What's new

Pak film Waar depicting 'Indian terror' does roaring business

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As a police compound here comes under terror attack, an ‘Indian female agent’ cum social worker in Pakistan is dancing with a mercenary celebrating their success. This is a scene from ‘Waar’, a film doing roaring business here. Said to be the most expensive Pakistani film ever to be made,

the film is rumoured to be partly funded by the military, a charge denied by the film director Bilal Lashari.
The film is about Pakistan’s fight against terror but seems to lay the blame for everything bad happening in the country at India’s doorstep.

The script revolves around a plot by ‘Indian agents’ to carry out the biggest ever blast in Pakistan.Waar opened on Wednesday on 42 screens across Pakistan and set a new record of box-office collections pertaining to Eid openings.

After a first day opening of `11.4 million the big budget flick earned a total of `42.6 million till Friday night, breaking all previous records of Eid collections.

Waar has also broken first day record set by King Khan’s Chennai Express that had earned around nine million rupees on Eid-ul-Fitr. The film bizarrely suggests that even the dreaded Pakistani Taliban is controlled by India.

“The entire patriotic narrative that RAW is backing Khawarij, political traitors and terrorists in Pakistan has been depicted well. #WAAR,” Zahid Hamid, an analyst known for his extreme anti-India statements said on Twitter. :yay::yahoo:

However, many are also have a different view. “Propaganda is one thing, and can be found in any ‘wood’. I just wanted better scripting and continuity. And no accents FFS #Waar,” Zarrar Khuhro, an analyst tweeted.
Pak film Waar depicting 'Indian terror' does roaring business - Hindustan Times
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: @Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @RazPaK @AUz @HRK @PWFI @Areesh @A.Rafay @Imran Khan @nick_indian @doppelganger @GR!FF!N @mafiya @Leader @Jazzbot @Stealth and others

Last edited by a moderator:
waar become another pain in back ahahhahahahaha i am enjoying it . look you brainless people we can fight with propaganda with only propaganda . we were stupids we ignored it in past but i wish no more now please give too much money to film makers they can do it buy new equipment for making film write stories on every major terror attack and make films that is how we can tackle it .

my middle finger to those SOB indian boot lickers whom never open their shitty mouths when indian make 500 propaganda films against pakistan they said nothing to BF of their mom india .

waar become another pain in back ahahhahahahaha i am enjoying it . look you brainless people we can fight with propaganda with only propaganda . we were stupids we ignored it in past but i wish no more now please give too much money to film makers they can do it buy new equipment for making film write stories on every major terror attack and make films that is how we can tackle it .

my middle finger to those SOB indian boot lickers whom never open their shitty mouths when indian make 500 propaganda films against pakistan they said nothing to BF of their mom india .

Sir I am also surprised by Indian reaction I think we should next time make film on Mahmood Ghaznavi Man I would love to see reactions of Indians than

Pakistani film on 'Indian agents' sets new box office record

Islamabad: As a police compound in Islamabad comes under terror attack, an 'Indian female agent'-cum-social worker in Pakistan is dancing with a mercenary celebrating their success. This is a scene from 'Waar', a film doing roaring business in Pakistan.

Said to be the most expensive Pakistani film ever to be made, the film is rumoured to be partly funded by the military, a charge denied by the film director Bilal Lashari.

The film is about Pakistan's fight against terror but seems to lay the blame for everything bad happening in the country at India's doorstep.

The script revolves around a plot by 'Indian agents' to carry out the biggest ever blast in Pakistan.

Waar opened on Wednesday on 42 screens across Pakistan and set a new record of box-office collections pertaining to Eid openings.

After a first day opening of Rs. 11.4 million the big budget flick earned a total of Rs. 42.6 million till Friday night, breaking all previous records of Eid collections.

Waar has also broken first day record set by King Khan's Chennai Express that had earned around nine million rupees on Eid-ul-Fitr.

The film has received mixed response from film critics but has been hailed by many ultra-nationalists here who blame India for kidnapping, terror or assassinations that take place in Pakistan.

Not only that, the film bizarrely suggests that even the dreaded Pakistani Taliban is controlled by India.

"The entire patriotic narrative that RAW is backing Khawarij, political traitors and terrorists in Pakistan has been depicted well. #WAAR," Zahid Hamid, an analyst known for his extreme anti-India statements said on Twitter.

However, many are also have a different view. "Propaganda is one thing, and can be found in any 'wood'.

I just wanted better scripting and continuity. And no accents FFS #Waar," Zarrar Khuhro, an analyst tweeted.

Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, a three Emmy and an Oscar award-winning Pakistani-Canadian documentary filmmaker tweeted, "#waar has cliches but so do Indian movies v go 2 c - whether you like the film or not, watch it for the sake of supporting local talent."

"I just found $2 million to cut from our military budget. #Waar," tweeted PPP leader Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.

Waar is a story about a retired army officer who had taken an early retirement from the forces due to personal reasons.

This lead role is played by one of Pakistan's top actor Shaan.

Pakistani film on 'Indian agents' sets new box office record | NDTV.com

This Ghazanavi did more damage to present Pakistani areas than Indian ones. Make a film and tell to Pakistanis what this invader actually did to your people.

Regarding Waar and depiction of India support, I haven't seen the film, But one thing is sure, Pakistan is getting beaten because of WOT and as always like a cry baby Pakistan points its fingers towards India.

If you have that much overwhelming evidence against India you would have presented it by now in public, it never happened in the entire last decade.

Sir I am also surprised by Indian reaction I think we should next time make film on Mahmood Ghaznavi Man I would love to see reactions of Indians than

We should creates more movies like this.

We have many subjects. We can create movie on Salahuddin Ayubi, Tipu Sultan, Mahmood Ghaznavi and many other Muslim leaders. In this way we can educate our Pakistani people.

As a police compound here comes under terror attack, an ‘Indian female agent’ cum social worker in Pakistan is dancing with a mercenary celebrating their success. This is a scene from ‘Waar’, a film doing roaring business here. Said to be the most expensive Pakistani film ever to be made,

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...rror-does-roaring-business.html#ixzz2iKXJp2IZ

I am curious to see this movie then.

Indians also had to deal with a whole sleuth of nationalist film making as well

Happy to know Pakistan can make good movie but dont forget they are just movies and the same subject won't sell over and over again.would love to watch this and movies on other subjects as well.

I have heard of a few really good pakistani movies from the 70's that were really good (can't remeber their name)

But yes, some their stuff can be better than the tripe that Bollywood serves. Which isn't saying much.

We should creates more movies like this.

We have many subjects. We can create movie on Salahuddin Ayubi, Tipu Sultan, Mahmood Ghaznavi and many other Muslim leaders. In this way we can educate our Pakistani people.

Movie making is also a business and a good mix is the secret to success. It would be great to view those movies from your view point but with a mix of other subjects.

After Bol, which in my opinion is a well-made, quality film from across the border, I look forward to watching Waar.

Au contraire @Zarvan its Indians who should make a movie about Ghazni. Would help you understand your roots better. So much better than any history book currently part of the Pakistani school curriculum.

I have heard of a few really good pakistani movies from the 70's that were really good (can't remeber their name)

But yes, some their stuff can be better than the tripe that Bollywood serves. Which isn't saying much.

As we all know lollywood was the first film industry in sub continent but it comes to Pakistan after 1947.

Pakistan created many good movies which were far better than Indian movies on that time.

I use to watch those movies on Filmazia channel.

But after Gujjar rule over film industry, :pissed:

Good to know that lollywood is again shining.

@Srinivas Its your PM who is crying in whole world and trying to convince powers to take action against Pakistan and according to new reports your Army still considers Pakistan the main threat Mr so wake up

Au contraire @Zarvan its Indians who should make a movie about Ghazni. Would help you understand your roots better. So much better than any history book currently part of the Pakistani school curriculum.

We know our roots and also what happened at Somnath :rofl:

After Bol, which in my opinion is a well-made, quality film from across the border, I look forward to watching Waar.

Then you watched nothing.

There are many films which releases after Bol.

You should watch these films also

Siyaah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Slackistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Torn (2013) - IMDb

Seedlings (2013) - IMDb

Ramchand Pakistani (2008) - IMDb

Insha'Allah (2009) - IMDb

Then you watched nothing.

There are many films which releases after Bol.

You should watch these films also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siyaah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slackistan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1423636/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2256833/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095421/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1455076/

Back
Top Bottom