What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The train has left for good.

what i was saying that after 54+6 J10CP there is still room for 1 x sqn worth of aircraft. it will not be J10CP

Some posters are indicating that a western Aircraft may be joining PAF and F-16 new or used is only logical option if things go good between US and Pakistan.

Its a very interesting question.

I think with S400, Rafales and meteor missile induction. The era of Mirages is absolutely gone. No one is sending a mirage into Indian airspace now onwards. Also, Jf-17 would not be the best choice either. I think we will see J10-c as primary interceptor. It would be used to intercept incoming enemy aircrafts. With PL15, Strong Aesa radar, and excellent manoeuvrability J10-c would be the best for this purpose. JF17 can accompany J10-c as a force multiplier. However we might see F16 role switching to an attack aircraft, going inside enemy airfield and bomb strategic locations. Why F16? because PAF is battle hardened and highly confident with F16s. The engine is strong and it has 9 hardpoints, enough to carry fuel tanks, SOWs and A2A missiles plus it can defend hard from incoming missiles. I think we will see F16 in a more offensive role. Unlike 29th Feb where we sent Mirages and JF17s for SOWs and f16s were protecting our airspace.

Well, this is as per my limited knowledge. Maybe others can add onto it and correct if im wrong?

Its exactly the opposite.

Paf wouldn't risk US involvement embargoes etc. Hence, F16 won't be used for offensive against a US ally. This is most probably why they were in our skies during feb2019.

And now when we have 2 aircrafts with AESA+PL-15 that makes them a better option. Therefore, F16 might be retained for defensive role like interception, sounds weird I know.

And naturally when f16's take the back seat then J10s are best to take its role and jf17s could be used to compliment them as well as for SOW - perhaps. I don't think paf would send mirages now in a heavily contested airspace and might get the job done through thunders or dragons, especially in the presence of s400s.

My 2 cents!

Hi my friend guest of honour though military head been to India shaking hands and make defence pact with Indian army under the picture behind him signing of surrendering
by TIGER Niazi don’t get me wrong
we don’t even have that much leverage on Saudi army general to deny press picture under that particular picture of Pakistan army
I’m shocked what were beloved and war on terror general doing in Saudi Arabia if he can’t ask Saudi general not to release those pictures
if I say anything on this forum lots & lots will be after my posts
but nobody willing to mention it
thanks & regards
Have you seen God Father.. Keep you friends close and your enemies ...........

Its exactly the opposite.

Paf wouldn't risk US involvement embargoes etc. Hence, F16 won't be used for offensive against a US ally. This is most probably why they were in our skies during feb2019.

And now when we have 2 aircrafts with AESA+PL-15 that makes them a better option. Therefore, F16 might be retained for defensive role like interception, sounds weird I know.

And naturally when f16's take the back seat then J10s are best to take its role and jf17s could be used to compliment them as well as for SOW - perhaps. I don't think paf would send mirages now in a heavily contested airspace and might get the job done through thunders or dragons, especially in the presence of s400s.

My 2 cents!

You are right, those contracts and uncle SAMs interference is an issue. But I recall some analysts and air force veterans denied any such restrictions being part of the contract when 29th Feb happened. Are the details of that contract public? Does it explicitly bound us? If F16s were not bought to be used against India then why did we buy them in the first place? Considering our long history or wars with India. Is it speculated or confirmed information?

Here's an interesting read:

Also, almost always India would invade our airspace and try to bomb our installations first. Wouldn't a counter attack on their airports be considered a defensive role? Its a legal matter and contestable. We will not be going on an invasion spree. We are retaliating against a force who is attacking us. There is a lot of space for Pakistan to contest this. But would we? Thats the thing.

Maybe we wouldn't take risk considering Uncle SAMs closing ties with India and moodiness. However, once we induct J10cs in numbers, we already have replacement of F16s. Its not the only platform we are relying on for our defence. Hence we can be more risky with F16s.

Last edited:
. I don't think paf would send mirages now in a heavily contested airspace and might get the job done through thunders or dragons, especially in the presence of s400s.

The mirages could be converted to khud kushi huwai jahaz.. with the sole purpose of taking out enemy prized assets..

Atleast USA will lose leverage over Pakistan.

J-10C I believe is in the same class as the F-16. Or something comparable to that.

Good Riddance to USA.

With the US it’s not about leverage any more they might just want to retain a connection with Pakistan and F16 are the best way to do so. US is totally lacking imagination to deal with the challenges it faces. They are pulling out the Cold War playbook to deal with China, whereas the threat is totally different.

With the US it’s not about leverage any more they might just want to retain a connection with Pakistan and F16 are the best way to do so. US is totally lacking imagination to deal with the challenges it faces. They are pulling out the Cold War playbook to deal with China, whereas the threat is totally different.

They've lost their balance and made an enemy of 1.2B Muslims & 1.2B Chinese, while the Muslim leadership are cucks the ground reality is a lot different.

@Deino
i want to increase my knowledge

Any estimate how many were and will be produced in 7th Batch? and any news of 8th Batch.

Good question ... as it seems, the previous batches from Batch 03 on all had about 40 aircraft each and since the recent images already showed 720, I think it is safe to assume Batch 08 is either well in preparation.

What do you mean with 31st "halal dragon?

If you want to assume it is one for Pakistan, then you are wrong since it is a Batch 04 - indeed no. 31 within that batch - J-10C, but that batch was produced in late 2019 (between October and December most likely), so it is surely not one for Pakistan.

Even Deino has started using Halal Dragon. It is official.

Has the PAF ever gone up against F-22s and F-35s in exercises? I have a feeling the next Shaheen exercises might pit PAF J-10CPs against PLAAF J-20s towards the end to give a feel for what going up against a stealth fighter is like in non-stealth if they haven't experienced it yet (as well as promote the need for PAF to acquire FC-31s). ;)

qwc4bwanmcm21.jpg

He is someone promoting PAF and Pakistan. That should be enough. Let's not start the Pakistani Dalit habit of tearing our own down while worshiping whitie....

Instead of judging others, let's pay attention to the forum rules as well. We don't allow non credible click baiting sensational videos. Much if information is discussed already if the subject is being followed. This place shouldn't be used for promotion and shares.

Regards,

What do you mean with 31st "halal dragon?

If you want to assume it is one for Pakistan, then you are wrong since it is a Batch 04 - indeed no. 31 within that batch - J-10C, but that batch was produced in late 2019 (between October and December most likely), so it is surely not one for Pakistan.

Result of copy paste without due process to cross check.

Back
Top Bottom