What's new

PAF receives first batch of F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

I really get confused by you guys about the F-16. On the one hand there are threads like this that seem to be excited about receiving USA made F-16's and Pakistan participation in Red Flag. On the other hand there are threads in which Pakistanis say Pakistan should shun USA equipment and concentrate on Chinese planes. If the PAF could choose freely, without cost or politics being considerations, any fighters in the world to build a dozen squadrons, what would they choose?

I really get confused by you guys about the F-16. On the one hand there are threads like this that seem to be excited about receiving USA made F-16's and Pakistan participation in Red Flag. On the other hand there are threads in which Pakistanis say Pakistan should shun USA equipment and concentrate on Chinese planes. If the PAF could choose freely, without cost or politics being considerations, any fighters in the world to build a dozen squadrons, what would they choose?
Actually those who say we should shun US equipment say this because they are afraid of getting back stabbed again by US. You guys didn't deliver the F16s we paid for.

:pakistan: :usflag:

Pakistan has sizable F-16 Fleet.Our funds are limited so all we can do is increase the number of f-16's until we have the funds to buy new type of air craft because it costs a lot of money in logistics etc.If they were to retire F-16 and has plenty of options then i am sure they would go for European Fighter such as Eurofighter/Rafale.In fact PAF has evaluated Rafale but short on $$$.I doubt they would choose American fighter again(unless USA Offers stealth fighter) if relations and $$ is no issue.European Fighters are just as good as American but they charge premium.

There is more than one Pakistani.

And hence there is more than one opinion :-)

As for the question you conclude with, long term, I think Pakistan must have a measure of self reliance that prevents it from ever facing the situation it did post Pressler. That alone prevents us from considering technical factors only.

Also, if you think on a 10-30 year scale, China is going to get there with its technology. And, as has been proven time and again, we tend to work well with the Chinese.

Based on the two truths referenced above, I think the F-16 might be the last front-line western platform in our inventory for a long time. It's a wonderful aircraft, but between our need for self-reliance and "China getting there", I don't see how it could be otherwise.

Do you disagree?

goo news for Pakistan

well now India has to think about it

how will India balance f16 strength in paf

Pakistan 4 f-16's will land tomorrow

I was listening interview of retired Vice chief of air staff (sadly i forgot his name) which was coming live at 7:45 pm on Duniya news in which he said that Pakistan f-16's will arrive tomorrow

ANY ADDITION IS WELCOME ADDITION IN PAF, CONSIDERING WHAT WE WILL FACE IN FUTURE. :pakistan:

Do not get confused.
1)We do not want to buy from someone which have decieved us earlier.
2)But we want technology on the other hand.

so these are the two opinions.
:pakistan::pakistan:

There is no offical news as of yet people we just have to wait and see inshallah .

wel india dont need to balance the power of 4 f16's with 200 MKI r 126 MRCA but pakistan av to counter the threat of more 200 mki 126 mrca 51 mirage-2000 60 mig29 jaguar and other typ of air crafts

wel india dont need to balance the power of 4 f16's with 200 MKI r 126 MRCA but pakistan av to counter the threat of more 200 mki 126 mrca 51 mirage-2000 60 mig29 jaguar and other typ of air crafts

Haters always talk trash.. let them talk haha cry babies always crying and peeing there paints ... :lol:

Pakistan Air Force All Set to Get Four Upgraded F-16s on Saturday
24 June, 2010 12:20:00 Dinesh Singh - Rawat

Pakistan Air Force All Set to Get Four Upgraded F-16s on Saturday Islamabad (ABC Live): US in continuing its policy of Stick in One hand and Cake in another, all set to deliver the first four of 18 upgraded F-16s to Pakistan.

Islamabad (ABC Live): US in continuing its policy of Stick in One hand and Cake in another, all set to deliver the first four of 18 upgraded F-16s to Pakistan.

As per information upgraded F-16s with capability to conduct night operations and use precision-guided munitions will arrive at Shahbaz airbase in Jacobabad on Saturday.

The delivery of all 18 52 F-16s ordered by Pakistan will be completed by the end of 2010.

The sources also confirmed that Pakistan is negotiating with the US to purchase another 14 new F-16s.

Four of the 45 old F-16s are currently being upgraded and they will be ready in a couple of months.

http://abclive.in/abclive_global/pakistan_air_force_52_f-16s.html

according to dunya tv news the f-16 have landed at minhase airbase and the official induction cermony will be held on saturday if gen david petreaus could make it there as gen macrystal busted out

:victory::victory::victory::victory:

Back
Top Bottom