What's new

PAK-FA : photos and videos

By the way, Akash SAM saved IAF $2 Billion in these 2 years.

Do you know that?

Check the facts before blabbering about failures.

LCA is delayed because its funding was scrapped during a moron(Deve Gauda)'s rule and also IAF had ego issues with DRDO. IAF created big ruckus in LCA programme.

Last edited:
India can do better? thats pretty evident from Tejas lol. Dont wana go there though anyway.

Yes, India can do better.

FCS(flight control software) in Tejas was made by DRDO. It was tested on F-16 and pilots found that F-16 flew better and more reliably using Tejas's FCS than its original(made by americans).

This was during 1990s before nuclear tests. 15 years have passed since then.

Wanna pit LCA(IOC version) Vs. F-16(FOC version)? You will know who is better. :azn:

By the way, Akash SAM saved IAF $2 Billion in these 2 years.

Do you know that?

Check the facts before blabbering about failures.

LCA is delayed because its funding was scrapped during a moron(Deve Gauda)'s rule and also IAF had ego issues with DRDO.

No need to get touchy young lad,
I am only suggesting that India does not possess the technical expertise which the Russians do so they COULDN'T HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB. Russia went so far to develop a space shuttle 'Buran' how can u compare ur self to them

Nevertheless Tejas 'was' a failure as its an old story now. and don't even make me start about the missiles failures I hear on a regular basis about from the Indian media itself. I do not want this debate to go off topic

Im simply replying to a member who was implying India could have done better with this plane. Over which, I'm sure, you are also having a laugh.

Last edited:

FCS(flight control software) in Tejas was made by DRDO. It was tested on F-16 and pilots found that F-16 flew better and more reliably using Tejas's FCS than its original(made by americans).

Wanna pit LCA(IOC version) Vs. F-16(FOC version)? You will know who is better. :azn:

I would have loved to see Tejas being crushed by an f-16, If only the Tejas ever made it to the IAF lol. F-16s beat F-15s in dog fights my friend( search videos on the internet). so in that case u are trying to imply its even better than an F-15. Oh wait, its ever better than an F-22! whatever makes u sleep better at night.

I repeat, do not go off topic.

No need to get touchy young lad,
I am only suggesting that India does not possess the technical expertise which the Russians do so they COULDN'T HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB. Russia went so far to develop a space shuttle 'Buran' how can u compare ur self to them.

There are many things that indian can make better than Russia. thats why a lot of Indian systems onboard SU-30MKI and much of FGFA will be done by India. If Russia was doing better than why we need to put Indian systems on Russian planes?

We have our own shuttle programme, the TD will fly this year...

250px-AvatarTD.JPG

Nevertheless Tejas 'was' a failure as its an old story now. and don't even make me start about the missiles failures I hear on a regular basis about from the Indian media itself. I do not want this debate to go off topic

Im simply replying to a member who was implying India could have done better with this plane. Over which, I'm sure, you are also having a laugh.

Tejas is a grand success for India. Because we developed a 4th++ fighter on our own. Most technologies needed to be developed from scratch because there was no previous knowledge and R&D facalities for developing a modern fighter. IAF already ordered 40 Teajs.

Indians can do better.

But Indian people will start crying if India ever invested $15Billion in domestic heavy aircraft project in a serious way.

They are already crying - LCA is waste, Kaveri is waste. Blah blah.

Russia has 80+ years in aviation. Russia has the infastructure, resources, and engineers to built this aircraft and even then it's no walk in the park. Can India build a fifth generation engine? AESA radar which even the Europeans are struggling with? Targetting system? IRST? TVC? RAM? ect...ect. Building an aircraft esspcially a fully indigenous one is a hudge undertaking, building a stealth aircraft is a whole nother story.

There are many things that indian can make better than Russia. thats why a lot of Indian systems onboard SU-30MKI and much of FGFA will be done by India. If Russia was doing better than why we need to put Indian systems on Russian planes?

I'm sure India can do some things better/make improvment but most people forget or don't know that the MKI still largely consists of Russian avionics. If India were to perchace the F-35 they would probably customize it too, this doesn't exactly translate into being able to built a better aircraft. The moral of the story is, bulding a stealth aircraft, even for Russia, is difficult and complicated.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dude the point being made was, India is also capable in contributing positively in the development program of FGFA in a select few areas. No one is claiming that India has the ability to go indigenous on a fifth generation project.
And there is no doubt about the Russian ability in the aviation industry. I honestly feel, all the hype abt western tech being superior is non sense anyways.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dude the point being made was, India is also capable in contributing positively in the development program of FGFA in a select few areas. No one is claiming that India has the ability to go indigenous on a fifth generation project.
And there is no doubt about the Russian ability in the aviation industry. I honestly feel, all the hype abt western tech being superior is non sense anyways.

Absolutely, India has alot to offer and with India's partnership i feel the PAK-FA is going to an impressive machine.

MAte this is interesting can i have a source ?

Simple, to fool India and get the investment. Whatever India has achieved so far is by the help of Russians.

We have our own shuttle programme, the TD will fly this year...

:rofl:

250px-AvatarTD.JPG

No wiki please.........

Tejas is a grand success for India. Because we developed a 4th++ fighter on our own. Most technologies needed to be developed from scratch because there was no previous knowledge and R&D facalities for developing a modern fighter. IAF already ordered 40 Teajs.

Simple, to fool India and get the investment. Whatever India has achieved so far is by the help of Russians.

No wiki please.........

Perhaps then you could explain why after 31 years of R and D, India still does not have the so called Indigenous engine to power it. 4++ gotta be kidding me. We'll see the day its in ACTIVE service with the IAF until then please let it go.. :hitwall:

developed it from scratch and then scrapped it.. I mean whats the point of putting so much investment in a design for 30 years and not putting it into service when you can easily do it in 5 years.

and please dont reply with 'The indigenous expertise' linerr..

better you could ve imported the engines and the radar ect from Russia and one it in 5-7 years.. however i would still doubt it..

CAN anyone provide me a source to what and how the Indians have contributed to this PAK-FA?

Back
Top Bottom