What's new

Pak Army Major becomes inspiration for UK army officers to fight terrorism

There have been a lot of his videos in circulation for quite a time now, since the time he graduated from Sandhurst with sword ... undoubtedly he is the face of Pakistan there and em glad that he is making our country proud!
P.S He was the guy in the national song Ae watan piyarey watan ...by Askari Bank

Pak Army Major becomes inspiration for UK army officers to fight terrorism
l_171296_080908_updates.jpg

Pakistan has long been battling foreign and local militants who have killed thousands of people including security officials in a bloody campaign across the country.

The country’s armed forces dealt a final blow to militants under the watch of General Raheel when security forces backed by the Pakistan Air Forces launched an operation in North Waziristan in 2015 to wipe out menace of terrorism, eliminating thousands of militants including senior figures of banned organizations.

Not only did the Pakistan’s armed forces save the country from the typhoon gathering along the western marches, they also took care of the rogue elements in political parties that used strong arm tactics in the urban centers to maintain their hegemony.

During the course of war against terrorism, the Pakistan’s powerful army made sure its officers and jawans were well trained to face the butchers holed up in country’s tribal belt near Afghan border.

As part of their training, Pakistan army officials receive their training in and outside the country to hone their skills.

Among them was Ukbah Malik who was trained at Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst alongside Prince William in 2007.

Major Malik is back at Royal Military Academy as an instructor nearly a decade after he graduated from the institute.

Ukbah.jpg

The officers returned to the academy after spending years in battle field of Waziristan to train British cadets to fight against terrorists.

“When I graduated from Sandhurst in 2007 I reported back to my battalion, the First SIndh Regiment in Waziristan. When you are in the thick of the bullets and when you see your life in danger and your troops life in danger then real leadership skill needs to come out and that’s what I think I bring back,” said he while talking to a foreign TV channel.

”The leadership skills we need to impart to the cadets, so that when they are ready, they have to go, they are ready for it”.

The officer is sharing his experience of fighting terrorism in some of Pakistan’s tribal territories.

“The background to it is because of the successful counter insurgency that Pakistan has done, not only in Waziristan but also in other areas. Pakistan’s role, as the world knows and acknowledges now, has been instrumental in countering insurgency in that region.

When asked about the importance of patterning with Pakistan, British Army’s Colonel Harty said, “Pakistan has faced real challenges and these challenges we have also grappled with throughout the years”.

“We feel that there is great learning to be had patterning with Pakistan both at the strategic level but also the more human lower level and bringing Major Ukbah into our team is in order to achieve that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have known Uqbah since my early school days. One thing i noticed in him during all this time was that he was hyper active in sports/games, played all day long, broke his bones a couple of times one time right in front of the whole school. He did really well at MCJ too and secured their best cadet award. If there wont be any political interference there's no stopping him :cheers:.

It would be an honour to shake the hands of the good major, Sir we are all proud of you and salute your undoubted prowess.

Back
Top Bottom