What's new

Pak Army determined to promote education in Balochistan: Kayani

Well it's not clear that they have taken permission from the present Govt or not so can't comment on that. Army is heavily involved in social work all around the country so this is not something new.
However the present step taken by army is indeed commendable. You should understand that army is trying to earn goodwill and it is badly needed in Baluchistan. Personally i don't see that how helping the locals is equal to challenging the writ of Govt.
When army will build a building it will be approved by Ministry of Defence. And Ministry of Defence is in Islamabad....Let not discuss this to death....We are doing what he wanted .....Derailing the thread

I know soon he'll come with another stupid question.

When Islamabad ask Rawalpindi to control the situation. they control it by hook or by crook. Islamabad gave them permission to do this. I studied in FG school. By name its Federal Govt but army major rank officer over look FG schools performance. Why?? because the govt cant.?? NOPE because the Govt want army to be involved in civilian activities as well to stay connected with people.

My point being simply that there is a "soft" interferance of army in many areas not under their supposed domain. You yourself gave a perfect example to that.

And it is not something that pakistanis themselves dont know.

Promoting education can be done by a dedicated national comission. It snot like that you have to employ the defence forces for such works. The amount of money that is spent instead from the defence budget can be directly employed to education sector.

As someone else mentioned earlier, such announcements look better from the Pm or the president. Tomorrow if the Postal department will say that they are determined to increase the defence capability of pakistan then you would understand my point.

Last edited:
My point being simply that there is a "soft" interferance of army in many areas not under their supposed domain. You yourself gave a perfect example to that.

And it is not something that pakistanis themselves dont know.

Promoting education can be done by a dedicated national comission. It snot like that you have to emply the defence forces for such works. The amount of money that is spent instead from the defence budget can be directly employed to education sector.
If we dont have problem why do you? Perhaps your army dont want to "interfere" or simple dont care. But our Army do social work and we are happy about it.

BTW next time dont call your army on any disaster as its not its duty. Its duty is only to fight not to rescue or educate.

If we dont have problem why do you? Perhaps your army dont want to "interfere" or simple dont care.

Yes we do have a problem. The interference of army in civilian matters is really a concern for us. Their interference in foreign policy matters of pakistan (which they are not supposed to be doing) has been the cause of bitterness in India pakistan relations in the past.

Yes we do have a problem. The interference of army in civilian matters is really a concern for us. Their interference in foreign policy matters of pakistan (which they are not supposed to be doing) has been the cause of bitterness in India pakistan relations in the past.
HAHAHA.......Like you guys are angels......Bitterness in PAK INDIA RELATION. When was teh sweetness in our relationship??. Army interfere or not the relation will remain the same until Kashmir is freed from illegal occupation of India.

i strongly urge the trolls to go through that thread which i have posted. i am sure (if you desire) it would clear your 'doubts'.

But still, let me give you people a gist:

Chamalang Coal Mines - Largest in Asia, second largest in the world.

The Project was running a 40 years back, but then as the area was inhabited by two setc- the Balochs (Marris) and Pathans (Lunis)- there ensued a bitter tussle between them on the issue of allocation of land (the coal mines) and the distribution or wealth/royalty.

The tussle became into a fight and the fight turned into a war. The killed each other, they planted mines on each others routes, they abducted each others men, goats, and carjacked etc etc.

100s died.

Billions lost because the project was shut down since the last 40 years.

The area being farflunged and under developed the Provincial govt (due to the neglect from the Centre) neither had the will nor did they have the resources to re-open the project, this coupled with the fact that people in those areas are kinda immune to our Police, no one dared to venture in those tribes and oppose their decision.

Then came Musharraf, he was THE govt then, he was the President then, he (with the PML (Q)) was the 'civilian' elected govt then. He requested the army (being the govt) or as the trolls may like it (Ordered the Army to use its danda to re-launch the project).

The DCO of that area was least concerned.

The DPO didnt care.

The Provincial govt of Balochistan was just ceremonial.

No one listened to the Police much - one was being corrupt (as it is in on our East), two for lacking the will.

Then came the fauj, respected and credible even in that area.

The Army used its credibility and made the two tribes (Marri ans Lunnis) to get into a NEW Contract (verified/vetted by the High Court of Balochistan - civilian influence) and asked them to shed away their rivalries.

95% agreed and saw it as another chance to re-rich themselves from the wealth of Coal, the remaining 3% were given danda, which the Army has the capability and still the remaining 2% oppose the project - the usual insurgency in Balochistan in which our indian friends has a shre too.

One of the clause of the CONTRACT between the Army, Lunnis and Marries was the provision of FREE education for the children of these tribes. A certain fund (that is controlled by the CIVILIAN stakeholders of the project that included the Provincial govt, the Contractors and the Land Owners) is made available and is re-directed towards the education of 3000 children of Lunni and Marri tribes.

So.

It was in this SIMPLE context that the COAS visited Quetta and announced that it is Army's top priority that it would ensure provision of better education to these kids.

Now lemme see any dickhead playing a smart-a$$ around here.

If in doubts, one can search the net and get help from that thread or visit the area!

^^^
That just helps my earlier notion that if anything gone terribly wrong inside pakistan then the only "credible" last resort is the army. This is what I call "soft" interference.

Strange that you mentioned that DPO, DSO etc dont care about development. I wonder changing the concerned inefficeint officers would have been a better option. Instead of keeping them as it is and calling in the army.

BTW good luck to the reopening of mining projects in the region. i hope this would help reduce poverty in the region.

^^^
That just helps my earlier notion that if anything gone terribly wrong inside pakistan then the only "credible" last resort is the army. This is what I call "soft" interference.
i never denied that.

Our (present and future) govt does/would not mind till the time the interference remain 'soft'.

They day this interference of yours would exceed the soft mark, yes , not only the govt would have a problem but the international community would also voice their concerns, but it aint happening.

i think you probably doesnt know that in every country the govt institutions do have some 'soft' interference whatsoever in one way or other on their govts. Somewhere it is the (private) defence contractors, at other places it may be the business tycoons. These companies/institutions/individuals do influence the decision making process of the govt and that's a fact and it doesnt matter much unless the influence increases to a degree where it becomes harmful or threat the basic system of governance. Do you really think that your intelligence agencies and the military have no influence over your (govt) decisions? If the answer is a yes, i must say that you live in a fool's paradise.

Strange that you mentioned that DPO, DSO etc dont care about development. I wonder changing the concerned inefficeint officers would have been a better option. Instead of keeping them as it is and calling in the army.
That's our basic problem.

The bureaucracy in almost every developing country has the same problem, only the degree of inefficiency varies.

i would have appreciated if these people were kicked and made OSD, but then there isnt one can do when the entire chain of command is the culprit. No one wants to get their hands dirty. No one wanted to have that 'innocent' blood on their hands, or else this Bugti problem should have died decades back.

Everyone wants that their tenure of duty (as the PM etc) should pass away as smoothly as it can.

i am sure you must have heard of 'hiding it under the carpet', well that's the phenomenon we in Pakistan had been experiencing alot.
Bugti, Wana, Talibans etc etc were the outcome of this phenomenon, nothing else. You can ask me (politely), if you want to know the details on this.

Anywaz, bureaucracy (and politics) in our part of world is holy cow, and it would take time to make it just another official tier who is there to serve people and not rule them.

BTW good luck to the reopening of mining projects in the region. i hope this would help reduce poverty in the region.

We dont require your 'guud luck'. The project is already running at a peak and the people of that area, the govt and the economy, all has received the dividends. i will try to get the figures (of income, tax, revenue generation etc) from that friend of mine working over the project, but i am not sure if i would be able to post them here because of the obvious reasons, but the last time we talked over this, the figures were HUGE, and when i say huge they really mean huge!

Shukria .

school , college and a university is being built in my village jaffarbad too worth 12 crore .

We had very less schools and I think we've very few college . We had to travel to quetta or karachi for further studies . , it's good if we have a quality education nearby .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom