What's new

Pak Army Major becomes inspiration for UK army officers to fight terrorism

Dhaka moment, here are Indian achievements which you guys are so proud of

1. Takes advantage of the civil war
2. Indian leadership was planning war with Pakistan by Midsummer of 1971
3. India trains and equips mukti bahini for infiltration and sabotages a good 8 - 9 months before the war even started
4. Bengali soldiers deserted and joined the Mukti Bahini
5. Severely depleted Pakistani forces surrounded by India from all sides except a narrow border with Burma
6. In the midst of a hostile populace.
7. 1000Km away from reinforcements and supplies
8. Anchored supply ships were destoryed by Mutineer Bangali naval commandoes in Aug of 71 they also drowned twenty-six gunboats of the Pak army carrying commodities, arms and ammunitions.
9. Pakistan Army Combat Strength in East Pakistan = 38,717 + uniformed support staff (including engineers, medical core and batman) = 55,000 - 60,000
10. Mukti bahini Strength = 150,000 - 175,000
11. Indian Combat Army Strength on Eastern side = 125,000 - 150,000

References

1. http://www.claws.in/742/role-of-mukti-bahini-in-indias-victory-alok-bansal.html
2. http://www.londoni.co/index.php/history-of-bangladesh?id=161
3. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/indo-pak_1971.htm
4. http://en.banglapedia.org/index.php?title=Operation_Jackpot
5. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...-war-influences-South-Asian-politics-day.html

In short India took advantage of the civil war, and against a force that was heavily outnumbered and totally surrounded by the enemy and had no support or supplies.

The reason why Pak has lost atleast 3 wars and end up with 1 bitter stalemate is exactly because you fail to understand that the lack of preparation is no excuse. To randomly go to war against any enemy be it US or Banana Republic is rather stupid. Every military action needs proper planning, preparation and a force must ensure to take advantage of as many weaknesses as possible of the enemy. Every war extracts a cost on the nation; life, material and currency. During 2002 and 2008, there were severe shortages in ammo, supplies and though it would have been enough to dish out short term punishment on Pak for a couple of weeks, it wouldn't have been enough to have an extended period of sustained hostilities, something that Pak military etsb. never considers.. India will not start wars, it is not in our DNA, it is easier for us to wait for your people to start it while we can gladly finish it.

These days our goal is to have enough reserves to ensure we can fight through a two front sustained war with Pak and your all weather friend who might or might not come to your rescue when all hell breaks loose on Pak.

Every other war had Pakistan mil. etsb raising the white flag and surrendering. You might call it exploitation of a civil war, help from US/Israel etc but it finally comes down planning, timing and adapting to the ground reality.

The recent heightened hostilities and sustained punishment is something Pak can't handle, every time your folk asked for DGMO level meetings and to end the fighting.

Inspiration nand creativity knows no barrier just touche anyone

The reason why Pak has lost atleast 3 wars and end up with 1 bitter stalemate is exactly because you fail to understand that the lack of preparation is no excuse. To randomly go to war against any enemy be it US or Banana Republic is rather stupid. Every military action needs proper planning, preparation and a force must ensure to take advantage of as many weaknesses as possible of the enemy. Every war extracts a cost on the nation; life, material and currency. During 2002 and 2008, there were severe shortages in ammo, supplies and though it would have been enough to dish out short term punishment on Pak for a couple of weeks, it wouldn't have been enough to have an extended period of sustained hostilities, something that Pak military etsb. never considers.. India will not start wars, it is not in our DNA, it is easier for us to wait for your people to start it while we can gladly finish it.

These days our goal is to have enough reserves to ensure we can fight through a two front sustained war with Pak and your all weather friend who might or might not come to your rescue when all hell breaks loose on Pak.

Every other war had Pakistan mil. etsb raising the white flag and surrendering. You might call it exploitation of a civil war, help from US/Israel etc but it finally comes down planning, timing and adapting to the ground reality.

The recent heightened hostilities and sustained punishment is something Pak can't handle, every time your folk asked for DGMO level meetings and to end the fighting.

I am sorry but you didn't seem to understand may post. My post was in reply to one of your country man boasting about India's greatest triumph.

Anyway regarding your reply in which you mention Pakistan lost 3 wars and 1 bitter stalemate. Let me correct you

Pakistan lost 1 war - 1971

Pakistan didn't lose any other wars. The first war 1947/1948 Pakistan gained half of Kashmir and India gained the other half. So i think we can consider that as a stalemate

The 1965 war was also a stalemate, no country gained anything or loose anything. Pakistan didn't achieve its objectives to take all of Kashmir and India didn't achieve its objective of capturing Lahore.

The Kargil War, well if you think about it Pakistan captured posts and India re-took them back, so in a way Pakistan did lose this war, except that Pakistan still holds the highest post ( point 5353 ) in Kargil which India was unable to retake. So how can a country lose a war and still be able to gain more ground than the enemy.

As per your last statement where India will never start war, Please go through my post again and your can verify with the links provided. India started the 1971 war, The military was ordered in April of 1971 to attack East Pakistan.

I am sorry but you didn't seem to understand may post. My post was in reply to one of your country man boasting about India's greatest triumph.

Anyway regarding your reply in which you mention Pakistan lost 3 wars and 1 bitter stalemate. Let me correct you

Pakistan lost 1 war - 1971

Pakistan didn't lose any other wars. The first war 1947/1948 Pakistan gained half of Kashmir and India gained the other half. So i think we can consider that as a stalemate

The 1965 war was also a stalemate, no country gained anything or loose anything. Pakistan didn't achieve its objectives to take all of Kashmir and India didn't achieve its objective of capturing Lahore.

The Kargil War, well if you think about it Pakistan captured posts and India re-took them back, so in a way Pakistan did lose this war, except that Pakistan still holds the highest post ( point 5353 ) in Kargil which India was unable to retake. So how can a country lose a war and still be able to gain more ground than the enemy.

As per your last statement where India will never start war, Please go through my post again and your can verify with the links provided. India started the 1971 war, The military was ordered in April of 1971 to attack East Pakistan.

in 1948, Pak gained a bit over a third of Kashmir but India defended against the rest from falling, all neutral assessments claims an Indian victory. More Pakistani soldiers lost their lives as well.

1965 was stalemate, Pak lost 1971 and lost 1999 Kargil though you still control one point, in the mean time your PM went running for support from Billy only to be forced to shamefully surrender, Pak also lost Siachen. Lahore was meant to divert your forces and though the defenses in Chawinda were commendable, if the goal was truly to capture Lahore more time would have been needed and a ceasefire was impending.

As for 1971, well India only responded to what was essentially genocide committed by the Pakistani Army on the people of Bangladesh. The real trigger was the Pakistani preemptive air strikes i.e Op Chengiz Khan on 11 air stations.

Yup our soldiers are an inspiration for other armies of the world as no other country has been this much successful in fighting terrorism especially with little or no resources . Terrorism activities are rapidly increasing in even the most safest countries while the situation in Pakistan seems to be the opposite which show our sacrifices are not going in vain . It is the Western countries which should do more not us . :agree:

Mj. Ukba beware of these Britishers (Agents of British Agencies), they will learn your tricks but wont tell you theirs. they are always hostile to PAK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom