What's new

Pak Army Atheist Soldier Decorated and Promoted.

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Regarding a fella, I know - who is the son of a historically well known Sindhi Nationalist family, to cut a long story short this guy was bought up as an atheist.

This lad has had an awesome start to his career, he has served on both hostile borders and taken part in many of the COIN operations in the country.

Just recently learned through a mutual friend, that he has been decorated for services on the eastern border.

He has also been promoted, like the thread I posted about him before, his fellow Officers and Soldiers know of his thoughts and though some of them disagree, he is well respected and loved.

According to my information BBZ is interested in meeting him, because his family is one that you would never expect military service from, (some members of his family were separatists).

The PA has always had a true "secular" tradition, encouraging all of its sons and daughters to take part in the defence of the "mother" MOTHERLAND.

All the men and women, who serve the nation of whatever race, religion or creed, are to be respected, and saluted.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD :yahoo::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Congratulations.

Disagree. But I will not interrupt you. Best wishes.

Thank you, when this forum is at it's best, it allows frank exchanges of views and enriches both the users and this forum.

Just talking from personal experience some of the best Soldiers in the Army are Ismailis from the northern areas, the NLI is a brilliant and tough formation in the military, their toughness and discipline are legendary.

The Ahmedi community though small, has produced some of our most talented and tactically proficient officers.

The Parsi and Christian Officers have been been brilliant in the PAF.

The Navy has some very tough Makrani (Black) soldiers who are showing the way, with their toughness and discipline.

All sons of this great country, and now daughters are coming through as well, with minority communities leading the way.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
His atheism or religious views have nothing to do with his performance as a soldier.

I am unsure why is it even a thread? Any soldier who does his job well will be rewarded.

Even in Prophet's time, Jews fought alongside with Muslims against outside enemies.

Btw, the correct word to use here is not "secular"

It's "neutral"..

Pakistan Army is not a "secular" institute but a "neutral" institute when it comes to individual religious beliefs of its solders and officers (as long as those beliefs are kept strictly personal and out of professional service).

@Rafi @SarthakGanguly

His atheism or religious views have nothing to do with his performance as a soldier.

I am unsure why is it even a thread? Any soldier who does his job well will be rewarded.

Even in Prophet's time, Jews fought alongside with Muslims against outside enemies.

It is just to acknowledge their service and sacrifices. It is like you know your mother loves you, but it is still nice to hear from time to time.

I think fighting for the nation of states system is against the whole idea of being atheist. Why would such a person be willing to die for a country like Pakistan.

Soldiers who have come under fire are asked what thoughts crossed their minds: very few said country, most said family, friend, or home.

Soldiers who have come under fire are asked what thoughts crossed their minds: very few said country, most said family, friend, or home.

When you have served, lofty thoughts of Religion, Nation and other things, though are important - the most important thing is to fight for your brothers in arms, (maybe sisters also).

Exactly, those who sacrifice their family and friends need to have a clear motive for this. I dont see atheism offers that.

This athiest has served his country better than millions of his non-serving Muslim countrymen. The faith or other background shouldn't matter as much. Love for the motherland should.

Edit:to lessen any perceived ambiguity.

Last edited:
This athiest has served his country better than millions of his Muslim countrymen. The faith or other background shouldn't matter as much. Love for the motherland should.
The comparison is inappropriate and inaccurately exaggerated but I dont want to indulge in long energy consuming row with you here. My point is the thinking and psychological aspect of the person who is an atheist working in the most contradicting profession to his ideas of life in one of the least feasible countries to the people of his kind or should I mention, one of the most hated countries by atheist.

Pakistan Army is not a "secular" institute but a "neutral" institute when it comes to individual religious beliefs of its solders and officers (as long as those beliefs are kept strictly personal and out of professional service).
Since you quoted me - I would not call it neutral either. But I will resist from making further posts explaining my position. I expect this to be a congratulatory thread instead of one of debate.

The comparison is inappropriate and inaccurately exaggerated but I dont want to indulge in long energy consuming row with you here. My point is the thinking and psychological aspect of the person who is an atheist working in the most contradicting profession to his ideas of life in one of the most least feasible countries to the people of his kind or should I mention, one of the most hated countries by atheist.

You're right to say that an average atheist, should be opposed to the idea of a state like Pakistan, an average atheist of any sort that is of any country, race, background ceteris paribus. But here we're talking about a man that's already served who far from needing the benefit of any doubt, it can already be reasonably assumed that he is very loyal to Pakistan, despite his religion, or rather lack thereof, not fitting the norm of either the army or the republic.

I praise this man's service, and I would not be opposed any atheist, agnostic, sikh, christian, hindu or muslim serving for the betterment of the country. Not all sense of duty or morality is rooted in religion, especially for an atheist whose motivations must obviously be contained wholly elsewhere.

And yeah, I don't want to have another bickering debate with you. It seems our ideologies are once again at odds. Suffice to leave it at that.

Here is the thing. Do we want the help of Allah the Almighty when we perform Jihad against the Kuffaar? If that is so, we cannot be simply a 'secular army'. We have to be God Fearing Muslims. And that means excluding those who have dared to question the finality of Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam as the Messenger and Prophet of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'aala.

Let's not kid ourselves. Islam is a take it or leave it religion. And especially the 'Ghaibi Nusrat' of Allah the Almighty requires an extremely high level of faith. A high level of faith does not go together with friendship of Qaadiyanis.

The real strength of Pak Army isn't in the nuclear bombs, or the aircrafts, or any weaponry or training. The real strength is the Jazaba-e-Jihaad which makes even an unarmed soldier a potent weapon against the enemy.

There is no pride in Qaadiyanis being appointed in key places in the army or in the government. They WILL use their power and influence to forward their poisonous agenda against the Muslims. It is a matter of utmost shame, and it just goes on to show how far away our leaders are from the true teachings of Islam.

May Allah give Hidayah to our leaders so they may transform Pakistan into a true bastion of Islam. Aaameen.

Back
Top Bottom