What's new

Pak may never try another Kargil, but it could get worse

While I wholly understand the context in which you speak of Hindus as you do, as do the others who have commented so far, I can see the struggle within you to understand that history is NOT taught in India on parochial lines.

Nowhere, in any text book or historical account, is a Muslim monarch, dynasty or period held out for negative mention because it was Muslim. This has been internalized to the extent that there is now a tendency to move away from the traditional categorization of Hindu, Muslim and British periods of history, in favour of ancient, early mediaeval, late mediaeval and modern periods, thus leaving out the religious epithet altogether.

I agree, I am certainly not as well conversant with how history is amplified in Indian institutions. And if it is being transformed as you say it is, I believe it is a good thing.

I agree, I am certainly not as well conversant with how history is amplified in Indian institutions. And if it is being transformed as you say it is, I believe it is a good thing.

Now you're saying it. But just to bring you up to speed on the subject. Nothing is being "transformed" in the teaching of history in India. What the text-books said in Joe's time is pretty much what is the CBSE books now. Just as you tried, there are some odd-balls in India too; who try to add or subtract off and on to the prescribed texts. But they get (eventually) neutralised.

Now do you still wish to subtantiate your claims about the Indian History text-books.
Or shall we put it down to "historical context/version of history etc"?

While I'm on the Internet, I'm not even Hindu, LOL.
Try harder, you're not good enough.

so your argument against the, well backed, theory of Aryan invasion is "I'm not even Hindu"
Well, can't say I am not surprised given that India came in pretty low on the world IQ rankings.

Some times you guys just make it too easy for me :angel:

ha ha ha .......

Pray tell me if Hindus didn't kill Hindus in Indian history. What was Mahabharata about.

We don't see our history with lens of religion.

When Muslims were ruling India, there were times when Muslims allied with other Muslims attacked Hindu led states, there were times when Muslims allied with Hindus attacked Muslim states and there also were times when Muslims allied with Hindus attacked Hindu rulers of a state.

They both, allied together or against each other killed thousands and thousands in this manner.

We see that as a history only, nothing to be proud of, nothing to be ashamed of.

You look at history as being Hindus only. And link it with thousands of year old Hindu Kingdoms which were Buddhist as well at certain times and Muslim as well at certain times. Buddhist reign was OK, Muslim reign was bad. Why look at history from such a narrow angle instead of looking at history as history. We find it difficult as well.

Is there a civilizational motive in all this. May be yes. Can we change it. May be yes and may be no. Can we make an effort. Yes we can.
The bad kings are considered bad, good are considered good. Hindu kings like Ajatashatru, Pushyamitra Shunga are also in the same bad guys list. Nothing religion about it.

so your argument against the, well backed, theory of Aryan invasion is "I'm not even Hindu"
Well, can't say I am not surprised given that India came in pretty low on the world IQ rankings.

LOL. You can be even funnier than I thought.

This is the best example how a thread can be diverted.... it started with kargil and now where are we????????

And not to make any bones about it, there was massive re-writing by a political grouping that was in power, and massive cleaning up which followed once they lost power. Also, people are deeply suspicious about what is going on in one or two places, where states have started fiddling with facts.

On the whole, the situation is more or less fairly described by the Cap'n and by Gigawatt.

This is the best example how a thread can be diverted.... it started with kargil and now where are we????????

Thread drift.....

Back to History, Aryans and all that jazz. With Guns (AKs in the hands of snots) but no Roses thrown in between. Bless you, Axl Rose.
Talk about Revisionism and ultimately Intellectual Regression. The Human mind is capable of anything. :)

You might wanna check the racial overtones behind that IQ rankings, which virtually states Arab world + South Asia (Pakistan ) has average IQ values close to mental-retardation. But then why will all this click to pathetic self-hating masochistic pervert like yourself. :D .

And not to make any bones about it, there was massive re-writing by a political grouping that was in power, and massive cleaning up which followed once they lost power. Also, people are deeply suspicious about what is going on in one or two places, where states have started fiddling with facts.

On the whole, the situation is more or less fairly described by the Cap'n and by Gigawatt.

Thread drift.....

Too much Wind Shear. Blowin' in the Wind.
(now thats Bob Dylan again, must confess to being one of his admirers).

oh jeeze, not this again.

Yup! reality slap hurts

Please provide articles from objective non Indian souses.

Here you go:

Ancestral Populations Of India And Relationships To Modern Groups Revealed

giving a link to a blog by some Indian will just not cut it.

:lol: The link i provided was Times of India news article quoting Senior CCMB scientist Kumarasamy Thangarajan, who performed a study on Indian genome variations in collaboration with Harvard.

Also do you guys even know what the theory is based on?

Its a question you should ask yourself thoroughly. ;)

our history starts from the arabs .........the people whom u call (dravidian )were arabs ,some of them were muslims and non -muslims ......... ...as a muslim i start my history from adam thats it ....i know his children and their names who were muslims and non-muslims too .................our history donot start from hindustan even hindusim .....ok leave it

LOL Really now you guys switch on religious war, I know you love stone age and like to call orthodox. You will get embraces yourself if start talking on religious topic. So it will be better if you stay on Occupied Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom