What's new

PAF will experience another lackluster decade similar to the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Barbados
fighters like the JF-17 even if upgraded and keyed up will make little impact on the battlefield against the RAFALE, You think when PAF joined the JF-17 project, they had in mind the potential circumstances that 20 years down the line there pilots might face fighters like the Rafale? PAF whoever is running the show over there need to get there heads out of there ***. they seem content with the JF-17 and F-16 as if either of these would produce a miracle, I've said several times on here and i've been mocked that the JF-17 seemed a waste of time (in light of future cirmustance), PAF were better off embarking on the J-10 project back in the 90s, the J-10s design took influence from the israeli lavi which was an upgrade to the traditional F-16 which seems to inspire and infatuate the PAF to this very day, the J-10 would have boosted PAFs defense to a greater level then the JF-17 ever would and with TOT things would have looked more promising then today. the J-10 could have been upgraded near the point where it would be a threat to even the Rafale.
the JF-17 is too lightweight and it isn't the answer to the threats across the east, if PAF was fighting IRAN, then i'd say the JF-17 is ideal but it isn't.
whats the way forward now? PAF needs to forget about going down the cheap and easy route and get involved in projects which mean something, the cheap and easy route gets your pilots killed gets your soldiers killed and gets the proud civillians your protecting raped and then killed. The only answer now is the J-21 project.
I watched the interview with the JF-17 director and he said PAF has never tried to embark on an arms race, they think by going above something more then a mid-tech fighter this is an overkill and that everything can be secured with the F-16s and JF-17s, not comprehending the magnitude on threat.

this has been discussed number of times in multiple threads related to the subject no need for another thread on the same topic with same arguments .....

Thread closed ....

The thread is just a rehash of several others, it's also gone off-topic. Thank you for your contributions. The thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom