What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

1669104018780.png

tbh I'd keep a close eye on Baykar Group. They're working on a twin-engine version of their Kizilelma UCAV. I think, at that point, you're entering manned fighter territory from a design complexity standpoint. This wouldn't be surprising either. Turkey lost out on the F-35B, but it still wants a complete maritime air warfare capability consisting of a manned fighter. TAI's doing some experimental stuff with the Hurjet, but I doubt that the Hurjet as-is would meet Turkey's needs.

I feel that Baykar Group could stealthily be working on a manned medium-weight fighter. I've taken some long shots before, e.g., seeing VLS on the PN MILGEM (done), pursuing a 3,000-ton-ish frigate (Jinnah-class), and an original LRMPA like Swordfish (Sea Sultan). But there were some signs pointing towards those outcomes. I see similar signs with Baykar Group working on its own manned fighter -- and, hear me out, I think the PAF could already be involved.

There's silence about AZM, but I don't think the energy for an original NGFA has gone away. Except now, I think the PAF could be directing it towards another original project, but with a capable partner with similar goals. The successor of the JF-17 could very well be in the works... but in the offices of a private Turkish company.
Possible, bcuz TFX is heavy fighter and PAf do need light 5th fighter too in future or can get J35 PAF variant

F-100 was a front runner due to commonality with the F-16. The GE motor is also a front runner for the same reason because TuAF is familiar with the cores of both engines.

The XF-9 is an unknown quantity to me.
The AL-31 is very unlikely especially after Ukraine conflict.

I find the WS-10 unlikely as well - although it is possible that if Turkey designs a jet for Pakistan that may come with it - maybe a long derivative of TFx but not TFX itself.
From Russia AL 41 have more chances then Al 31, why Turkish will go for old one when new is already in use by russia

Guys ... acn you stop discussing impossible Russian or Ukrainian engine choices for the TFX in this thread? It's totally irrelevant

Yep, and it's worth remembering the Turkish Navy wanted the F-35B. So, there's an avenue for another fighter. However, it wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being a private sector project led by Baykar Group. They're taking point on developing air warfare solutions for the Turkish Navy, e.g., UAVs and UCAVs.

So, this work may evolve into a full-out NGFA. However, doing it for just 2-3 squadrons in the Turkish Navy isn't economical, so a large-scale requirement from either the Turkish Air Force or an outsider (e.g., the PAF) would be key.
PAF is already engage with TAI, so PAF requirements will also limited in numbers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom