What's new

PAF receives first batch of F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

PAF to Get Four F-16 Block-52 Aircraft Tomorrow

Pakistan Air Forces is all set to receive four latest F-16 Block 52 jets from US at Shahbaz Airbase tomorrow.

US will deliver 18 F-16 jets to Pakistan and four of them will reach Shahbaz Airbase, Jacobabad tomorrow.

Shahbaz Airbase has been converted into latest operational airbase before arrival of these jets. Eight pilots of PAF have already completed their F-16 training in US.

Sources said that US is also providing additional technical assistance to PAF regarding F-16 jets. The addition of these jets would boost the operational capabilities of the air force.

Pakistan to Get Four F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

I am damn waiting for see then loaded with CFTs other wise i will cry.

I told u few days ago that in this we will get F-16Block52. And we have recieved 3. 5 will be coming in next one and half month. Another good newz is that we are getting all 18 this year and negotitiation for 14 more in next year is on way. :)

But I think these are without CFT.s

Source
3 F-16 fighter planes to be inducted in PAF fleet Tomorrow

Three F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets would be inducted in the Pakistan Air Force flee tomorrow (Saturday) for ensuring the country's defense and security. US would formally hand over these jets at a ceremony to be held on Sunday.
Defense authorities on Friday told that in the first phase US would hand over 3 F-16 Block C fighter jets to Pakistan that would be equipped with latest weapons and technology and a formal handing over ceremony in this regard would be held on Sunday.
Pakistani pilots would fly the three F-16 fighter jets from America. In the second phase Five F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets would be handed over to Pakistan in one and a half month. While overall a total of 18 fighter jets would be inducted in the PAF fleet by this year end.
The officials told that talks are on with US authorities for another 14 F16 Block 52 C jets and we are optimistic that US would provide us with these jets. After the induction of 18 F-16 Block C Jets the PAF fleet of F-16s would swell to 63.
The officials told that the fighter jets are equipped with modern technology and 8 Pakistani pilots have gotten special training from US to fly these planes. The planes are also equipped with BVR missile and electronic jammers, laser guided bombs and night attack
The officials further told that PAF would fulfill its defense needs to ensure an impregnable defense of the country and fight against terrorism and country's defense capability would be substantially enhanced with the induction of these jets.
Defence sources also informed that these fighter planes will be kept at Shahbaz Airbase, which has been turned into a formal operation base, and Pakistan will utilize these planes for its operational objectives.

PAF F-16 fleet.

45 old, all will refurbished to block 52 till 2012.
18 New Bllock 52, Coming this year.
PAF purchase 26 used, all will refurbished to block 52 till 2012.
14 New Block 52, Negotitations on way

Total will be around 103

I told u few days ago that in this we will get F-16Block52. And we have recieved 3. 5 will be coming in next one and half month. Another good newz is that we are getting all 18 this year and negotitiation for 14 more in next year is on way. :)

But I think these are without CFT.s

Mzubair its very confusing regarding CFTS
Me,black blood and danger zone had a lot of discussion regarding that in another thread ~3months ago.Actually CFTS are a part of block 52+ aircrafts not simple block50/52 and its still not confirmed that either PAF is getting block 52 or 52+ that makes it bit confusing

But my confusion was solved to some extent when i red an interview of ACM where he mentioned CFTS along with f-16's , in which he also mentioned these CFTS will reduce maneuverability and increase rcs and will only be used when utmost required.
This statement give a hint that our f-16's are coming with CFTS but ALLAH knows best

Also this confirms it ,it might help you and Imran bhai also

Altough it is about the deal which was original signed for 36 f-16 but number reduced to 18 but the related equipmet remain same
Paf f-16 deal
Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s - $3 billion

The package for Pakistan's new F-16s also includes:
36 F-16C/D Block 50/52 aircraft with either the F100-PW-229 or F110-GE-129 Increased Performance Engines (IPEs) and APG-68(V)9 radars;
7 spare F100-PW-229 IPE or F110-GE-129 IPE engines;
7 spare APG-68(V)9 radar sets;
36 Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS);
36 AN/ARC-238 SINCGARS radios with HAVE QUICK I/II;
36 Conformal Fuel Tanks (pairs) that fit along the aircraft's sides to give them extra range;
36 Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals; DID has covered the tactical uses of MIDS-LVT Link 16 systems;
36 Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation Systems;
36 APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Systems;
36 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suites without Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or AN/ALQ-184 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-131 Electronic Counter Measures pod without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-187 Advanced Self-Protection Integrated Suites without DRFM; or AN/ALQ-178 Self-Protection Electronic Warfare Suites without DRFM;
1 Unit Level Trainer;

Source:http://www.f-16.net/news_article1878.html

Last edited:
Why to open another thread when couple of them are already existing , with same news posted in them as u posted here

Moderator merge this thread

PAF F-16 fleet.

Total will be around 103

upgrading will start from later this year so i dont think all old f-16s will be ready by 2012 and btw only 28 orignal f-16s will be upgraded for now...though PAF has a option to upgrade the rest too..
and refurbishement will bring these old ones close to blk 52 standards but not exactly blk 52

upgrading will start from later this year so i dont think all old f-16s will be ready by 2012 and btw only 28 orignal f-16s will be upgraded for now...though PAF has a option to upgrade the rest too..
and refurbishement will bring these old ones close to blk 52 standards but not exactly blk 52

Not 28, because PAF bought 45 STAR Structure kits earlier along with order of these 18 F-16s and when they bought 500 missiles.

Total deal was valued at 5 billion, and 45 kits, would help upgrade all of original f-16s. Original 32 must be upgraded so as to increase life to 8000 flying hours.

well rubbish order of 5 billions waste of money better got 50 F 15 with this money or may be 30 anyway only 18 brand new we get

PAF F-16 fleet.

Total will be around 103

Is there a source for the 26 used planes??? purchase ? Kindly ?
that is totally new to me :pop:

US to deliver 3 F-16s to Pakistan today[

34131_1463511980867_1025517435_1385271_3040335_n.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The US Air Force is set to deliver the first batch of 18 new F-16 fighting falcon jet fighters to the Pakistan Air Force in a sign of deepening relations between the United States and Pakistan, claimed a press release issued by the US embassy on Friday. Three F-16s are scheduled to arrive in Pakistan on June 26, with 15 more to be delivered later this year and the next, said US Air Force Major Todd Robbins, the Pakistan country director in the US office of the undersecretary of the Air Force for international affairs. “This is the most visible part of a strong and growing relationship between the two air forces that will benefit us, both in the near term and long term,” Robbins said. staff report.

NewsImage_21709.jpg

:pakistan::usflag:

Are those the ones with extra fuel tank over the wings? like in 2nd pic?

Last edited:
Yes, those are called CFT's.According to sources at pakdef.info they wont be used regularly because they put a strain on maneuverability of air craft therefore they will be used in specialized strike missions only.

Back
Top Bottom