What's new

Pak SC Orders Corruption Probe Against PM Nawaz Sharif

No, the court never mixed larger bench with commission to be formulated.

Oh ok... Maybe, i misunderstood...

Also, since..it is a .suo moto case now...so what abt Sh Rasheed's petition..which was a separate petition...related to perjury? Are all petitions..merged into one, now? Or sh Rasheeds petition can still be heard on its own?

Was Mariyam showed as dependent in nomination papers?

Yes, she was shown dependent. As per reply, now she's not & I am sure the army of lawyers at family disposal have something to defend - will that be acceptable, different debate altogether. Now it will be MS who has to prove why she isn't dependent anymore.

Yes, she was shown dependent. As per reply, now she's not & I am sure the army of lawyers at family disposal have something to defend - will that be acceptable, different debate altogether. Now it will be MS who has to prove why she isn't dependent anymore.
So now only captain safdar is bali ka bakra

Oh ok... Maybe, i misunderstood...

Also, since..it is a .suo moto case now...so what abt Sh Rasheed's petition..which was a separate petition...related to perjury? Are all petitions..merged into one, now? Or sh Rasheeds petition can still be heard on its own?

I was shocked to hear that SR submited his ToRs. His petition is entirely different, it doesn't question corruption but qualification of PM. His petition depends on final ToRs. It's suo moto now, that would also means completely different dynamics.

So now only captain safdar is bali ka bakra
He is indeed! Not bakra but a khota.

But the question remains can they amend his tax return filed in 2011 and reassess the tax? Section 122 of Income Tax Ordinance 2001 doesn't allow that.

I was shocked to hear that SR submited his ToRs. His petition is entirely different, it doesn't question corruption but qualification of PM. His petition depends on final ToRs. It's suo moto now, that would also means completely different dynamics.

So now...it means tht its only one Suo moto case..which is regd panama leaks investigation..and tht Sheikh Rasheed's original petition will not be heard now..which was on disqualification?

That's the biggest change in this case. Now, the Supreme Court has unlimited jurisdiction in this case. It was good to see the SC Judges smack the head of the FIA.

Poor Maryam had claimed few months ago that she doesn't have a property and living with her father. I remember I even proposed Zakat for bechari Maryam on PDF if it was acceptable to her.

Now the SC wants in writing whether Maryam is so poor or if she is not being supported by her Father

Thats funny.... zalalat pe zalalat ho rahi hai Noon league ki :rofl:

Last edited:
But the question remains can they amend his tax return filed in 2011 and reassess the tax? Section 122 of Income Tax Ordinance 2001 doesn't allow that.

It's apex court, it can order anything under article 187. Besides, revelations made by NS in his nomination papers for GE 2013 are more relevant I think.

That's the biggest change in this case. Now, the Supreme Court has unlimited jurisdiction in this case. It was good to see the SC Judges smack the head of the FIA.

Absolutely, suo moto means more power. Moreover, the appointed judge in commission will have the same power as supreme court.

but correct me, if I am wrong.. does it also mean...tht now all petitions have been merged into one...tht is regd panama leaks investigation..and Shaikh Rasheed's petition which was purely related to perjury and disqualification of PM, will not be heard separately? now its one case which relates to only investigation of panama leaks? any legal expert here?

It's apex court, it can order anything under article 187. Besides, revelations made by NS in his nomination papers for GE 2013 are more relevant I think.

I don't know if any other law would prevail over tax laws. Also I don't know if authorities can cross refer the old tax returns to base their arguments and evidence ........ but FBR is handicapped they cannot do anything for all previous years through 2011.

But that still leaves 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 open.

Back
Top Bottom