What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

but there are rumores about SH being the strongest candidate,,
it is amazing that how easily indinas have kicked the russian options out of discussion, i never herad anyhing about those,,
i mean do they really are of the view thatrussian arm are no good for them anymore, atleast the planes are not!!

regards!

No brother

actually its oppsite we have too many russian fighter deals .
like su-30 , fgfa and many other defense deal - we would like to have the best of other world too. :cheers:

PAF officials with the Rafale in France

c2cf23842d4999b18fd878ab5d633f6a.jpg

According to a respected poster, this picture was taken in March 2007 during evaluations of Rafale by the PAF, who then went on to choose FC-20. They also evaluated Gripen and Typhoon and of the 3 European fighters, Gripen came closest to their requirements.

Last edited:
Nope, PAF chose F-16 blk 52 (and FC-20) over any European fighter. The PAF evaluated Rafale in March 2007, as well as Typhoon and Gripen, and they found Gripen to meet their requirements best according to senior posters with inside contacts.
Exactly. Sorry I forgot to mention, the following picture was actually taken in March 2007

c2cf23842d4999b18fd878ab5d633f6a.jpg

Sohail: Your data on F-15's is wrong , 100 kills and no defeat, 1991 Desert Shield 4 F-15 were shot down, and one of them was a Birg Gen. General Horner was commanding and his deputy decided to do couple of missions and he got shot down.
And I would'nt worry about the IAF getting F-18s, Dude they can hardly fly Hawks:lol:

They just like the SU-27 that which is a drag in fact. Many countries can buy them, but they often too poor to feed .

well there is absolutely no doub that Rafale is a real beast!!
it is a true $.5 generation plane, electronie stealth suite (SPECTRA) pilot friendly interface and latest avionics, one of the best missiles AESA radars soon to replace the aleady existing good radar,,,
all in all rafale is real a fighter plane of the highest league,,
only disadvantage being that F16s are battle tested but rafale is not fully matured as yet. moreover it is also almost twice as expensive then the F16z!!

regards!

Dear that is true but again PAF did evaluate it and secondly i don't think French would offer kind of ToT PAF wanted at price which PAF can effort.

Good or bad thing is PAF is not interested in it so mean it does not fir well in our scenario viz-a-viz IAF.

Dear that is true but again PAF did evaluate it and secondly i don't think French would offer kind of ToT PAF wanted at price which PAF can effort.

Talking about ToT. I think PAF said itself that it not ready for ToT when talks for Grippen were going on.

REPLY TO JEFF.

Regardin ur 1st point it is quite clear to for me n u to understand wut IAF is goin to go for, i think ive clearly mentioned in the first post, read it again to clarify urself, i clearly meant SH it can be seen clearly.

Coming on to ur 2nd point, yes spares can be developed but in quantities mentioned by Boeing u jus cannot make spares in unlimited quantites n use them, there r always limits to the amounts of spares that u can make.

Reply to ur 3rd point, I'm sorry US aircraft aint like none other, u know this, Russian is full of old tech, n even European manfacturers lack behind US, because US is the trend setter!!!, has anyone come up with a 5th generation aircraft, even Russians r still in the designin phase of their 5th generation aircraft as far as Europeans are concerned dont know when they r goin to bring their 5th generation out possibly when US has already manufactured its 6th generation fighter!!!!

Reply to ur 4th point, jus tell me wut is the use of spendin $15 Billion to buy Sh when boeing has already stated that they r goin to take this SH into a 5th generation aircraft in the comin few years, by the time u get the technology after 2012, we would be lookin into 5th Generation fighters like F35's which I'm pretty sure PAF will go for cause our Turkish brothers have already commited themselves to a 100 F-35's. U can use this $15 billion big ticket purchase n improve ur failed Tejas fighter n Arjuns, that way u will get self reliance n u will not fill beoing's pockets who will simply make more advanced version of SH a 5th generation one.

Reply to ur 5th point, there was a guy who went to a pharmacy n he asked for a medicine, the guy said him only 1 packet of the medicine he was annoyed he increased his purchase from 1 packet to 20 packs at the same moment, it's not abut spending money but u have ur pockets full of cash at this time, u shuld spend money in the quatities u need to, jus don't close ur eyes n distribute money to lockheed or anyone else, wut is the use of buyin C-130's when u r makin ur own transport aircraft???? it is not how hard PAK hits India it is how good THEY hit them when they are in a fight with them that's why we survived 60 years of Independance with extremist always keepin an evil eye on our Country n willin to strike us anytime they get a chance.

Reply to ur 6th point, Indians need to learn not to teach US lessons as they r doin now, u think u r smart at sayin wut u said to US, US is a real ***** n it will kick India's *** when it needs to jus wait n see, can't u see wut it did to Russia, learn some lessons from history, US cannot see some one comin near to it's level so it eliminates that country if ur's try to do that which im pretty sure u will then ur country will learn a hard lesson next after Russia.

Reply to ur 7th point, hello wake up, they gave a green signal for the export of AESA not TOT AESA they wuld never give this tech to anyone, by the way can u provide me with a source that they have allowed indians to manufacture AESA in their country. U talk abut economical prosperous countru wut was ur dear friend Russia when it was broken by Bin Laden into pieces, it was a super power, so jus don't sink in this scenario that if u have a strong economy US will not keep an evil eye on u. US strategy is they will dry all the water from the river, then when u have no choice left to drink from u will beg for the water US has, get my point. Goin the US way, Russia will not be happy!!!!

Reply to ur 8th, 9th n 10th points, please clearly specify wut u mean by ur 8th point, I think india shuld learn lesson that not only PAF's F-16 spares were banned but even Turkey's F-16's spares were banned as one of the forum members mentioned it earlier, so get my point US doesn't give $hit as to who anyone is they will ban spares when they need to. Jus wonderin how will India have good experience in dealin with black markets, it has no need to, don't u think.

Reply to ur 11th n 12th point, o really old myth that India will not go for extra 74 when their squadrons strength has dramatically fallen, how will u bring ur sqaudron strength bak to normal, by buyin more jets u jus can't bring in ur Tejas to fill the gap cause even it is no where near ready after Billions in R & D. U talk abut budget PAK budget is like a glacier u can only see $4.5 billion at the top but they spend more than this, one of the members stated in his post that PAK has already crossed it allocated budget, so do u think our budget is wut we say to the world, NO!!!!! jus dont think we cant afford Patriot's, if PAF thinks it needs them they will get them no matter wut!!!! n we r not unbalancin the the balance of power in the region it is u who r doin that!!!!! wut we do is just a reply to wut u do!!!!!

Reply to ur 13th, 14th n 15th points, PAF has always operated lower number of jets to ur 750 we operate 450 approximately so IF we buy 3 squadrons i think its fine because we have our JF-17 comin up with Western goodies on it so we don't need to purchase expensive aircraft we will build the aircraft at home n buy weapons from abroad. PAF already operates a 2 engine fighter as i said IF they feel the need of goin this way they will no matter wut!!!!! Thank's for wishin me best of luck for my exams, it's my second year finals:taz:

i would like to answer to your russian combat aircraft being inferior than the american ....well for first if u must know the reason why USA started its ATA project ( advance tactical aircraft ) was because they found that the soviet russian combat aircraft such Mig 29 and Su-27 legacy fighter were better than the F-15 f-16 f-18...( On 26 November 1995, the first of two Su-27s was delivered to the USA inside an An-124 for an unknown purpose, believed to be support of military training exercises) .....also those migand su had better avionics radar as well as fire control radar ...when Mig 29 came out in 1982 it had IRST ball and fly by wire technology which came out later in F-16 and F-18 ...also Soviet russia developed fifth generation aircraft before the US ....know as Su47 and Mig Mpfi .....u can google them if u want ...the reason why they were not able to finish the Fifth generation project was because of soviet union dissoloution ..where the funding was stopped....if the funding was not stopped u would have seen the finished version in MMRCA competition for india ...also u should know that the prototype for PAK FAGA ...will be complete this year and it will fly by mid of next year .....also russian did rely on the idea of reducing the RCS of the aircraft as stealth because they knew that those aircraft with reduced RCS were vulnerable to their sam system ..that why u see serbs were able to shoot down F-117 with old soviet sam system ....russians are now developng plasma stealth which is much more effective than the american stealth technology...btw we have enough money to fund LCA and Tejas ...it is not like we are diverting our funds to accquire forgen technology ...Tejas is almost complete ...we need to perfect the engine ....also Arjun has the same problem that it needs better engine ...which will be completed in due time....why are we acquring c-130 is because we need it now ...and for the joint development of transport if for long term requirment .....also Mig 35 is very likely to win MMRCA not SH ....

if you would have red wiki it was stated over there that Brahmos arming project was taking difficulties due to enormus weight of this missile and MKIs would also be there for upgrades package testing prior to induction in MKI fleet???:undecided:

they are reducing the weight of brahmos to around 2 tons and samaller size ...alspo hwy two years for fitting brahmos is because they have to extensive test ...like multiple fire test ...avionis...does the radar and fire system is compatible with brahmos

There are two question!
1- What could be PAF's possible answer to MRCA?
Ans: Rafale, Typhoon, Gripen, F-16 Block 60 and FC-20
2- What shuld be PAF's possible answer to MRCA?
Ans: FC-20 with ASEA. Because, Firstly, it has nearly half price than Rafale, Typhoon, Gripen, F-16 Block 60, in price of one westren fighter we can buy two FC-20. Secondly no sanctions, no westen give and take deal system and most importantly a deal with friend is better than with bunch of foes.

my friend in answer to the first question you have quoted all the names of MRCA candidates,,, except for FC20 which you rightly said is the better choice for PAF in current conditions!!

regards!

I think we have the ANSWER chinease built FC20 with an AESA.

Better 1 FC20 which is ready for WAR 24/7 THANKS to ally China rather then 2 F16/60 which can,t fight for lack of spares & sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom