What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Hmm?!! :what: ... but even if I agree, that CAC had a design "up its sleeve", such a design to complete will take vast amount of resources and if it is - like you say - "no project Azm" - then I see no chance for yet another fifth generation type! Anyway ... most interesting.
It would and most importantly - it would not be a Pakistan only aircraft. My guess based on the horse’s mouth statement was that there perhaps was a CAC “Checkmate” type project that either was shelved or not prioritized. Bear in mind there has been a permanent Pakistani presence at CAC since 2002 varying in size and role over the years.

Either way, 2011 was ten years ago and at that time Pakistan barely could afford the loan interest payments on JF-17(something I like to repeat as reference to the cancerous government at that time). Today things are fairly different with a revised ASR.
that would mean pakistan is shown some on-paper design and if PAF wanted it, pakistan would have to financing the entire mystery chengdu project by itself. i don't see that as much of an option especially as you know, pakistan currently does not have that kind of money and there is no way chengdu finished the design and didn't even try to promote it for sale. I also dont see it being any kind of collaboration where china finances 50%+ of the costs, that boat has sailed with the FC31/J35.
Please see above and yes - financing terms from China have gotten stricter as well. When the first FC-20(J-10AE) was proposed to Pakistan China was willing to provide ridiculously favorable terms similar to those for the JF-17 but that wouldn’t include costs PAF would have to bear apart from flyaway and weapons which post 2005 earthquake and then 2008 crash it could not afford.
But Isn't Project Azm a wider project that includes Fighter Jets, drones , SAM's and electronic warfare systems?
Yes - but that didn’t exist 10 years ago. It was just a PAF requirement for a 5th generation aircraft

You know you are annoying and bad, if the old and nicest person on PDF @araz puts you on ignore list :D I did not put him on my ignore list, so i can read his absurd posts :D
I have known him and tolerated him since 2006/7. It got out of hand and the name calling became too boring so I chose peace over arguments. You only need one person in your life to call you names and the Mrs does a fairly good job of it.
A

Just a thought

I mean it could easily be, that Sheikh Sb. was told by someone that:

1. We will have a J-10 display on 23rd of march (not new, has happened before)
2. The jet is in the category of Rafale (i.e. Rafale kai muqablai ka hai)

and Sheikh Sb might've understood something else and converted that in to "We are bringing J-10 on 23rd of March for flypast against Rafale". :D

I have known him and tolerated him since 2006/7. It got out of hand and the name calling became too boring so I chose peace over arguments. You only need one person in your life to call you names and the Mrs does a fairly good job of it.
A

And Mrs sometime gets happy, Mastan has become the only Mogambo of PDF that never gets happy.

my friend I believe some khaki makhlooq must have told sheikh sahib to put this out. Sheikh sahib has never released secret information he is close to GHQ.

I believe there is a massive media war , the chief goes to massive exercises in Punjab and Sindh…..tons of equipment being prepared ….. something is brewing…… will start a new thread

k

He speaks what he is told to. This time he spoke script in his own style.

Congratulations my fellow PDFers. What a great way to end the year eh?

I must say that to me getting more F-16s made more sense than J-10 purely from the logistical point of view. But I am no expert. And once HQ9P was acquired by the army rather than the airforce I had a strong suspicion that we may get J-10. The only logical use of the funds saved by airforce would be to acquire a new Jet. And J-10 just made sense. It mates very well with everything we have now, the backbone fighter JF-17, the SAM HQ9P, and the Chinese AWACS.

The squadron that J-10 is going into was a strike squadron. Which tells a lot about PAFs changing doctrine from mostly defensive to perhaps a touch of offensive. Definitely more offensive than before.

PAF was never a walkover, but now its going to be a pain in the rear for IAF.

Soon we might just hear: "Agar Eph Thirty Phyep Hota" :D
I believe we are already into transition from looking west to China for diversity but while doing this again moving to another single source. However, apart from many political factors, economics and affordability of western equipment is also a question. J-10 is a very capable plane but romance with Sixteens is eternal.

so slowly we are moving out of the fog and doubts and are establishing that it is not a rumor, the J-10's ARE coming and they are the shinny new J-10C's not A or B older models, now remains the mystery of the engine, my two bits is that PAF will choose the engine very strategically so that it remains constant with their technology roadmap for the years to come

Indeed it would and it would also make sense for the PLAAF to replace those sold with new production ones using the WS-10, but would that fit to the point @The Eagle noted, that Paksitan won‘t compromise quality when the should get used fighters?

People needs to understand that PAF is regarded as a top class fighting force highly disciplined and at par with any modern force out there despite of limited resources/options. In no way, any one should have a doubt on this. Even though, I didn't acknowledged neither claimed anything on AL-31F but one has to keep in mind that PAF is not going to compromise. That being said, whether AL-31F or WS-10; the top notch will be chosen by blue boys. IF J-10CP is here, it is going to be the spear head for PAF and in that area, there is no other option but to get the best out of it. I will hold down myself till the birds lands. We will then discuss as how, when it happened---- who was in China since when and in-fact how many of us (almost 6 members) knew from early 2019 or even before that.

I acknowledge & agree what @SQ8 used to say that any information which is for personal delight, shouldn't come to the internet unless Source say so. Secondly, any responsible person having information on any such topic, wouldn't compromise the OPSEC for few brownie points. Lastly, we all need to act responsibly. Either the J-10 or as I used to say, not only J-10 but a lot coming; means it is a huge responsibility to keep things close to your chest until the time comes.

Getting back to the topic; AL-31F has its own advantages and PAF sees that close coordination with big wigs for the future of Pakistan Defence Industries. A lot has been settled and clarified between Pakistan-Russia and I wouldn't shy to accept that thanks to China for playing a bigger role in this regard. This is same as like how Pakistan played a bigger role to clear the path for Chinese reaching the Gulf Defence Industry.

Currently, whatever being said on internet and as revealed by officials through different channels; is merely the tip of iceberg. Having said that, if even 40% of the desired modernization is revealed; I bet people will remain in shock for at-least couple of weeks if not a month.

Have you ever seen me opposing particular platform or even trying to say that so & so person is making such a stupid claim that if J-15 or J-16 or any Flanker is coming? I bet you wouldn't find me seriously doing so. You know why? I do not look at merely a platform or an opinion of someone wishing PAF to have a flanker. What interests me, is the case of seeing far beyond just a platform or an equipment. I am more interested into things impacting Country's Defence in long future.

I believe that any professional force like PAF just do not buy an equipment to live through the day and survive for tomorrow. You might not believe but PAF plans for 30+ years to the least if anything is procured or inducted into the active operations. By that logic & tactics; one can easily understand that which tech might get interest of PAF and how come the same can benefit Defence of the Country by any means or different ways. While pointing to something being interested to PAF; just pay close attention to the benefits and future lies ahead in-form of that particular platform/equipment, people will get the idea as how PAF or PN or PA is planning. How beneficial it is and how this is going to support in very long run.

If we are talking about AL-31F engine with J-10C for PAF; I wouldn't deny that plainly rather be looking at AZM becoming reality, an NGF becomes the reality and taking shape, a defence industry of Pakistan moving forward and all these factors will be combined with the help of Friends indeed. PAF may not be bringing the AL-31F or WS-10 merely for the sake of it. Trust me. It has more to do with future tech, development and progress being made to meet with modern warfare challenges. I have no doubt that Russia, China & Turkiye are already helping in different areas and the future path has been set.

Unfortunately, public denial is because of an ill painted picture of Pakistan. Don't take me wrong (everyone) but not everyone has to stomach to digest what PAF, PN or PA has been up-to. Unfortunately, most of us never tried to look at the right side of the picture but this is us keep asking for everything on platter and being spoon fed. I am not denying the fact of OpSec and secrecy level being maintained by Pakistan or China as everyone does so but did everyone belittle the particular nation or undermine them as if their defence capability is nothing at par in modern times. Surprisingly, no one ever could get the idea as how Pakistan has been the center of power struggle in the region and plays a major role to set rules. No one ever could look at things that Pakistan did. It is a dilemma but a reality since majority believes in the narrative being pushed by leading or major media outlets. There is a less of interest by the people to dig deeper and look at the things as they are instead of how they tell us to believe.

The reason as of the same proven fact that PAF do not race into quantity with the rival but always comes ahead of quality and delivering the result. This is all about to control the end game.

Last edited:
f PAF Pilots are "now" being trained on ejection procedures - then it does suggest they may not be "ready enough" to take part in the March flyby ?
Probably also means Pakistan has now confidence in Chinese ejection seats

Last edited:
If PAF Pilots are "now" being trained on ejection procedures - then it does suggest they may not be "ready enough" to take part in the March flyby ? Unless of course, if it is a "staggered" release of information that does not reflect the actual rate of training progress made so far.

You misread the translation. The article mentions how Pakistanis ground crew were taught how to maintain the ejection seats, not how pilots learned to use them.

Even the old PAF F6s had MB seats.
Pakistan installed the Martin-Baker seats becuase of bad experiences with the Chinsese seats at the time. If I recall correctly someone from PAF had commented that the most expensive part of the F-6 was the ejection seat since the Chinese had handed over the F-6s to PAF, virtually for free

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom