What's new

Pak-Saudi joint naval exercise from tomorrow

I think Al Riyadh class Frigates will be the KSA flag ships for foreseeable future, they are awesome platforms. these ships are featured in the Golden eye movie as well when the eurocopter is hijacked by the bad guys.

I agree unlikely to see either Al Riyadh or Al Madinah laying out the service any soon. Both of them including Taif Firgates class were upgraded recently. If there are any addition most likely would be the LCS & French FREEM equipped with the Aegis BMD. Already proposed by SA navy.

I agree unlikely to see either Al Riyadh or Al Madinah laying out the service any soon. Both of them including Taif Firgates class were upgraded recently. If there are any addition most likely would be the LCS & French FREEM equipped with the Aegis BMD. Already proposed by SA navy.
When on earth your country will start buying and establishing its submarine force man they need to do it really very fast man

"Really fast " ? Pray tell us....why ?
Sir in case of any war in modern times Frigates are sitting ducks if you don't have Submarines to back them up so Indonesia needs to have 8 Submarines at least because they have large sea routes to protect and defend

When on earth your country will start buying and establishing its submarine force man they need to do it really very fast man

SN are currently engaged in a naval modernization program that will definitely includes subs...I would say that It is likely to see Saudi-Pakistan cooperation in this matter but nothing before 2014.

SN are currently engaged in a naval modernization program that will definitely includes subs...I would say that It is likely to see Saudi-Pakistan cooperation in this matter but nothing before 2014.

the German submarines are class of their own. KSA has a very good international diplomacy and despite the Western rhetoric, it enjoys the required leverage no its not just because of the oil because Iran has it too but has a terrible international relations resume (not meant as jest but as a fact, I respect both countries)

... so, while the ties are good, it is important that KSA uses the time to learn new technology both military and civilain and build its ibase just like Turkey did out of no where. One thing is for sure, there is no compromise on quality when it comes to goodies KSA has in its bags.

Al Riyadh (F3000S Sawari II) Class - Naval Technology

No adversery will dare come close to these beasts unless its willing to loose half of its attacking force before even knowing what hit it.
these Frigates are far from being the sitting ducks. The ships are armed with the DCNS F17 heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo

There has been a negotiation, proposal was placed but no further details. Pakistan and SA are working on something smilier in cooperation with china, no more 2 say never heard of any updates ever since..

Hopefully both will join in with Germans or French very soon.

the German submarines are class of their own. KSA has a very good international diplomacy and despite the Western rhetoric, it enjoys the required leverage no its not just because of the oil because Iran has it too but has a terrible international relations resume (not meant as jest but as a fact, I respect both countries)

... so, while the ties are good, it is important that KSA uses the time to learn new technology both military and civilain and build its ibase just like Turkey did out of no where. One thing is for sure, there is no compromise on quality when it comes to goodies KSA has in its bags.

No adversery will dare come close to these beasts unless its willing to loose half of its attacking force before even knowing what hit it.
these Frigates are far from being the sitting ducks. The ships are armed with the DCNS F17 heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo

BEAUTIFUL SHIPS NO DOUBT BUT YOU CANT BUT HELP WONDER WHY THEY DO NOT HAVE MEDIUM RANGE ANTI AIRCRAFT COVER WITH ASTER 30 INSTEAD OF ASTER 15. Any ideas? otherwise beautifully crafted and great looking beasts.
Araz

I believe and i am sure you will correct me that the subs were not acquired due to fears on the part of Israel? Otherwise to have ships larger than FREMMS but No Subs is not understandable. The Saudis are very cognizant of local tensions and have tactfully steered away from them while cultivating friendships/partnerships all around.
Araz

BEAUTIFUL SHIPS NO DOUBT BUT YOU CANT BUT HELP WONDER WHY THEY DO NOT HAVE MEDIUM RANGE ANTI AIRCRAFT COVER WITH ASTER 30 INSTEAD OF ASTER 15. Any ideas? otherwise beautifully crafted and great looking beasts.
Araz

I believe and i am sure you will correct me that the subs were not acquired due to fears on the part of Israel? Otherwise to have ships larger than FREMMS but No Subs is not understandable. The Saudis are very cognizant of local tensions and have tactfully steered away from them while cultivating friendships/partnerships all around.
Araz

bingo
you nailed it brother
the billion dollar land/ air based weapons purchases were already a big worry for Israel to which Americans said that they will ensure that Israel always enjoys technological advantage to all of its neighbours.

KSA is now in a transition process toward a knowledge based economy and total industrialization on both levels militarily and civilly. In term of military, very noticeable progress on the ground have been done so far in pushing ahead for the stage of being self sufficient and reliant considering the ToT SA already acquired.

Al Riyadh class are heavily weaponized and will equipped to one shot one kill.

I red both links very informative thanks for share. The F21 torpedo is very sophisticated and highly advanced speed, rang and depth providing tactical superiority within offensive role.

Araz

Araz

The jews are lobbying against KSA everywhere that is a well known fact but sadly they fail all the time....:lol:

The Marines, as well as the navy seals and frogmen special forces are involved in this exercise.

Also 3 helicopters will participate, they did not make clear which types but probably 2 Dauphins and 1 Cougar.

Back
Top Bottom