What's new

PAF to take part in the Green Flag and Red Flag exercises at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.

There are air to air battles in Red Flag, right?
yes they are pretty much bread and butter of this exercise . Americans in their internal briefings afterwords make fun of the participating countries and one such video caused a lot of butt hurt among the Indians and they demanded an apology over Americans making fun of how their F-15s won over IAF SU-30s.

yes they are pretty much bread and butter of this exercise . Americans in their internal briefings afterwords make fun of the participating countries and one such video caused a lot of butt hurt among the Indians and they demanded an apology over Americans making fun of how their F-15s won over IAF SU-30s.
wheres the video of the usa making fun of the su-30's? and have you got any pics of the red flag exercise

I really want JF-17s to participate in these exercises because American Jets V American Jets doesnt make sense. since JF-17s are goign to be the workhorse of PAF so it makes sense that they are employed too and such outing can serve as a good marketing tool..
Unless if there is some American ban on their participation or PAF/ China has some restriction on it then please someone let me know.

I mean , if a jet is seen as ready and fit for not only induction into the airforce but also offered for sale to multiple countries then there is nothing to hide from Americans

wheres the video of the usa making fun of the su-30's? and have you got any pics of the red flag exercise
linking that video will invite trolls.
just search on Youtube and you wont miss it.

I really want JF-17s to participate in these exercises because American Jets V American Jets doesnt make sense. since JF-17s are goign to be the workhorse of PAF so it makes sense that they are employed too and such outing can serve as a good marketing tool..
Unless if there is some American ban on their participation or PAF/ China has some restriction on it then please someone let me know.

I mean , if a jet is seen as ready and fit for not only induction into the airforce but also offered for sale to multiple countries then there is nothing to hide from Americans

linking that video will invite trolls.
just search on Youtube and you wont miss it.

Aircraft have to be NATO compatible standards for this which JF-17 isn't. When Su-30MKI participated, results weren't pretty. Besides, in addition to stoking hungry egos of you know who, they successfully got first hand experience of what a Russian jets can and can not do. These experiences are valuable. No such hunger for JF-17 on either side as it is not in Chinese inventory. J-10 might be welcomed with open arms for reasons already mentioned.

Aircraft have to be NATO compatible standards for this which JF-17 isn't. When Su-30MKI participated, results weren't pretty. Besides, in addition to stoking hungry egos of you know who, they successfully got first hand experience of what a Russian jets can and can not do. These experiences are valuable. No such hunger for JF-17 on either side as it is not in Chinese inventory. J-10 might be welcomed with open arms for reasons already mentioned.

I wasnt upto date with the last red flag.

So what happen when the MKI joined?

I wasnt upto date with the last red flag.

So what happen when the MKI joined?

If US videos are to be believed, they were pretty clueless in the battle and ended up shooting many of their own side.

So its something to do with their system configs?

Perhaps compatibility with NATO standards. Not that their systems would be inferior, just that it would be different from everyone else. Any aircraft including JF-17 would face same difficulty if it's not compatible. I think @gambit can elaborate it better as to what would happen when a non-NATO configured aircraft is flying in a Red Flag.

That was Green Flag and not red flag..

I am sorry I must admit that I lied and I must be crucified as I quoted the wrong colour of the flag where some insolent American pilot dishonoured the IAF during his internal USAF briefing.

Dear it's not just a question of one V one or a package involved in dogfights , there's a whole lot of other missions involved, AWACS and refuellers also play a major part in these exercises, I read somewhere that JF-17 is not compatible to the NATO data link systems etc. This particular Red Flag is a little more than the usual as the Americans wanted to check their best against the best air forces from around the globe, hence PAF participating with it's Block-52s to take on the likes of F-22 and F-35, which incidentally is participating for the first time.

OOPs I am colour blind

I think there is a difference between the two.. Red flag is more comprehensive and covers almost all aspects of combat in a realist combat scernerio..

Green flag is more like a2g or a2a etc sort of ex..
@gambit. Would know more about it.

Back
Top Bottom