What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

yes he said "this is also an exercise in capacity building"

"so it's not an extra ordinary development i would say ..."

and then he said:
"i really can't confirm anything to you on that account but yes this is a step to upgrade our airforce fleet and get the best possible technology available.... because i know what kind technology is acquired on other side ..."

I don't see any problem to use home grown solution. In-fact, both parties would have been working closely in this regard. Speaking of western system, may not be possible given what J-10C is for China i.e. F-16 Block 60 or 70 for UAE/US. Source Codes and then matting a western system, might cause some doubts of compromise but it depends if PAC can work around with something new. How about Spanish suit on JFT?

Suggesting to throw more spinners into it? But yes, it should be at-least 500+ to make it interesting.
Considering that J-10 deal was envisioned in Mushy's era, he would have proudly said," ...Mujhe Khushi hay..." when PAF inducts J-10.
PAF went for Chinese options for JFT, even when western options were out there. Spain works closely with Dassault on FCAS program. Indra actually turned out from IT into defense domain. Leonardo would still be a good contender for JFT or J-10 upgrades.

Intriguing that JFT and F-16 combo alongwith support from Mirage-V wasn't up to the mark against Rafale that J-10 had to be thrown into the mix, unless J-10 is thought to be a formidable replacement for all types of PAF Mirages and then takes a lead from F-16 Block 52+ in coming years to become PAF's top fighter till some product of Azm comes on surface. Just like JFT squadrons, then J-10 squadrons will start boasting Multi-role (MR) from TA, AS and other different roles. We still haven't seen the face of JFT Blk III, so why would J-10 induction get prioritized over JFT Blk III ? Was such a bold move actually planned from the start. Its been years since we know that Rafale will be inducted in IAF and JFT blk III will be coming out in the same time frame. Then we get a whiff that J-10 is joining PAF's line up.
Sir. if it is just a normal proceeding ...why are we discussing it in multiple threads? Induction of new platform is normal?
Bhai, this is PDF and Mods are pretty liberal. Take advantage while you can :laugh:

Sir. if it is just a normal proceeding ...why are we discussing it in multiple threads? Induction of new platform is normal?

Normal Proceeding in regard to national debate. We are not India to make it a mountain and spend days like their media does so. It is just Military thing. However, Forum is available and for the same reason to discuss all the way till eternity. However those comments were in regard to members want this news from PAF press conference, DGISPR taking 15 minutes to address, media houses keep talking about, talk shows and what not; is totally like a childish behaviour and on professional. Agar Raphayl hota, is not us.

No doubts now. Its confirmed! Numbers not being shared though.

Intriguing that JFT and F-16 combo alongwith support from Mirage-V wasn't up to the mark against Rafale that J-10 had to be thrown into the mix, unless J-10 is thought to be a formidable replacement for all types of PAF Mirages and then takes a lead from F-16 Block 52+ in coming years to become PAF's top fighter till some product of Azm comes on surface. Just like JFT squadrons, then J-10 squadrons will start boasting Multi-role (MR) from TA, AS and other different roles. We still haven't seen the face of JFT Blk III, so why would J-10 induction get prioritized over JFT Blk III ? Was such a bold move actually planned from the start. Its been years since we know that Rafale will be inducted in IAF and JFT blk III will be coming out in the same time frame. Then we get a whiff that J-10 is joining PAF's line up.

It might have to do with package and capability of Air Craft as observed in last couple of exercises. When were talks and finalized; might be too earlier to say ..... at least for me. I will keep that silence or unless the birds arrived actually. What if Block-III is going to be a real SEAD/DEAD? May be J-10 planning isn't new rather, PAF awaited to see its capability and found it more than expected.

Gripen E isn't stealth or 5th gen like F-35, both are different classes. Gripen has come a long way towards NG/E.
The J-10 in PAF service would be susceptible to undergo upgrades due to technological leaps in avionics and weapon systems. Its yet to be seen if PAF sticks to Chinese systems due to contractual agreements or gets a free hand to experiment with home grown or western systems (e.g. Italian). However, J-10C pitted against latest variants of 4.5 gen aircrafts would have been more concise. A 4.5 gen Vs a 5th gen turns into a different ball game altogether.

How can be there a option of western packages if even the the Jf-17 couldn’t get anything relevant from the western nations.

Pakistan will get good experience planning for S400 during Turk Pakistan air force exercies.
China too. They've got the S-400 as well.
Lavi was a direct competitor to F-16 which was then terminated because of american pressure from LM and Isreali govt corruption.
You mean General Dynamics. Lavi was Cancelled in the late 80's & LM got the F-16 from GD in 1994, I believe.
Dual Seater has only chance if India goes for F 18 BLOCK III. Then either J 16 or J 15 or SU 35 can come
There is higher chances of getting the Pope to take a P!ss Test than India landing F-18's - this late in the game. They've already set their mind on the Rafales for Naval Role.

One advantage India has had over Pakistan is that they've had decades of understanding the US & their End-User Agreements. I doubt they will ever go for any combat-related inventory. As much as the US is trying to woo India because of their Economy & counter China, there are voices coming out against India at Capitol Hill. Modi's recent trip wasn't as successful as his previous one. Both Biden & Kamela didi made statements which weren't well received.

C-17, C-130's, Chinooks, P-8 etc. is as far as they'll go and it might be the closest thing to Military equipment they'd get from US, but beyond that - they'll seek Russia or presently, Europe/France.

Back
Top Bottom