What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please name the ones with 0.5m2 RCS or lower - 4th gen or even 4++ gen planes else again please dont just POINT OUT WITHOUT ANY BACK UP!

I don't believe in theory of 0.5 m^2, its impossible for 5th gen to have 0.5 m^2 RCS

any ways here you go
RCS

The base radar formula used is (RCS1/RCS2)^0.25. So the F-16C reduced RCS is 1.2 m2, standard fighter is 5 m2. (1.2/5)^0.25 = 0.69. Therefore the F-16C can be detected at 69% of radar range as compared with a standard fighter.
B-52 Bomber 100 m2 bomber range x1

F-4, A-10 25 m2 bomber x 0.71, fighter x 1.5

B-1B Bomber 10 m2 bomber x 0.56, fighter x 1.19

Tornado 8 m2 fighter x 1.12

Generic fighter 5 m2 fighter range x 1

MiG-21 3 m2 fighter x 0.88

F-16C/18C w. reduced RCS 1.2 m2 fighter x 0.7

F-18E, Rafale 0.75 m2 fighter x 0.62

Eurofighter 0.25-0.75 m2 fighter x 0.47-0.62

Exocet, Harpoon missile 0.1 m2 fighter x 0.38

JSF (‘golf ball sized’) 0.005 m2 fighter x 0.18

F-117, B-2, F-22 0.0001 m2 fighter x 0.07

F-117, B-2 F-22 also given as 0.01-0.001 m2, ‘marble sized’ or fighter x 0.12-0.21

F-22 RCS requirement was 1/1000th the F-15. This has probably be exceeded by a large margin. Even if the F-15 RCS is a large 25 m2, the F-22 is 0.025 m2 worst case (fighter x 0.26).

As can be seen ‘stealthy’ aircraft aim to reduce opposition situation awareness by decreasing detection range.

Situation Awareness

click on link & scroll down & read under heading of RCS

Stealth is term used to describe to laymen. What is stealth? Do you think f22 is invisible to radar? Nope. Just the reflected signals so weak that for large distances radars neglect them. Only when very close, some calculable signals reach the radar. This is what LO means.

:what: when i said Raptor is invisible lets leave this side

Last edited:
There are huge debates on other forums on how much of the Engine compressor blades are hidden or showing through the Air-inlets.Would like you to tell us about it :D

dude...do you know about the usage of baffle protection in the air-intakes on this plane from any of the other forums?

Hi
i am a total novice when it when it comes to this ... but i thought id ask anywayz ....in the t-50 in the picture ...there is a height diff bettween the engine intakes and the main fuselage so if that difference is removed by increaseing the height of the fuselage on the lowerside... it will also have a flat belly like the f-22 ...im not good with photoshop so cant do it .... if some1 can pls do it .. i think it would be interesting to see that ...
if this question is foolish pls ignore ... but i would be really gla if any1 can answer this for me ..:cheers:

I am not expert, but I will try. The gape between the fuselage is so hyped because it is a general belief that it will create corners, and this corners reflect radio signals back to radar. I am no expert, so I cant counter that. But the ones siting in sukhoi design office are. There may be three reasons for it not having a flat-belly.
1. The designers found no problem with that, they have managed low reflections with that design.
2. It wasn't aerodynamically, or due to some other reasons possible for them to make it flat belly.
3. Its just a prototype for first flight. Later on, there may be many changes.

Please explain to this girl :)
would like to know
thanks

ohh I though i quoted some one else...
nevermind that...
the idea is to hide the turbine blades as much as possible as they are a big source of microwave reflection thereby giving a large RCS....so baffles are installed in the air-intakes to hide the rotating turbine blades from coming into view of the radar...

ohh I though i quoted some one else...
nevermind that...
the idea is to hide the turbine blades as much as possible as they are a big source of microwave reflection thereby giving a large RCS....so baffles are installed in the air-intakes to hide the rotating turbine blades from coming into view of the radar...

Would be helpful if you could post a pic.

Talking about propaganda this kid decides to take cover in worlds largest propaganda website the wikipeeedia and thinks he has got the facts. Do watch the videos and the British reporter is asking those saber pilots "the IAF has claimed to have shot you guys down before" and the pilots laughed and made fun of indians that they are pathological liars who will do anything just to satisfy their dirty indian ego with false claims.
tell you what... show me a single picture of IAF Mig-21 FL13 after pathok attack. and kid... i am only talking about 65 war not 71 where a 3rd generation fighter faced 2nd generation sabers and F-6s.

:lol: It seems that your English vocabulary is limited to "pathological liars".

And what wikipedia? There was no wikipedia source given. And look who is calling others "pathological liars". :lol:

Give me one neutral source which says that the PAF destroyed all IAF MiGs during Pathankot raids.

And why only talk about Sabers and F-6s? The MiG-21s shot down several F-104s in 1971.

Air Force History

And now don't claim that the MiG-21 was 3rd generation and the F-104 was 2nd generation. Read "Rolling thunder" By Ivan Rendall (ISBN: 9780684857800). He classifies F-104, MiG-21 and Mirage III in the same category. I can give numerous more sources because it seems people here are used to making up stories.

Last edited:
I don't believe in theory of 0.5 m^2, its impossible for 5th gen to have 0.5 m^2 RCS

any ways here you go

Situation Awareness

click on link & scroll down & read under heading of RCS

:what: when i said Raptor is invisible lets leave this side

Alright point taken - now we are talking - so also read the article in the link (get to right after the part you copied and pasted) - I am not sure how valid is that document but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But will need to dig down more to get info on this the F-18 SE or the Typhoon or even the rafale.

Alright point taken - now we are talking - so also read the article in the link (get to right after the part you copied and pasted) - I am not sure how valid is that document but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But will need to dig down more to get info on this the F-18 SE or the Typhoon or even the rafale.

:lol:
I really don't need any one's 'doubt benefit'...

as for Rafale the idea was to make not a true 5th Gen but a discreet fighter with ability to surpass enemy air defenses same is the idea about EF

here is some relevant info with some links

The Rafale EW suite, known as Spectra, is one of the most powerful systems installed on a fighter aircraft and is intimately associated with the unique approach to stealth and survivability designed into the Rafale. Dassault executives describe the Rafale as discreet rather than being stealthy in the sense of a F-22. To avoid detection, it combines avionics, tactics, and reduced radar reflectivity with some techniques that have not been directly revealed and are apparently unique.

The first element of discretion is that Spectra's receiver system and the FSO help detect and track targets without using radar. Spectra incorporates a radio-frequency (RF) detection system, a missile-approach warning sensor, and a laser-warning system and provides full 360-degrees coverage. The RF detection subsystem uses prominent square-section antennas, mounted on the lower corners of the engine inlets and in the rear of the fin-top pod, covering 120 degrees each. The receiver antennas use interferometric techniques to measure a signal's angle of arrival within less than 1 degree and are designed so that they do not have a large radar-cross-section (RCS) contribution.

Rafale, Dassault-Breguet