What's new

Pak engineer makes car that runs on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think subject is about chemical energy ..
1.Energy required to split molecule of h2o
2energy gained from combustion(or fusion) of hydrogen got from process 1
if this topic is anywhere related to thermodynamics then i will say whatever i studied in my 7 years of technical education is a big waste

........... using hammers and pitchforks? :D Please go ahead, I would like to see that happen. :lol:

(No tokamaks allowed, you see. :P )
:rofl:....I didn't mean by using pitchforks and hammers...Spare me if you can...:lol:

if this topic is anywhere related to thermodynamics then i will say whatever i studied in my 7 years of technical education is a big waste

Yes. If this is your level of understanding after 7 years of "edumacation", just burn all your books NOW! :D

No, wait: just give your books to someone else. Please.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:....Did you read my post about Entropy, I have taken the same example but the reverse reaction....Go through Wiki link on Entropy. It is solely related to thermodynamics. You can understand it by name of it "Thermo" and "Dynamics".

It is altogether a different topic when someone declares that work (running an automobile)through water is impossible because thermodynamics says so ..
I will say he is going against energy =mc*c
he may be right in his limited version ..but saying it as impossible is wrong ..

@kraits
i know what is thermodynamics ..do you know the term called electromagnetism ? I think motion can be achieved through that process also .. You people are arguing as if without thermodynamics no one can drive a car.. The subject is not about thermodynamics its about can we produce energy from water or not ?

@kraits
i know what is thermodynamics ..do you know the term called electromagnetism ? I think motion can be achieved through that process also .. You people are arguing as if without thermodynamics no one can drive a car.. The subject is not about thermodynamics its about can we produce energy from water ?

and we say it cant.
unless of course we invent some way to control fusion and limit its effect to within a car.

but then the scamster never claimed that it was fusion.

Which other form of energy do we extract from water?

The electromagnetic potential energy due to the attraction between the oxygen and hydrogen molecules? but that would change the fundamental form of the water molecules and can be discarded

the gravitational potential energy exerted on the water by earth? there simply isnt enough of it in a carload of water and anyways there isnt no apparent leak in the car.

The kinetic energy in the water molecules, present as heat? but that would just freeze the water quickly and is again very very limited. not to mention it violates the argument about increasing entropy.

water can not be oxidized any further to release energy, so we cant burn it.

some might argue that we can extract hydrogen from the water and then burn that to get energy. but the amount of energy required to extract the hydrogen is the same as the energy released on burning it. (ignoring for a moment that efficiencies are not 100%)

so how do we make a water powered car?

@kraits
i know what is thermodynamics ..do you know the term called electromagnetism ? I think motion can be achieved through that process also .. You people are arguing as if without thermodynamics no one can drive a car.. The subject is not about thermodynamics its about can we produce energy from water or not ?

9TJU2.gif

@moorkh
you are saying
heat absorbed during the process of breaking water molecule = heat released when a molecule of hydrogen is burnt
are you sure ?

cr@p ... 21 pages on a hoax news and that too when it did not involve India - Pakistan tango.. Awesome :rofl:

@kraits
Attach it to a wheel, Voila you got a car running on water. You got Kinetic energy from Potential energy. Transfer of energy. Now count in factors like friction, air drag and other forces. So you have actually transferred one form to other.

Energy can neither be created nor can be destroyed. First law of Thermodynamics

Like in Dam, you get electricity by converting potential energy of water to kinetic energy. Energy is "produced" by water, yes (produce won't be correct word to use )

Last edited by a moderator:
@thejewverine
what was that for ?

@krait
no thats not related to potential or kinetic energy
electricity can be produced in many ways ..what i said is there is no need to apply law of thermodynamics in this subject as motion can be achieved through electromagnetism

People should put more attention on how media is playing with emotions of less/uneducated mass then laws of physics.
I bet even anchors in shows knew this is not possible but just to gain TRP they are doing this drama. You will find 100s such a law life frauds across world , but more important is how much attention they get in from their main stream media. In this time where every one is hoping for some good news, media is using it to give false hope to country.
Now after some time same media/people will start that by some conspiracy theory this project never came into reality.
Shame to those scientist to comments affirmatively on this subject. They are also same troll as media.

Can You Really Run Your Car on Water - Water Conversion Car Kits buy this one ask news anchor to first put it in his car.

There are two closed systems here
one which requires energy to produce hydrogen through water
another one which releases energy by burning the hydrogen
thermodynamics comes in second part ..
But the argument that because of law of thermodynamics the process is impossible does not hold water .. It is as good as telling one cannot run the car using hydrogen as fuel because law says so ..
I might have agreed if someone said facts of chemistry does not allow this or its not economical but howcome thermodynamics related to the topic ?

@thejewverine
what was that for ?

@krait
no thats not related to potential or kinetic energy
electricity can be produced in many ways ..what i said is there is no need to apply law of thermodynamics in this subject as motion can be achieved through electromagnetism
Tell me how are you going to apply electromagnetism to achieve the motion through water ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom