What's new

PAF to add 63 JF-17, 35 Jf-17 block 2 and 28 Block 3

I could be wrong...I am assuming that block 3 frame will be slightly larger than block 2 and with more composite material to make it lighter, better avionics, Engine and AESA radar. I think PAF would like to incorporate some tech from J-10C and J-31 into JF-17 block 3.

First prototype will be build in 2019, since block 3 will be a major upgrade to block 2, it will go through all the basic tests including structure, flight qualities, performance and engine flight testing. If the second and third prototype are build than they will go through further testing including comprehensive avionics flight testing, also detail operational evaluation of the aircraft before it goes into production. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

I think unless the OP can provide a reputable source to back this up this thread should be closed. Its based on a nonvarifiable source and is inherently weak.
A

No, PAF has stated it will stick with the RD-93s
No one in their right mind will abandon a seasoned supplier with a matured product for an untested and immature product. I have the utmost of respect for Chinese hard work and endeavours in all industrial ventures, but they have not yet crossed the threshold to become reliable suppliers of jet engines.
A

Last edited:
http://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17-Thunder-Block-2/1542

Photo-1542.jpg

7th jf sqn ceremony date??

@ 8:53, 7 sqn in paf so which is the 7th one ??

2, 14, 16, 26, ccs and 28 , ??
Program from September 2018 and 7 th sqn conversion had started with a flight of 4-6 ??

7th jf sqn ceremony date??

@ 8:53, 7 sqn in paf so which is the 7th one ??

2, 14, 16, 26, ccs and 28 , ??
Program from September 2018 and 7 th sqn conversion had started with a flight of 4-6 ??

Are all Q5 gone, or some of them are still maintained for some special mission ?

Moderate pace of modernization , back in 2007 people expected by 2015 we would have a fleet of 200-250 JF17 Thunders , and clearly we are not any where near that figure and it is 2019

In 2014 we opted to not induct 36 J10B

Financial crunch and slow production resulted in only about 100+ Units so far
Unclear if we are at 118 Thunders or 125 thunders count

Now with talks of Project Azm , many will debate if we will ever get to 200 JF17 figures as mor emphasis will go to the new Project

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom