What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

That is their inferiority complex speaking. I was going to write something else but thought it better that we ignore them and instead concentrate on getting ourselves more stronger.
Our weakest link remains our fragile economy and low reserves which will not allow us any lee way unless we rectify it. We need to put our heads down and concentrate on economic build up for the next 5-10 years. Till such time that we do so we will remain vulnerable to external pressures.
A
Solution is simple
Exports
SBP indepedence(Free rupee without intervention)
Dams and local power house

Something we have failed to do for a simple reason..

Dubai and london approach

The two major parties that have remained in power and will remain in power have decided that they want pakistan to be a trading country like dubai & london rather then a manufacturing power house like korea, vietnam and now bengladesh

Screenshot_2022-03-13-22-35-20-46.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-13-22-33-54-36.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-13-22-33-44-82.jpg

Can someone ID the correct engine model and variant! @Deino

Lets not concentrate on their woes. We have got plenty of our own and we need some serious focused attention on them. Lets sort our own problems out and leave them to sort their own out
Regards

Pakistan really need to sort out its political difference and have clear 15 year economic plan. After the current situation in ukraine, it needs to find new markets in central asia and asean, and try to keep distance from globalization as much as it can. Because the best weapon of west is now financial sanctions. So Pakistan need to learn fast and adapt.

PLAAF will have its own jammers which would be equally capable. If needed we will have the capability to do so in house.
However with hardware from multiple vendors it sometimes becomes problematic to use the hardware to their best capability. So there may have been a prudent decision to not do so.
Is aselpod superior to chinese alternative?

Sure, but that advantage goes away the minute you start hanging missiles and fuel tanks outside. As much as I mock su-57 for not being a true 5th generation aircraft, it's RCS will be an order of magnitude lower than any aircraft carrying missiles externally

Right now, there are basically 4 places you can buy weapons from: US, Europe, Russia and China. India can buy the latest/greatest from Europe and Russia, but not from US/China. With India continuing to stay neutral in the Ukraine conflict, it would be very hard for me to see US providing the latest military hardware like F-35 to India. I think India have seen what it takes to have access to F-35 and other similarly advanced American weapons. You have to be at least 90% aligned with America on foreign adventures and give up your operation sovereignty to America. I don't think it makes sense for India to do that in the long term if it wants to be a respected super power. As such, it just needs to bite the bullet for a good number of years and continue to develop its military industrial complex. Handing money off to the Russians to locally produce MKI was not good for India's domestic industry. Handing more money off to the Russians for the pretense of cooperating on a 5th generation aircraft is not good for India. The result of that is what you have right now.

I think there is no realistic path for India to obtain real 5th generation aircraft capability for the rest of this decade. So, it should spend the minimum money possible on buying more aircraft in the class of Rafale or F-15E or typhoon. Don't worry about locally producing and such. Just buy what you need to meet basic defense need. You are never going to develop a competitive local industry by license producing 2nd tier aircraft from other countries. All that does it drive up cost per aircraft. They need to work spend as much money on MCA development as possible. Spend more money with Safran to develop the next generation engine for MCA. If we get to 2030 and they still don't have 5th generation aircraft, then buying from one of the European projects like the tempest would be the best option. At least with that, they can get an aircraft that in theory is better than the present day version of f35 and j20. India might not get that until late 2030s though. If Russia ever gets su57 development finished, that's the other 2030 option for iaf. But I must warn you rather whether china sells paf j20 or fc31, both aircraft will have stealth and sensor advantage over su57.

In the end, India needs to develop its own 5th gen aircraft. There is no reason it should take longer to do it than turkey.

You have to understand that India is in a terrible position militarily right now. 15 years ago, it could hang its hope on having a more powerful flanker than China. Right now, China has 3 times the number of J-20s as India has with Rafale. And the gap between PLAAF and IAF will continue to increase over the next 10 years. Not only that, the 2nd best systems that China can supply to PAF will be increasingly more advanced than the latest hardware they can get from Western countries. They have no choice but to hope that Rafale can beat J-20 and Su-30MKI can beat J-16/J-10C.

Seeing the current situation of IAF, I have to admire PAF has done a tremendous job in modernizing its fleet. And China had been to Pakistan what US is just to israel. Given that Pak establishment is now very much in chinese camp, its very assuring that future of Paf and pak military is very promising. The only vulnerability is now the economy and political instability.

For IAF you rightly said money cant solve all your problems.

Sure, but that advantage goes away the minute you start hanging missiles and fuel tanks outside. As much as I mock su-57 for not being a true 5th generation aircraft, it's RCS will be an order of magnitude lower than any aircraft carrying missiles externally

Right now, there are basically 4 places you can buy weapons from: US, Europe, Russia and China. India can buy the latest/greatest from Europe and Russia, but not from US/China. With India continuing to stay neutral in the Ukraine conflict, it would be very hard for me to see US providing the latest military hardware like F-35 to India. I think India have seen what it takes to have access to F-35 and other similarly advanced American weapons. You have to be at least 90% aligned with America on foreign adventures and give up your operation sovereignty to America. I don't think it makes sense for India to do that in the long term if it wants to be a respected super power. As such, it just needs to bite the bullet for a good number of years and continue to develop its military industrial complex. Handing money off to the Russians to locally produce MKI was not good for India's domestic industry. Handing more money off to the Russians for the pretense of cooperating on a 5th generation aircraft is not good for India. The result of that is what you have right now.

I think there is no realistic path for India to obtain real 5th generation aircraft capability for the rest of this decade. So, it should spend the minimum money possible on buying more aircraft in the class of Rafale or F-15E or typhoon. Don't worry about locally producing and such. Just buy what you need to meet basic defense need. You are never going to develop a competitive local industry by license producing 2nd tier aircraft from other countries. All that does it drive up cost per aircraft. They need to work spend as much money on MCA development as possible. Spend more money with Safran to develop the next generation engine for MCA. If we get to 2030 and they still don't have 5th generation aircraft, then buying from one of the European projects like the tempest would be the best option. At least with that, they can get an aircraft that in theory is better than the present day version of f35 and j20. India might not get that until late 2030s though. If Russia ever gets su57 development finished, that's the other 2030 option for iaf. But I must warn you rather whether china sells paf j20 or fc31, both aircraft will have stealth and sensor advantage over su57.

In the end, India needs to develop its own 5th gen aircraft. There is no reason it should take longer to do it than turkey.

You have to understand that India is in a terrible position militarily right now. 15 years ago, it could hang its hope on having a more powerful flanker than China. Right now, China has 3 times the number of J-20s as India has with Rafale. And the gap between PLAAF and IAF will continue to increase over the next 10 years. Not only that, the 2nd best systems that China can supply to PAF will be increasingly more advanced than the latest hardware they can get from Western countries. They have no choice but to hope that Rafale can beat J-20 and Su-30MKI can beat J-16/J-10C.
India isn't China's arch rival, but it's US/NATO/AUKUS. So comparing China's military assets with India is counterintuitive. India is a distraction for China created by the US, like Ukraine to Russia for example. And with world's highest mountain ranges in between both the countries, the chances of full scale China Vs India war are minimal.

Is aselpod superior to chinese alternative?
I am not sure. So you may have to ask a professional. But the point regarding potential problems with integration remains. We do not know how much autonomy PAF has in this regards.
A

Seeing the current situation of IAF, I have to admire PAF has done a tremendous job in modernizing its fleet. And China had been to Pakistan what US is just to israel. Given that Pak establishment is now very much in chinese camp, its very assuring that future of Paf and pak military is very promising. The only vulnerability is now the economy and political instability.

For IAF you rightly said money cant solve all your problems.
I agree with Paf part of your post brother, but don't agree with PAK China relationship compared as US Israeli one. First we are very important to the world specially to China and then west. Israel is bastard child of west and they keep supporting them with everything, without them Israel is nothing , it will drown in arbs piss.
We need to come out of this mentality that we need godfather all the time no we don't, it's other way around Allah has given us some sort of special powers that if we go against any superpower we will manage to break it apart and history supports this claim, we make and break superpowers. Without our help and input China will be stuck and they know it. But its in our benefit to stay in alliance with China. Russia has realised soon US will realise aswell but its already too late for them. Don't put yourself down.

I agree with Paf part of your post brother, but don't agree with PAK China relationship compared as US Israeli one. First we are very important to the world specially to China and then west. Israel is bastard child of west and they keep supporting them with everything, without them Israel is nothing , it will drown in arbs piss.
We need to come out of this mentality that we need godfather all the time no we don't, it's other way around Allah has given us some sort of special powers that if we go against any superpower we will manage to break it apart and history supports this claim, we make and break superpowers. Without our help and input China will be stuck and they know it. But its in our benefit to stay in alliance with China. Russia has realised soon US will realise aswell but its already too late for them. Don't put yourself down.

Look at the history (military only) and compare it with israel. It has given you its best jet and there are already talks of J-20 for PAF. Its like giving F-22 to Israel air force. (Has it happened or even is there discussion?)

You definitely needs to come out of this illusion that Pak destroyed or broke Soviet Union. You were the font man of the west. (CIA training, Saudi Funding, Afghan Men and US weapons.) What did Pak got, at most nuke at the cost of Kalashnikov and refugees.

Secondly China has become where it is on its OWN with sheer hard work and being peaceful and minding their own business. The only thing that Pak did was arranging a meeting between US and China. If you think Pak is so blessed why didn't it develop and become a powerhouse of its own. Instead it lost 70k people, insecurity and 20 precious years. Now if you think Pak defeated US in afghanistan, but you should look at the cost and more importantly where are other countries now as compared to 20 year ago such as bangladesh.

TVC? I asked for complete model and variant.
Dont know why this question is being asked every now and than. Its annoying.
Hey jus chill! don't overreact. I just wanna know they are TVC capable or not because PAF promo video displayed a Chinese jet with TVC specific maneuvers. So that clip created some confusion if PAF J-10CPs can do the same or not!

Back
Top Bottom