What's new

Pak Army Atheist Soldier Decorated and Promoted.

Of course it does not prevent people from abusing Dharma. We both know who it applies to. :)
Dharma cannot be insulted. It can be criticized. Which we welcome.
Yes I agree that it is misused but u can't call the law unjust based on the fact that it is misused. The laws here apply to everyone equally as well but a majority of ppl that are arrested and incarcerated are black ppl. It is rather racism that's responsible for that not the laws. Call a spade a spade at least.

Yes I agree that it is misused but u can't call the law unjust based on the fact that it is misused. The laws here apply to everyone equally as well but a majority of ppl that are arrested and incarcerated are black ppl. It is rather racism that's responsible for that not the laws. Call a spade a spade at least.
You are too civilized, secular and apologetic to argue with. :D Let's call it a day. :tup: Have a good week ahead.

You are too civilized, secular and apologetic to argue with. :D Let's call it a day. :tup: Have a good week ahead.
I don't agree with the apologetic part. In no way I tried to justify the misuse of this law. I simply stated that the law is meant to apply equally. Whether it does or doesn't is a separate issue...and I think there should be some solution that people shouldve come up with by now...but I wouldn't mislabel a law as unjust merely bcuz it was misused by ppl.

I need to go to sleep now...got work tomorrow. U have a good rest of the week as well.

Does it matter if he's atheist or not? he's serving this country with full loyalty to Pakistan only that's what matters to me imo.
The question does arise, why does he love a country which was ostensibly glued together by Islam? No doubt he is serving honorably and Pakistan should not refrain from accepting religious minorities on the basis of personal beliefs but at the same time one should be aware of motivation.
If I was an enemy I know the only way to completely destroy Pakistan is by weakening her military. So if I could get persons whose personal beliefs are not in line with Islam into high positions I could then try to cause friction.
Of course this can happen with Muslim leaders as well however IMHO the current zeitgeist that is being thrusted upon Pakistan is all about being "tolerant "for the sake of it even when it is not advantageous. For example I work with a Pakistani who says that it does not matter if a Christian or a Vedantist became PM of Pakistan. Now can a country which is glued together on basis of Islam ( even though she is not following properly) have a non Muslim leader?

The question does arise, why does he love a country which was ostensibly glued together by Islam? No doubt he is serving honorably and Pakistan should not refrain from accepting religious minorities on the basis of personal beliefs but at the same time one should be aware of motivation.
If I was an enemy I know the only way to completely destroy Pakistan is by weakening her military. So if I could get persons whose personal beliefs are not in line with Islam into high positions I could then try to cause friction.
Of course this can happen with Muslim leaders as well however IMHO the current zeitgeist that is being thrusted upon Pakistan is all about being "tolerant "for the sake of it even when it is not advantageous. For example I work with a Pakistani who says that it does not matter if a Christian or a Vedantist became PM of Pakistan. Now can a country which is glued together on basis of Islam ( even though she is not following properly) have a non Muslim leader?
I will just leave this here:

11th August 1947
"We are starting in the days when there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State."

I don't want to continue on this because i know now it's gonna turn into a loooooooooooooooong and endless debate which in the end will get dirty.
But still in the end i would say that if i have to choose between Muslims like NS, Zardari, AH, Maulan fazal etc and a non muslim Pakistani who is loyal to my country who isn't corrupt than i will vote him and not those musalmans.

I will just leave this here:

11th August 1947
"We are starting in the days when there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State."

I don't want to continue on this because i know now it's gonna turn into a loooooooooooooooong and endless debate which in the end will get dirty.
But still in the end i would say that if i have to choose between Muslims like NS, Zardari, AH, Maulan fazal etc and a non muslim Pakistani who is loyal to my country who isn't corrupt than i will vote him and not those musalmans.
But if you had a non corrupt loyal Muslim vs non corrupt loyal non Muslim?

I agree with you with the current Muslim leaders vs a loyal non corrupt non Muslim.

A simple case of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Not sure why you see it as a complex riddle.....

Maslow's is a very old framework used to proof a lot of things. B School and Econ high school kids were were quoting Maslow in the 1990s, and I wasn't convinced back then,

But forget Maslow. There's no riddle in what I was saying- I was pointing to the irony. The same folks who are supposedly most patriotic and wish to die for their countries are willing to migrate at the drop of a hat, while the ones supposedly least patriotic have created the wealthiest and most envied societies (in general).

There's a world of insights insights in that - on hypocrisy, reality, patriotism, nationalism, and the human heart, among others.

Just talking from personal experience some of the best Soldiers in the Army are Ismailis from the northern areas, the NLI is a brilliant and tough formation in the military, their toughness and discipline are legendary.
Lalik jan shaheed belongs to Ismaili community, born and raised in Ghizer district of GB. To be more specific, majority of NLI soldiers belongs to Ghizer valley, which is also called "Land of Martyrs. If you visit Ghizer valley you will find pakistani flags on shaheed's grave everywhere. The people of Ghizer are very brave and tough. They are good athletes and also famous for their soccer skills.
@WAJsal , @shimshali

Lalik jan shaheed belongs to Ismaili community, born and raised in Ghizer district of GB. To be more specific, majority of NLI soldiers belongs to Ghizer valley, which is also called "Land of Martyrs. If you visit Ghizer valley you will find pakistani flags on shaheed's grave everywhere. The people of Ghizer are very brave and tough. They are good athletes and also famous for their soccer skills.
@WAJsal , @shimshali
Nodoubt, few boys of NLI knock down huge Indian army in Kargil sector. Later NLI played major role in WOT in FATA.

it is Allah's Divine Help that brings success. As explained by religious scholars, His treatment of Muslims is different
How about Jews?? No one from Arab world (Asli iman walay muslims) don't dare to even speak out.

Nodoubt, few boys of NLI knock down huge Indian army in Kargil sector. Later NLI played major role in WOT in FATA
OH yes. My family members (Army walas) often talk about Waziristan operation. I call them savages sarcastically..lol

Maslow's is a very old framework used to proof a lot of things. B School and Econ high school kids were were quoting Maslow in the 1990s, and I wasn't convinced back then,

Then you can remain in denial. The rest of world doesn't follow your whims.

But forget Maslow. There's no riddle in what I was saying- I was pointing to the irony.

Economic migrants seeking economic security is obvious, not ironic. Your premise is flawed.

The same folks who are supposedly most patriotic and wish to die for their countries are willing to migrate at the drop of a hat, while the ones supposedly least patriotic have created the wealthiest and most envied societies (in general).

Ramblings. Unscientific.

There's a world of insights insights in that - on hypocrisy, reality, patriotism, nationalism, and the human heart, among others.

There are no "great insights" here. If you believe in nothing, you shouldn't be bothered by war, secularism, wealth or anything else for that matter since the moment we are born, we are all just waiting to die.

Last edited:
@WAJsal , @shimshali
Is that so? Perhaps Pakistan should try increase the population of these Pakistanis to increase Pakistan's athletic skills.

Is that so? Perhaps Pakistan should try increase the population of these Pakistanis to increase Pakistan's athletic skills.
One main component of beautify of Gb is its low population rate. I am afraid your idea won't work... lol
Athletic skills are because of their environment, they have grown up in tough conditions thats why

Back
Top Bottom