What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

Aoa all

This post is in reference to the ongoing debacle that PAF also shot down a Su 30MKI in Feb 27 engagement.

The following is the link to a video uploaded on Pakistan Defence fb page

There is also evidence that W/C Abhinandan was a Su 30 MKI pilot.
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/watch-old...man-where-he-talks-about-ethics-forces-792804

What I would like to add to the whole talk is following

1. In the video released by Pakistan right before the release of W/C Abhinandan, around the 00:06 mark, the wing commander says he was looking for ground targets. Now IAF uses mig 21 mainly as an interceptor aircraft. Why would a Mig 21 pilot be looking for ground targets when there was a strong force of PAF fighters about engage him or headed towards him.

2. IAF in its press brief itself said that their response package included Su 30 MKI and Mig 21. If we say that maybe there was an important ground target in context of the situation such as a SAM site, wouldn't it be probably countered by a Su 30 with much advanced weapons system than a mig 21.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...my-brigade-hq-on-wednesday-1466667-2019-02-27

3. If true this should also be noticed
https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/screenshot_2019-03-01-23-53-42-png.543474/

4. I also think that the crash of the Indian Mi 17 was not a co incidence. In the video below if you watch till 00:40 atleast, u will see the wreckage is spread over a wide area, and the tail is completely broken off and at a small distance than the rest of the crash (in the puddle). This does not suggest a normal crash rather a hit by a missile.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dz7UJr0LABU

5. I can't find the videos right now but if i do ill add them as well. But i remember a couple of videos" one in which the local said that 1 parachute was on our side of the mountain and other one was on the other side of the mountain (pahaar ka parli taraf). This implies atleast 2 pilots who ejected.

6. If a mig 21 and a su 30 MKI was shot it totals 3 pilots. Initial reports said that PAF shot 2 IAF jets: captured 2 pilots and 1 was missing. If we think that the immediate reports were true and were later altered support 1 mig 21 and 1 su 30MKI claim.

I believe that in reality a lot more happened on Feb 27 than what IAF(to save humiliation of losing a Su 30 MKI either to a F 16 or a JF 17) and PAF(To prevent thawing relations with Russia) are telling us. Its possible that the MKI landed in IOK and the indians were quick to cordon off the area and prevent and images from leaking.

What do you people think. Would appreciate any type of input.

Thank you

I will wait buddy. But do keep in mind, this same airforce you are mocking went 80km inside your country and bombed KPK. You didn't had to wait too long, isnt? Its more thrilling than anything for an Indian, I guess.
Considering that it takes 4 minutes to travel that far at jet attack speeds; it is common; as recently as syria incursions have gone as far as 150km with many more assets in the air on defense.

The bigger issue here is, introspectively Indian public needs to look at the current lambs(I would use a more disparaging term with the way the press conference went) leading its lions.

Supposedly having more assets and more advanced ones at that per all the Indian netizens claims and so on, all the foriegn exersizes and knowledge exchanges so far, all the claims of battle preparedness so far; pilots like Abhinandan should not have been sent out there (and as we maintain on our side another jet) and found themselves at a disadvantage.

From a detached observers PoV, the IAF I was hyping up in my mind has been deflated quite a bit- less so of the equipment, more so due to the performance. I am not discounting the common IAF warrior, but I do think a deep persual of the current military and political leadership of India would be in order by those who have independent thought over there.

I checked the serial number of that missile...it's Taiwanese contract. These guys are bullshitting to save face...like how they claimed we retreated from Doklam. Any blind guy can just switch on Google maps and see Chinese bases there. It seems they can't lose anything. Remember the claim of killing 300 Chinese near Nathula? LOL
But But But remember a single Indian killed 7 billion Pakistanis 12 billion Chinese in the mountains and in 1983 became superpower by 2012

Twin engined first jet single engine second jet

upload_2019-3-2_12-54-22.png

Shenyang-J-31-Stealth-Fighter.gif

It seems FC31 to me. its single engine, JF or F16.

Believe me there is a lot more to come out, PAF Boys hit them hard....shock and awe was in it's element.
But PAF has to check thier ground radars, how come 12 or 8 IAF reached to balakot in the night Thts the biggest of the concerns but why not PAF deployed ground to air long range missile up untill now evn the OBL raid happened just under thier noses?
I don't think u ill be agreeing that we hve upgraded our thunders nearly to the F16s in terms of BVR capabilities and armaments

Aoa all

This post is in reference to the ongoing debacle that PAF also shot down a Su 30MKI in Feb 27 engagement.

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/watch-old...man-where-he-talks-about-ethics-forces-792804

1. In the video released by Pakistan right before the release of W/C Abhinandan, around the 00:06 mark, the wing commander says he was looking for ground targets. Now IAF uses mig 21 mainly as an interceptor aircraft. Why would a Mig 21 pilot be looking for ground targets when there was a strong force of PAF fighters about engage him or headed towards him.

2. IAF in its press brief itself said that their response package included Su 30 MKI and Mig 21. If we say that maybe there was an important ground target in context of the situation such as a SAM site, wouldn't it be probably countered by a Su 30 with much advanced weapons system than a mig 21.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...my-brigade-hq-on-wednesday-1466667-2019-02-27

4. I also think that the crash of the Indian Mi 17 was not a co incidence. In the video below if you watch till 00:40 atleast, u will see the wreckage is spread over a wide area, and the tail is completely broken off and at a small distance than the rest of the crash (in the puddle). This does not suggest a normal crash rather a hit by a missile.

5. I can't find the videos right now but if i do ill add them as well. But i remember a couple of videos" one in which the local said that 1 parachute was on our side of the mountain and other one was on the other side of the mountain (pahaar ka parli taraf). This implies atleast 2 pilots who ejected.

6. If a mig 21 and a su 30 MKI was shot it totals 3 pilots. Initial reports said that PAF shot 2 IAF jets: captured 2 pilots and 1 was missing. If we think that the immediate reports were true and were later altered support 1 mig 21 and 1 su 30MKI claim.

I believe that in reality a lot more happened on Feb 27 than what IAF(to save humiliation of losing a Su 30 MKI either to a F 16 or a JF 17) and PAF(To prevent thawing relations with Russia) are telling us. Its possible that the MKI landed in IOK and the indians were quick to cordon off the area and prevent and images from leaking.

Thank you

The captured dude was Bison pilot. This is undisputed, we have his papers and they have been posted.

The evidence that a Flanker went down is that Pakistan was, as you said, looking for three pilots at first as well as the fact that eyewitnesses reported seeing two pilots eject out of an aircraft (as shown in one video uploaded here).

I have a lot of the videos downloaded in case they get/got removed, but for some reason I can't upload them. I would also recommend anyone else keeps an offline record of all documentation in case it starts getting removed.

Aoa all

Thank you

Firstly, the documents that PAF got out from Abhi show that his S/N of his aircraft was CU2328, which you can check from Scramble website's database, it matches with Indian Mig-21 Bison.

1. He made no mention of 'ground' targets anywhere, he simply said 'targets'.

2. They were sent for interception.

4. ISPR denied link to it.

5. Yes, that is true, I have it. The person who caught Abhi said that he saw three parachutes go off, 1 landed towards them while the other 2 drifted off the other side of border in IOK. So definitely IAF pilots unless now Indians want to say PAF pilots are in IOK.

Pakistan Air Force did shoot down two jets, one was the Mig-21 Bison and the other was the SU-30MKI two seater flanker, and that's where they got the AMRAAM wreckage from. For reference, during a NATO exercise, a Spanish jet accidentally fired a AMRAAM missile, NATO spent 3 months trying to find it and couldn't find the missile. So for IAF to claim they found it within 24 hours, or that it was used for ground targets (it's an Air-to-Air missile, cannot be used for ground targets) is bullshit, they know it and they know it very well what they lost.

I agree to the point that destroyed heli was destroyed in air and with big bang, which suggest a missile hit.
It was not simple crash landing.

Firstly, the documents that PAF got out from Abhi show that his S/N of his aircraft was CU2328, which you can check from Scramble website's database, it matches with Indian Mig-21 Bison.

1. He made no mention of 'ground' targets anywhere, he simply said 'targets'.

2. They were sent for interception.

4. ISPR denied link to it.

5. Yes, that is true, I have it. The person who caught Abhi said that he saw three parachutes go off, 1 landed towards them while the other 2 drifted off the other side of border in IOK. So definitely IAF pilots unless now Indians want to say PAF pilots are in IOK.

Pakistan Air Force did shoot down two jets, one was the Mig-21 Bison and the other was the SU-30MKI two seater flanker, and that's where they got the AMRAAM wreckage from. For reference, during a NATO exercise, a Spanish jet accidentally fired a AMRAAM missile, NATO spent 3 months trying to find it and couldn't find the missile. So for IAF to claim they found it within 24 hours, or that it was used for ground targets (it's an Air-to-Air missile, cannot be used for ground targets) is bullshit, they know it and they know it very well what they lost.

1. Sorry, I misheard.

2. Agreed they were sent for interception. I meant that during the engagement if they recieved threat from a SAM site they adapted. But its highly improbable, since SAMS are not so close to border and usually used to defend strategic sites rather than the border.

4. Yes they denied it but I don't completely think that ISPR is giving out the full info.

5. If possible please upload the video.

The captured dude was Bison pilot. This is undisputed, we have his papers and they have been posted.

The evidence that a Flanker went down is that Pakistan was, as you said, looking for three pilots at first as well as the fact that eyewitnesses reported seeing two pilots eject out of an aircraft (as shown in one video uploaded here).

I have a lot of the videos downloaded in case they get/got removed, but for some reason I can't upload them. I would also recommend anyone else keeps an offline record of all documentation in case it starts getting removed.

1 - What we shown is the "papers of a pilot" who ejected. One that could well have been sent to a hospital where he then "expired". Those papers were not necessairly those that belong to "Abhi"

2 - We have reports of three parachutes which indicates between 2 and 3 IAF planes were shot down depending on them being single or dual seaters.

3 - We had a Su30MKI pilot in capativity as proven through videos in 2011 when we was a Su30MKI pilot.

4 - Is the flight suit that Abhi was wearing that of a Su30MKI or a Mig21!!!!

5 - The career transition of most pilots in most air arms is to go from lower tier aircraft like Mig21s, to M2000/Mig29 and then to Su30. At stage they either progress or "get stuck at a tier" if they cannot demonstrate growth an ability. It is odd to send a fighter pilot the "other way" of operating a lower tier aircraft once he has mastered a higher tier aircraft. Imagine the amount of training you need to provide for a Su30MKI pilot so that he can get the best out of his aircraft. Then think about the training you need to get the best out of Mig21. Think of how much money and training you are throwing away by moving a pilot from a Su30MKI to a Mig21. It won't happen !!!

Its like suggesting that a PAF F16 pilot will go back to piloting an F7. Not gonna happen. The career path in the PAF is F7->Mirage3/5 to JF17 or F16. Once the pilot is ready to take on responsibility, he will move to a lower tier in a leadership position and then move up the tiers as a leader again. At this point, chances are his flying career will be over and it will be a desk/management position.

Abhi was a Su30MKI rider, and the wreckage we have seen is of the expired Mig21 pilot. PAF is sparing India her blushes and lookign to stop it escalating any further.

Modi gone mad thinks procurement of fighter jet and getting them operational is like tea making if IAF procure rafale today would take them Atleast 1yr for getting operational. Pak can procure J10C with PL15 and AESA r enough to deal with rafale threat.
Why cann't JF-17s with PL15 and AESA deal with rafale threat?

And the mighty SU30 MKI fighter plane was supposed to be the best fighter plane in south asia, now the bharti airforce is placing its bets on Rafale, PAF will have another state of art warplane to deal with the threat.

Block 52s are better than MKIs.

i think paf should directly go to fifth gen jet from china to stay ahead of iaf

Thunders, Snowy Owls and Project Azm. That's the long term game plan. Once the war in Afghanistan cools down, F-35s may also be on the table.

In all seriousness though, I'm going to miss those Mirages. The little buggers have been with us for a while and have proved their potency.

1 - What we shown is the "papers of a pilot" who ejected. One that could well have been sent to a hospital where he then "expired". Those papers were not necessairly those that belong to "Abhi"

Someone should look into that, because I've heard claims from both sides about who the papers belong to. I'm inclined to the theory that they are Abhi's though.

@Bilal Khan 777 @Windjammer @Dazzler

2 - We have reports of three parachutes which indicates between 2 and 3 IAF planes were shot down depending on them being single or dual seaters.

Only 2 fighters went down as per ISPR, so the 2nd one is probably a dual seater.

3 - We had a Su30MKI pilot in capativity as proven through videos in 2011 when we was a Su30MKI pilot.

He got transferred to a Bison, a quick googling of his serial number confirms this as per members from other threads.

4 - Is the flight suit that Abhi was wearing that of a Su30MKI or a Mig21!!!!

Again, someone should look into that.

5 - The career transition of most pilots in most air arms is to go from lower tier aircraft like Mig21s, to M2000/Mig29 and then to Su30.

Apparently, he was transferred to a Bison because he personally admired the aircraft more.

Why cann't JF-17s with PL15 and AESA deal with rafale threat?

They can, but a 5th gen aircraft would be better.

Don't worry about the Rafales, they're a redundant purchase as 5th gen aircraft will soon be entering the game.

Where is this AMRAAM come from ?

Either taken from Taiwan or a Viper fired it from the other side of the LOC.

Connect the Dots :: Indian Air Force SU30 MKI Shot down by Pakistan Air Force - Series of reporting

What do you think?

Two Thunders, not a Flanker. It's too small to be a Flanker and looks nothing like one. The video is just poor quality, hence why it looks like it has two engines.

A more high-quality variant is buzzing around everywhere, just google "Pakistani F-16s found" and you will see it.

Back
Top Bottom