What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

All you folks who speculate about AL-31/41 and flankers (Chinese or otherwise) make me laugh. When the IAF creates a maintenance nightmare by sourcing like 8 different aircraft types from six different countries you guys mock them for being impractical but when it comes to the PAF you basically want to do the same thing.

ToT will never come, yeah u can get overhauling facility since russian engines need overhaul after their stated span life, thus we cant send engines to russia as its costly and time consuming.
We can do it more efficiently here in Pakistan.

Well i am not sure on my own, i said what i heard. For now its AL-31, may have changed since i last heard.
And i heard way back in 2020 that J-10s been finalized and then i stated in mid or earlier of 2021 that J-10s are ready and coming.

Now let me say this also, one new procurement will come in end of 2023 or 2024.

So lets see.

Dieno, i hardly post, but when i post, i know what i am posting.

New procurement is another aircraft or AD system??

Just a thought

I mean it could easily be, that Sheikh Sb. was told by someone that:

1. We will have a J-10 display on 23rd of march (not new, has happened before)
2. The jet is in the category of Rafale (i.e. Rafale kai muqablai ka hai)

and Sheikh Sb might've understood something else and converted that in to "We are bringing J-10 on 23rd of March for flypast against Rafale". :D
I personally think the news has been leaked via Sheikh Rasheed. I dont specifically know why it was done but he is known as the Pindi boy and is close to military circles. Ido not think there is a need to announce it if the Chimese are bronging their J10s over. The mannerisms sugfest these are our own planes. My 2 paisas worth.
A

All you folks who speculate about AL-31/41 and flankers (Chinese or otherwise) make me laugh. When the IAF creates a maintenance nightmare by sourcing like 8 different aircraft types from six different countries you guys mock them for being impractical but when it comes to the PAF you basically want to do the same thing.
Irrespective if it WS10 or AL41, PAF will add one more engine to its inventory with Purchase of J10. If they could they would buy block 70

If PAF Pilots are "now" being trained on ejection procedures - then it does suggest they may not be "ready enough" to take part in the March flyby ? Unless of course, if it is a "staggered" release of information that does not reflect the actual rate of training progress made so far.
Not exactly. This is a training for the ground crew not the pilots on how to handle the safety equipment on this aircraft. There is no news of our pilots training which is understandable as it would have been kept a secret by both sides, as some senior members have said that our pilots have been training on these jets for a couple of months now they should be fairly trained for a flypast atleast.

Irrespective if it WS10 or AL41, PAF will add one more engine to its inventory with Purchase of J10. If they could they would buy block 70

That's what I think too. F-16V is the best choice for PAF. No extra fighter type or extra engine type to maintain, compatible with existing pilot and weapons and PAF has almost 4 decades of experience operating the variant. But unfortunately that is no longer an option, but instead of adding just one fighter type and engine type (J-10C and WS-10), some of the members here are going crazy and adding three or four new aircraft and engine types.

That's what I think too. F-16V is the best choice for PAF. No extra fighter type or extra engine type to maintain, compatible with existing pilot and weapons and PAF has almost 4 decades of experience operating the variant. But unfortunately that is no longer an option, but instead of adding just one fighter type and engine type (J-10C and WS-10), some of the members here are going crazy and adding three or four new aircraft and engine types.

In coming years, paf will be left with just jf17s, f16s and j10s, so only 3 types of aircraft and 3 engine types.

Today with j10 or tomorrow, ultimately the chinese engine will come to paf.

Currently, whatever being said on internet and as revealed by officials through different channels; is merely the tip of iceberg. Having said that, if even 40% of the desired modernization is revealed; I bet people will remain in shock for at-least couple of weeks if not a month.
Chaley bas 40% hee bata dein Eagle bhai.😁

Ooppssss, helis are called aircrafts ??

I must check the definition of aircraft. 😁😁
Rotary wing aircraft 😜
Sir if those F-16 block 70 would come, then again it's a new GE engine not the other P&W engines. Because new F-16 are only coming with GE engines. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom