save us. China is not going to jump in for us openly and give a dent to its economy.

As for his statement, we all know who send armed militants under cover fire from Rangers across the LOC, we kill them everyday. Pak has always been the instigator of violence in Kashmir. The only way forward in peace to turn the LOC into a permnant boundary and both nations to chill out, since the situation won't change but if P

And yeah plz kill every infiltrator (if any) but plz spare the civilian population. Having said so Are U really saying that we are sending infiltrators across working boundary too? If no then why is IA going for indiscriminate firing and targeting civilian population over there? Who on this Earth hates peace?

Back
Top Bottom