What's new

Pak Army gains excellence in IT

I am familiar with initial batch of officers who are converting to this arm from infantry, artillery etc.

I guess this will be done with dedicated batches of cadets as well, makes sense but i had not heard of it before.

I guess congratulations are in order to you for qualifying...now the harder part begins!
Is it technical graduation first and then a short PMA tenure like EME or Signals Officers?

Thanx bro :)

Perhaps they are doing this to 'jump start' the thing, it would've taken a while for some technical cadets to adapt!!

NO, first PMA then they might put us through a course to get adapted with the technology. Infact the 2nd batch of ICTOs consists of female officers, their preliminary tests have just ended and ISSB calls will be off soon as well.

Thanx bro :)

Perhaps they are doing this to 'jump start' the thing, it would've taken a while for some technical cadets to adapt!!

NO, first PMA then they might put us through a course to get adapted with the technology. Infact the 2nd batch of ICTOs consists of female officers, their preliminary tests have just ended and ISSB calls will be off soon as well.
Hi
oh man Lucky you! you just saved your self from cold baths if u had joined PMA in winters( even courses) then you would have been given cold baths in trunks on the roof of your company's building in winters of abbotabad :sick:. and its much easier to pass a mile in summers.:agree:

Hi
oh man Lucky you! you just saved your self from cold baths if u had joined PMA in winters( even courses) then you would have been given cold baths in trunks on the roof of your company's building in winters of abbotabad :sick:. and its much easier to pass a mile in summers.:agree:

lolzz u bet bro ;) the last thing i wanted to go through was a cold bath!!! My friend was in the long course n they were made to stand in trenches for the whole new year night, while it rained :devil:

but then again there is something on the back of your mind that what if you get a mail n they say we dont need you guys anymore, the first batch is enough :hitwall: but still wishing for the best :pakistan:

Good to know that Pak Army is implementing E-Governance system. Its the era of Information Technology and now its a time that army should say good bye to the conventional/manual file based systems. Rather every area/unit of the army should be interconnected using information systems for improved efficiency and ensuring trasperancey

Originally Posted by H2O3C4Nitrogen
Theres already a cyberwarefare branch at the GHQ or may be in the sugnals setup. It prime task is to moniter the traffic specifically from India.
:wave: The core IP backbone of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL) is FLAG Telecom (stands for Fiber-optic Loop Around the Globe) was acquired by Indias RCom for $211 Million in 2003 and managed by its subsidiary Reliance Globalcom. Flag Telecom owns and operate major undersea cable (some 50,000 km of undersea fibre optic network) utilized for broadband operations across the world.
India is in a better position to monitor the traffic not only from Pakistan but many other countries too..

CJCSC for more concentration on information security systems

RAWALPINDI: General Tariq Majid, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) on Monday underlined that the information security system has emerged as another important area which must be attended to with due focus. According to the Army Spokesman, General Tariq Majid, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) attended the 18th Under Graduate Convocation ceremony of the Military College of Signals (MCS) as the Chief Guest. On the occasion, Lieutenant General Muhammad Asghar, Rector National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Lieutenant General Ahsan Azhar Hayat, Inspector General Training and Evaluation (IGT&E), Major General Waqar Ahmed, Signal Officer-in-Chief and Major General Shahid Maqbool, Commandant MCS were also present. The convocation ceremony was also attended by a large number of the senior officers, families and parents of the graduating students.

General Tariq commended the efforts of the faculty and management of NUST, which he said, "has ushered a new era of progressive scientific and technical education in Pakistan and has been placed amongst the most prestigious ranking list of 'Top 300 Universities of the World''. He also commended the efforts of the MCS and added, "While sharing this credit of the international recognition, the MCS indeed stands out as a key institution of the national importance. This is because; the information and communication technologies can immensely help in improving our governance, economic growth and educational development. Initiation of an elaborate computerization programme at the college to impart education and cultivate research culture in the budding engineers would go a long way in meeting the technological requirements of the country".

A total of 141 students of Telecom and Software Engineering programs were conferred degrees. President's Gold Medals were awarded to NUST Cadet Muhammad Ali Siddiqui, NUST Cadet Sajjad Sarwar and Major Syed Shoukat Hussain, Chief of Army Staff's Gold Medals were received by Technical Cadet Fahad Idris and Major Syed Shoukat Hussain and Rector's Gold Medals were awarded to NUST Cadet Muhammad Mohid Ahmad Kharral and NUST Cadet Sana Ejaz for their outstanding work in development of engineering projects.—Agencies

Welcome to Daily Regional Times Online Newspaper

Hi,
No actually you are wrong my brother who is in signals core has been working on these projects for a long time, Army has a lot of officers specialized in telecommunication.

Aah!!! it's slighly difficult to explain.. But building any Enterprise Software requires many stages to it.But to cut it short Army officers(i.e. IT graduates from army colleges) were involved in post deployment support. But the software was not developed by Army Officers. :)

Its a really good news and I hope that Pakistan Army will have much more advancement in this field. :victory:

If any sort of graphics work required i am available !

If any sort of graphics work required i am available !
Curerntly they are after

Electrical Engineering
Telecommunication Engineering
Computer System Engineering
Computer Software Engineering
Information Security

you can check airforce n navy they have a better IT department

:wave: The core IP backbone of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL) is FLAG Telecom (stands for Fiber-optic Loop Around the Globe) was acquired by Indias RCom for $211 Million in 2003 and managed by its subsidiary Reliance Globalcom. Flag Telecom owns and operate major undersea cable (some 50,000 km of undersea fibre optic network) utilized for broadband operations across the world.
India is in a better position to monitor the traffic not only from Pakistan but many other countries too..

:eek: damn you indian are controlling the whole world telecomunication systems!:rofl:

anyway provide a credible source to backup your statement.

I will not take this as a good news I rather feel the weakness of this system beforehand because our software industry is rather premature & has not the capability to introduce strict proactive policy against cyberattacks. If they import such application probability is that they be more prone to enemy attacks because they in the very 1st place have constructed those applications & be able to infiltrate our communications. I feel China will be of extreme help rather having Europeans to setup this whole procedure.
Apart from software industry we dont have the fastest hardware either. So in essence when enemies like USA or any country from EU will try to plunder our electronic channels they will be much more capable to do so with their Super Computers when in comparison with ours!!
I know this is a good step but now isnt the right time. Serious military talks & conferences must not be subjected to such a technology that we ouselves have only started to understand

For Top Secret Communications, I think its not wise to use electronic methods or networks that can be susceptible to intrusions.

One communication method that is used even by US President Barack Obama (reportedly) is "Pneumatic Tube". Its in use since 1850s but its safe and secure, especially inside a closed complex like GHQ.

Letters are packed inside a piston and the piston travels inside a tube to the desired destination.

Pneumatic tube was widely used in Paris and Berlin for delivery of post but now it has disappeared in those cities for postal service.

Good to hear that. Otherwise I thought that our Armed Forces were only gaining excellence in REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT.;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom